Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris 2 1.4d Injector Problems

tykey

Hello, I keep reading this forum for all the valuable info but never needed to post before.

I have just bought a Yaris 1.4D 57 plate (10/07) with 10k mls 2 wks ago from a midlands dealer . Drove home down motorway, seemed ok,gave to wife then drove myself again a few days after and thought it seemed noisy even under mild acceleratiion so took it to my local dealer who agreed. Booked it for a tech check and they diagnosed injector failure and engine knocking.

They will fix under warranty but I am very concerned as I think the original dealer should have found/fixed and notified of repair before I purchased.

I specifically asked if the car had suffered any accident or mechanical problems before buying and was told no.

If I had known it had this problem so early in its life I would not have bought the car.

My position is that injector shoud not fail this early and that given that we had the car only a few days the problem must have been developing before they sold the car.

Even though my own dealer will replace under warranty I am wanting the original dealer to take the car back as I think such an early fault devalues the car and may be a sign of consequential probliems.

So, anybody have any tech suggestions re the early failure and any possible consequences. Also am I being unreasonable in wanting to return the car.

Just for further info I p/x'd a lovely MR2 for the car and am Lexus /Toyota through and through having had multiples of Yaris,Corolla, Celica, Avensis, Rav4 and Lexus GS over the years, so I feel especially let down at receiving a car with this problem.

Cheers

It may have been misfueled with petrol. If so all the injectors and the pump are likely to become scrap.

A proper analysis of the failed injector should show the cause.

If misfuelling is blamed, get your money back.

PS: from a bargaininmg viewpoint..1. act dumb and 2. get any analysis in writing.

It may have been misfueled with petrol. If so all the injectors and the pump are likely to become scrap.

A proper analysis of the failed injector should show the cause.

If misfuelling is blamed, get your money back.

PS: from a bargaininmg viewpoint..1. act dumb and 2. get any analysis in writing.

Surely if it was a mis-fueling problem, even if done in the past sometime it wouldn't be covered under the warranty anyway? For the dealer to say they will fix it under the warranty they can't believe that to be the cause.

Thanks for the replies, no I don't think its been wrongly fuelled as apparently only 2 of the injectors are causing the knocking and Mr T says can't find anything else on diagnostics (I was in the car when the Tech ran it)

Just wondered if anyone else knows of such an early failure.

Regards

Hi,

How did they(toyota) found that the problem is caused by 2 injectors?

They just plug the check machine on the car to read the ECU for errors, or they have taken the injectors out and test them?

Did you notice any power drop on the engine, or the average consume was affected?

Cheers

Sorry for the late response, no there was no power loss or consumption problem just increased head noise in fact I said to the tech guy when we were out in the car if it had been on mbikes ( which I used to ride ) I would have thought it needed shimming. However on his computer on which he kept taking readouts he said it was No 2 & 3 injectors that were showing well off spec.

They are on order and being replaced under warranty, hopefully next week.

If this cures the problem then ok as long as there are no otherproblems but I am still peed off with original dealer who had supposedly just done its 10k service and 'Approved' check up for not picking it up in the process. If it doesn't cure it then its back to the dealer, complaint to their local trading standards over their approved scheme, letter to operations director Toyota GB regarding the dealer and a letter from my solicitors.

Cheers