Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Members With Obdii/obd2 Code Readers

cfc1

I have a reader too :thumbsup:

I'm in Didcot, Oxfordshire (just head for the power station! :lol: )

Hi All,

I don't suppose anyone has an Autel MaxiDiag tool? i bought one off eBay, and the CD that came with it was cracked and i've trying to track the guy down to get a copy of the software, and can't find it anywhere online.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Bosch kts 520 updated annualy, omiscan hand held reader updated last week. various other small read only scanners. also have access to snap on scanner full update and bag full of code chips old model and new one. Launch code reader.

Also have a this years Auto data cd including full fault code recognition including old style flash codes and how to access them (for older cars with obd sockets although possibley not imports not check for them)

Also has full wiring diagrams for most engine layouts fuse box lay outs and such like. Comes with service light reset proceedures so you can turn your light off with out the dealers.

Any info required just ask

I am "borrowing" this idea from another club I use.

As you know from time to time peoples cars can go wrong and throw a CEL/EML. (thats the engine management light coming on..

The light looks like this....

72f97ac2.jpg

When this happens members come on here and ask what is wrong with their car only to be told they need to go to a garage to get the fault codes read. If we had a list of members and their locations of who had a code reader we could arrange a meet and get the codes read without the need for a garage, then the fault can be found and info on how to fix it can be sought in more detail.

I'll start the list...

cfc1 - Central Scotland

IVE GOT A MAC TOOL CODE READER FOR ENGINE ONLY AND A SHED LOAD OF PAPERCLIPS -KENT

Hi All,

I don't suppose anyone has an Autel MaxiDiag tool? i bought one off ebay, and the CD that came with it was cracked and i've trying to track the guy down to get a copy of the software, and can't find it anywhere online.

Thanks

I THINK YOU CAN DOWN LOAD MOST OF THIS TRY THE AUTEL SITE? :(

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,any one near Taunton have 02 rav which when the light comes on a loss of power - stop, start up again and its ok for a day. Thanks Graeme

• 1 month later...

I've an ODB2 cable & laptop code reader software. I'm in Lancashire - Preston/Blackpool area....

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Dawesy-nottingham. bout 10 mins from either jct 25-26 M1

Davy, perhaps we could pin it somewhere at the top of the boards. I have one and have already helped a member out over at the other club. Infact, I think I'm the only one registered as having one in Wales there!!! (It is bigger than you think, just in case anyone thinks I'm only a stone's throw from Cardiff!). I even sorted my Father-in-Laws Volvo T5 a couple of weeks ago!!

Anyhow, pop me down:

Amy - Pembrokeshire.

Another one here in sunny Cardiff. :thumbsup:

I am no longer available to help out in Carterton area, but can halp out in Oswestry and Cheltenham if needed.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

anyone on here thats got one of those modern mobiles running the android operating system can download an app. called "Torque" from the Android App market for a few quid. You'll need an adaptor the one I bought was less than £30 on eBay an ELM327 bluetooth unit,I used it on my previous Peugeot and works on my current Avensis, it gives you a whole raft of info about your engine e.g turbo boost pressure, engine load, throttle postion, mass air flow etc etc thats if your into this of course! But most importantly you can scan ECU for any stored faults or if you've got the dreaded warning light the app will display fault code and if your phone's mobile network is turned on (i.e its internet capability)it will check on its database for the fault code's description. I've got to say it works and its pretty impressive at a fraction of what a franchised dealership can charge for a diagnostic check.....

• 3 months later...

wheres the obdII socket on an avensis tourer ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm up for this.

I've literally just bought one after my RAV4 developed a fault last night.

I'm in South Leicestershire.

Seems it may be my turbo. Fault code p1251. Typically no Haynes manual available til next month. Oh well it's by the seat of my pants then again.

As stated by someone earlier. You use it at your own risk. I won't be responsible for any errors caused by mis-reading the meter or other loss resulting from using it.

Mine cost me £50.00 which has paid for itself at first use as it would cost that the get it connected up at a garage / particularly a dealer.

And yes I can bodge quite well when needed. Again at own risk.

Malc. rolleyes.gif

Hi Malc,I know you posted this a little while ago but my Rav has just come up with this code along with 627.What was your outcome?

• 4 weeks later...

I have an OBD2 code reader. Biddulph/Stoke on Trent/South Cheshire area.. Anytime really is OK..

• 10 months later...
We bought the autophix obdmate om500 scanner from eBay, reading code and clearing fault codes. Used for a long time,I get update data file and download this update tool.