Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Members With Obdii/obd2 Code Readers

cfc1

I am "borrowing" this idea from another club I use.

As you know from time to time peoples cars can go wrong and throw a CEL/EML. (thats the engine management light coming on..

The light looks like this....

72f97ac2.jpg

When this happens members come on here and ask what is wrong with their car only to be told they need to go to a garage to get the fault codes read. If we had a list of members and their locations of who had a code reader we could arrange a meet and get the codes read without the need for a garage, then the fault can be found and info on how to fix it can be sought in more detail.

I'll start the list...

cfc1 - Central Scotland

cfc1 - Central Scotland

Mo -Lincolnshire - Mr2 Turbo rev3 - always carries a paper clip!! :lol:

Sorry Davy i couldn't resist matey!!.

Surely there must be more members with code readers?.. put your names and general location if you do and would like to help fellow members.

Hogie

North west London(harrow)/Mayo Ireland

Ohh and at there own risk, i wont take responsibility for anything they think i have done to there car. It should be made clear to the person the software is read only.

Davy, perhaps we could pin it somewhere at the top of the boards. I have one and have already helped a member out over at the other club. Infact, I think I'm the only one registered as having one in Wales there!!! (It is bigger than you think, just in case anyone thinks I'm only a stone's throw from Cardiff!). I even sorted my Father-in-Laws Volvo T5 a couple of weeks ago!!

Anyhow, pop me down:

Amy - Pembrokeshire.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm up for this.

I've literally just bought one after my RAV4 developed a fault last night.

I'm in South Leicestershire.

Seems it may be my turbo. Fault code p1251. Typically no Haynes manual available til next month. Oh well it's by the seat of my pants then again.

As stated by someone earlier. You use it at your own risk. I won't be responsible for any errors caused by mis-reading the meter or other loss resulting from using it.

Mine cost me £50.00 which has paid for itself at first use as it would cost that the get it connected up at a garage / particularly a dealer.

And yes I can bodge quite well when needed. Again at own risk.

Malc. :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...

UFI Tech Autoscan U480 CAN OBDII

plus

if it's of any interest

UNI-T UT 105 Multimeter

County Louth, Ireland

• 1 month later...

Apologies for the belated entry - must have missed seeing this posting first time round... :)

1x CAN OBD2 scanner

1x hand-held single channel scope

1x OBDPRO (usb) plus (basic) software (unit compatible with ELM327 chipset commands)

North Yorks (Skipton area)

• 4 weeks later...

As you know from time to time peoples cars can go wrong and throw a CEL/EML. (thats the engine management light coming on..

72f97ac2.jpg

When this happens members come on here and ask what is wrong with their car only to be told they need to go to a garage to get the fault codes read. If we had a list of members and their locations of who had a code reader we could arrange a meet and get the codes read without the need for a garage, then the fault can be found and info on how to fix it can be sought in more detail.

I'll start the list...

cfc1 - Central Scotland

hellow i have a problem with tae vsc light yaw sensor zero point clibration if any one can help me

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys

We have the Carmen Scan here in Southend, Essex which will get into virtually all systems on any Toyota, even programming new keys and ECU's.

Cheers

Jason

• 6 months later...

hi guys

my partner is a mechanic in leicester area he has OBD-II / EOBD supported protocols ISO / KWP2000 / PWM / VPW / CAN.

Ill have to get him to sign up

cheers Anna

• 3 months later...

:lol:

72f97ac2.jpg

I'll start the list...

cfc1 - Central Scotland

Hi great idea - I am a garage owner but I'm pleased to offer this assistance as club members have been really helpful with problems i've had.

We are based in Midlands, near Coventry - we have brand new Hanatech Multiscan - one of the best Asian tools on the market - call Mark on 024 7664 3030 and I will try my best to assist.

• 2 months later...

Count me in.

In South Wales.