Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drum Brake To Disc Brake Conversion (yaris Phrase1 2000 Model)

LKHC123

I've been looking all over the internet and i can't find a rear brake conversion kit

does anyone know where i can buy and get the set fitted.

pref. in the south of england.

I've been looking all over the internet and i can't find a rear brake conversion kit

pref. in the south of england.

I think that this has been attempted before but I am not sure if it was successful. (I think that a Yaris T-Sport was used as a doner car but the engineering required was considerable and the insurance companies do not like anything with a "Non Standard" braking system)

The stock rear brakes on the 1.3 should be perfectly adequate for normal use.

Why do you want to spend quite a lot on modifying your brakes?

tarox do a 6 pot caliper brake conversion for the fronts and the rear of the 1.3, but your looking at £1500+ just for the rears.

Other that that you could try the t-sport ones, but i'm pretty sure you need the rear axle and all the other bits also.

It’s a Money pit idea especially on an 8 year old car, don’t even bother would be my advice :thumbsup:

Upgrading braking is not such a bad idea but your wasting your time doing it on the rear. Uprated pads and discs are often cheaper than OEM replacements and outperform them. The front/rear brake bias is something in the order of 75/25 so uprate the fronts and it'll be more than adequate. Braided lines may add some additional tightening as may a brake cylinder stopper but they are a bit overkill though cheapish.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links