Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1986 Celica 3s-ge Engine

Dave66

I have a 1986 Celica with the 3S-GE engine. Has been ultra reliable up until now. Recently started an intermittent problem, starts from cold...no problem, runs for about 5 minutes and then stalls, won't restart for 5 or 10 minutes, and so it goes on. This happens most of the time but not all the time. Anyone got any ideas?

could be the cold start injector switch. may be worth letting mr t or a mobile diagnostic take a look at it :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

if u look for the diagnostic socket (passenger side at the bulkhead) connect up TE1 and E1 connectors using a piece of wire to bridge them.

Turn on your ignition (but dont crank the car over), the engine light should flash an amount of times, then a pause and youl get another set of flashes.

try that and see if it reveals anything, and let me know the code error no. and if you dont have access to code meanings post again and il let you know.

good luck

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links