Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats The "one" Thing You Dont Like About Your Celica?

gt4WRC

As i said, not a topic to disrespect our car but what is one thing that you really dont like!!

Personally i dont like how much it costs in parts, but thats what you get when you buy a proper sports car!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gt4WRC

• celica140sport

• Vince W

• The Red Man

I don't like the way I can't close the windows after I've turned the engine off.

In my previous Celica (X/2001 140bhp) I could operate the windows for about a minute after I switched the engine off, provided the key was still in the ignition.

In my current Celica (52/2003 T-Sport) I can't, and I can't honestly see any logic for why this is the case.

its gotta be road noise on my gen 7 just wish it was smooth and quiet

Yeah i heard that roadnoise was one issue with the 7gen. can you pack proper insulation in the doors to help?

i dont like the cup holders in the arm rest :D

i dont like the cup holders in the arm rest :D

haha your right there mate, i remember the first time i tried to use it and drive, what a laugh, it would be fine if you had an automatic!!

Mine is an import so it has got to be the Japanese text on the display and that the GPS still thinks it's in Japan as well :-(

ah the cup holders are great- for storing everything else but cups lol. i dont know about the insulation not done any research into it just assumed it one of those things

The 'Non Memory' front seats :angry: :angry:

Pain in the backside adjusting your driving position EVERY time you let someone in the back, as i do every day numerous times with the kids.

Road noise is a slight issue, but that doesnt bother me much.

when I had my 1990 ST185 GT-4 the most annoying thing was the lack of boot space

...hence the change to my current car

With the Celica st202 there isnt one thing wrong with it there is a few lol

The stupid passenger seat, and the force of it!

No insulation so noisy, especially the sunroof at speed.

A boot that opens that quick the back end rises up.

rattly doors coverings due to the fact there frameless.

The poor amount of power when not above 5000rpm.

The rubber rings around the lights that try and escape every 40 miles.

It lets water in when you jet wash it.

The wheels corrode faster than a rich tea in a brew!

Crap headlights.

The fact not even a womble could get in the back without banging its head.

The spare wheel in the boot.

When you put the washers on on a sunny day you get a free wet arm.

It steams up quite badly.

Cup holder (although due to the longest gearing in the world its possible to drive home for McDonalds with a drink it it in 2nd gear)

did I mention the gearing???

You know what though, I love it!

it used to be the ariel on my generation 6 any1 with an aftermarket stereo will know the problem thankfully now ive put it on a switch before the motor burnt out

The stupid passenger seat, and the force of it!

No insulation so noisy, especially the sunroof at speed.

A boot that opens that quick the back end rises up.

rattly doors coverings due to the fact there frameless.

It lets water in when you jet wash it.

Crap headlights.

The fact not even a womble could get in the back without banging its head.

The spare wheel in the boot.

It steams up quite badly.

Cup holder (although due to the longest gearing in the world its possible to drive home for McDonalds with a drink it it in 2nd gear)

did I mention the gearing???

Still pretending to live near Cardiff then??? ;)

haha rubber light rings do my head in too, all that g-force pushing them out.

And whenever you wash windscreen its like "crap, shut all the windows now!"

Do you have the original wheels or aftermarket that corrode?

Dont know what you mean mate! :lol: sorry bout that

Yea the only complaint for me have to be the road noise and the engine noise (couldve made the engine noise bit deeper) . With the interior the only issue is the plastic dashboard and doors, they get scratched so easily.

Still pretending to live near Cardiff then??? ;)

No mate I live in South Manchester why?? By the way, where did you get that lovely kit for your Celica?!?

TBH I don't think there was anything I disliked about my GT-R :o regardless of what she put me through and the money I spent on her..... and mostly that was my fault as I didn't know a thing about cars. :ph34r:

I hate the low visibility in my gen 7... it's pillars are like a cat that sits on your newspaper (EXACTLY where you are trying to look)

ive never found it that difficult to see out of tbh apart from the rear quarter panels are abit of a nightmare

hrm, ive had my celica since november last year but only done 3k miles on it because i have a van and work away from home all the time but the things i dont like is.

not enough grunt from the engine. and not having a gate between 1st gear and reverse.

but other than that im still finding things out about it. suspension could be a bit stiffer but things that i can change at some later date

hrm, ive had my celica since november last year but only done 3k miles on it because i have a van and work away from home all the time but the things i dont like is.

not enough grunt from the engine. and not having a gate between 1st gear and reverse.

but other than that im still finding things out about it. suspension could be a bit stiffer but things that i can change at some later date

What model celica you got reaper? 3k miles, thats nothing in nearly a year!!

there is just a few bad points, the view when you pull up to a junction isnt the best, the seat memory thing is another, i dont have any trouble with the road noise at speed because of my stereo upgrade. saying that though, upgrading the stereo to single din was a bit of a pain but nothing too serious, the exhaust note at low revs is a bit tame, the little bits of rubber that get folded over at the top of the door trim and although it happens in most cars, the water that makes its way into the car after using the washers with the drivers window open is slightly annoying but the one thing that is really annoying is the lightly sprung gearbox going from 2nd to 3rd at speed can sometimes cause problems, but when you put your foot down on a quiet piece of country road in this car the smile it puts on your face puts all other things in the shade, i love this car despite its little niggles, i wouldnt trade it for all the impreza in japan.

talking of gear shifting. every morning i have to reverse off my drive and i put it ito reverse and everytime from a cold start it grinds into gear then is fine all day everytime i reverse and its not me beeing a fool with the clutch cuz i make sure my foot is flat. although sometimes if i do it super gentally it will do in silently. anyone else get this ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links