Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newpc

japnut

Hi all dont know much about computers so any help much appreciated.. was looking at a dell Inspiration530 intel core 2 duo e7200 2048mb ram 250 gb hard drive 19 in 1 card reader 569 euro . any comments i tried to put up link to dell website but as i said i dont know much about computers

Personally, I'd buy the parts myself and build it. Prob work out cheaper.

I wouldnt know where to start

• 2 weeks later...

Putting them together isn't the problem. Sorting out hardware & software compatibility and dealing with returns for DOA parts is the nightmare. It's taken six weeks to sort mine out, although the company I bought the board from have been really helpfull. I endedup having a tool sent to me that sits on top of the BIOS chip and lets me actually boot the damn thing up so I can re-flash the BIOS.

Fun? I don't think so.

Ok then... I knew everything you were talking about there. Anyways I would do what most would deem only a silly person would, but maybe you should visit a large PC retailer during sale time and buy the best recommended that your money can afford. But don't go crazy if you just want a computer for surfing and a few small aps then don't buy something mega expensive. :D

Ok then... I knew everything you were talking about there. Anyways I would do what most would deem only a silly person would, but maybe you should visit a large PC retailer during sale time and buy the best recommended that your money can afford. But don't go crazy if you just want a computer for surfing and a few small aps then don't buy something mega expensive. :D

:D And that's what I'll be doing next time. Believe me. I'll buy the next XBox or PS for gaming and a half decent laptop for about £500 for general PCness. I've had enough of second guessing what bits in a PC will work with other bits. :yes:

Personally, I'd buy the parts myself and build it. Prob work out cheaper.

Not these days it doesnt, you will get a BETTER setup but not a cheaper one.

Worst thing about Dell is they are mirror imaged, so aftermarket upgrades will never fit and you have to buy their bespoke stuff.

But then they are cheap and pretty damn reliable, and in future it just makes sense to buy new to keep up with technology as youll probably spend the same on upgardes over the years.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links