Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Is Your Car Fuel Consumption

kalimartu

travel (km or mile) and fuel (lt or galon)

example my car city out fuel consumption

2005 corolla hb gasoline

650 km / 404.9 mil -------- 36.61 lt / 9.66 galon ;)

I get between 54 - 60 mpg in my 2.2 D4D. The trip computer normally reads more saying I get up to 75 mpg.

Are you talking about the Corolla or the Corolla Verso? I have the Verso.

On my Febuary 2007 toyota corolla 1.4 D4D manual 5 door hatchback. The computer says 5.6 litres to 100kilometres. Dont know how accurate it is, mostly all rural driving. What MPG is that? I seem to get about 800 kilometres to a tank when first purchased. Now done 26,400kilometres from new. James.

On my Febuary 2007 toyota corolla 1.4 D4D manual 5 door hatchback. The computer says 5.6 litres to 100kilometres. Dont know how accurate it is, mostly all rural driving. What MPG is that? I seem to get about 800 kilometres to a tank when first purchased. Now done 26,400kilometres from new. James.

Thats giving you 50.4 MPG, not bad but certainly not great when compared with the (company car) 308 1.6 HDI am in at the moment which is giving a solid 56 MPG with 20% Urban and 80% at 80-85 MPH on the motorway (where the law allows B) )

please delete this topic your all making me cry ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

average bout 250 miles out of a tank dunno wot that is in mpg as trip computer is disabled

2.0 D-4D 2006 Corolla Hatch - getting 550 miles out a tank (60 quid)

not takin this ***** but you must drive proper like miss daisy lol i used to have a corolla 2.0 D-4D before i got the compressor an use to get bout 400-450 miles out of a tank, or it could just be me with i proper heavy foot ha ha!!!

I have changed the way I drive considerably! :)

Due to the cost and miles I do (43,000 done in 20 months) of having the car I was filling up twice a week at 50 quid a time.

So now I drive at about 60 - 70 on motorway and around town I do not bother racing anyone, quite boring but the money I save means more parts I can buy for my car!

If I had a CTSC then I am sure I could not do without canning it and would probably get 200 miles out of it :lol: but whilst I in a diesel there is no point :lol:

Thats giving you 50.4 MPG, not bad but certainly not great when compared with the (company car) 308 1.6 HDI am in at the moment which is giving a solid 56 MPG with 20% Urban and 80% at 80-85 MPH on the motorway (where the law allows B) )

Yes not bad considering I drive quite quickly up to the speed limit, with rapid acceleration. I sometimes give it too much acceleration and spin the front tyres. The 1.4 engine is quite nippy and on a trip down to Bergerac france on a 1,300 kilometre round trip I passed a mercedes at 160kph when I looked down at the speedo, with CC on. Didn't realize I was doing 30kph over the speed limit as road was empty and merc was doing 150kph. How long do the dunlop sport 200E tyres last as all 4 of mine have done 26,000kilometres and I would say they have about 10,000 more kilometres to go?

The things I don't like about my car is when it rains and it drips water onto the seat when you open the door.

I had a 1986 volvo 740 GLE estate that I had before for 4 years which I loved as it was easy to maintain, pretty reliable and never left me stranded. It sure was comfortable, excellent turning circle and everything worked as it should at 180,000 miles. Part exchanged it for the new corolla and got 1,500 euros off the corolla for my volvo. I was very sad to see my volvo go. Got rid of it really for economy. I will buy another volvo a 1998 940 CD or celebration estate and get it LPG converted. James.

2.0 D-4D 2006 Corolla Hatch - getting 550 miles out a tank (60 quid)

not takin this ***** but you must drive proper like miss daisy lol i used to have a corolla 2.0 D-4D before i got the compressor an use to get bout 400-450 miles out of a tank, or it could just be me with i proper heavy foot ha ha!!!

I was going to say .... I get around the 400 miles mark, about 46mpg

just driven from manchester to eastbourne (a good 280 miles) and i still have quarter of a tank left woooo. have to admit that i didnt go above 70mhp all the way down just to see what the mpg would be like. have to say im rather impressed. seen as i was only gettin 225 miles to a tank a few months ago.

Interesting thread: I have just bought a Corolla 1.6vvt-i (2005) after a few years of driving a Rover 75 CDT 2.0. I'm hoping the Corolla is as reliable and as comfortable as my 75 (I'm getting old B) ) . Anyhow, some ideas on how it should perform, from similar model owners, fuel wise would be welcome. I'm a new member to your forums, that's why I posted my query in this thread rather than starting a new thread. Hope that's okay.

Since starting to work back in Leeds again it's gone down 4mpg to an average of 29mpg.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, running your vehicle on gas is always an increasing cost, but there is a way that can be more profitable than this. Now you can easily use a system that allows you to convert your fuel costs to save huge amounts of running your vehicle. You can learn to build a simple inexpensive device, attach it to a vehicle's engine and convert that vehicle into a

water-burning hybrid .

Interesting thread: I have just bought a Corolla 1.6vvt-i (2005) after a few years of driving a Rover 75 CDT 2.0. I'm hoping the Corolla is as reliable and as comfortable as my 75 (I'm getting old B) ) . Anyhow, some ideas on how it should perform, from similar model owners, fuel wise would be welcome. I'm a new member to your forums, that's why I posted my query in this thread rather than starting a new thread. Hope that's okay.

I have an 05 1.6 VVTi too. For mixed driving, I get around 39-40 mpg - around 380-410 miles per tank with around £45 petrol in it (current price in my area is 108.9 per litre!). I do drive carefully most of the time, and I dont really do much motorway driving - at the most I'm on the motorway for around 50-100 miles per tank, usually around 50. ;)

Last three days done about 1,100 miles on 2 tanks of diesel. Scotland to south coast and back again. Cruise control set to 70MPH where possible. Haven't refuelled since getting back to do the final figures but the computer is showing 56MPG.

Had a couple of acceleration tests along the way, upset an MX-5 and a Beemer X5 owner when my Verso got to 70 faster than they could :)

The Pug 308 diesel is in the Guiness Book of Records as the most efficient production car on the road today so the figures for that do not surprise me, but you should be able to get 1,000 miles on 1 tank of diesel from it.

Last three days done about 1,100 miles on 2 tanks of diesel. Scotland to south coast and back again. Cruise control set to 70MPH where possible. Haven't refuelled since getting back to do the final figures but the computer is showing 56MPG.

Had a couple of acceleration tests along the way, upset an MX-5 and a Beemer X5 owner when my Verso got to 70 faster than they could :)

The Pug 308 diesel is in the Guiness Book of Records as the most efficient production car on the road today so the figures for that do not surprise me, but you should be able to get 1,000 miles on 1 tank of diesel from it.

How the world record was acheived must have involved some of the most painful and boring driving ever recorded. When the Pug plods with Air Con off at 56 it shows a steady 80 MPG, so it would be possible. However touch the throttle at all and it affects the figures dramatically. It must have done in a very flat place as well.

Is that because it is using no fuel whilst on the back of a Breakdown Truck??

:lol:

Is that because it is using no fuel whilst on the back of a Breakdown Truck??

Gaz, she's done 15k in 3.5 mths and has been totally faultless, i am quite impressed, shame its the most boring car i have ever driven. Pug must have spent all the development money on safety and reliabilty, and had non left for driving pleasure of old Pugs (while they were working).

There is always one exception to the rule! :lol:

My folks have had various Pug's all with one problem or another!!

Can't seem to convince them to go Jap!

There is always one exception to the rule! :lol:

My folks have had various Pug's all with one problem or another!!

Can't seem to convince them to go Jap!

They must love the pain and grief :lol:

Work harder :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links