Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Braking Problem

chaz

I've been having this problem with my 95 Celica GT for the past two days. Normally the brakes are quite sharp but now it feels like theres nothing there. The pads still have enuff meat on them and the brake fluid seems to be just under Max(also checked for leaks). I really do have to put the brake pedal right to the floor to stop at about say 60 and i mean right to the floor!!

Any suggestions ppl?

Have you tried bleeding the system and checked for any leaks around the rubber hoses at the caliper end, also check for seapage at the bleed nipple?

Sounds like you have lost vaccum pressure on the brakes.

Check under the bonnet. Behind the steering column there is a black circular box which is the brake servo.

Make sure your pipes are all on properly and check for rips or holes. :thumbsup:

Sounds like they need bleeding. If that doesn't help it's possible that the seals in the master cylinder have failed. Normally if the servo packs up for any reason the brakes become very hard to use, like you need to push the pedal with both feet, but the pedal should still feel solid.

what condition is the brake fluid in? best description i can give is it should look like strong tea (without milk lol), if its very dark with lots of black patches in it (dirt), remove the reservoir and clean it out thoroghly with brake wash, put clean/new fluid in then bleed it through till the clean fluid comes through. - dont know if youv bled brakes before, its relatively easy, but start from the corner furthest away and make your way round to the side closest, checking that you dont use up all the fluid (which would then put air in the system, and leave you with the same pedal force as what you have now - spongy feel to it?)

good luck buddy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links