Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats The "one" Thing You Dont Like About Your Celica?

gt4WRC

With the Celica st202 there isnt one thing wrong with it there is a few lol

The stupid passenger seat, and the force of it!

No insulation so noisy, especially the sunroof at speed.

A boot that opens that quick the back end rises up.

rattly doors coverings due to the fact there frameless.

The poor amount of power when not above 5000rpm.

The rubber rings around the lights that try and escape every 40 miles.

It lets water in when you jet wash it.

The wheels corrode faster than a rich tea in a brew!

Crap headlights.

The fact not even a womble could get in the back without banging its head.

The spare wheel in the boot.

When you put the washers on on a sunny day you get a free wet arm.

It steams up quite badly.

Cup holder (although due to the longest gearing in the world its possible to drive home for McDonalds with a drink it it in 2nd gear)

did I mention the gearing???

You know what though, I love it!

With you on every point there m8, and I love mine too! lol :lol:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gt4WRC

• celica140sport

• Vince W

• The Red Man

The fact that I've had mine eight days, and it's been broken for five of those!!!

Luckily I've owned one before, so know it will be worth the wait!

Clive

The fact that I've had mine eight days, and it's been broken for five of those!!!

Luckily I've owned one before, so know it will be worth the wait!

Clive

Unlucky clive, if you have owned one before, should you have picked up on any of these faults, or was it a case of "i NEED this car NOW!" before you bought?? :D

Hope you get it sorted soon

Lol, how has nobody said about the reverse beeping noise, Its so unbelievably annoying.

I think the only other thing is probably the road noise and knocking noises always making it feel like somethings broken.

Lol, how has nobody said about the reverse beeping noise, Its so unbelievably annoying.

I think the only other thing is probably the road noise and knocking noises always making it feel like somethings broken.

I quite like the reverse beeping noise, guess I'm just perverse ;)

It'd be hell if I installed rear parking sensors though, getting those two beeps mixed up could be quite costly ;)

i think its really useful the reverse bleeping noise ( apart from everyone who gets in the car says "attention this vehical is reversing" lol seeing theres no lift up reverse sometimes reverse is selected instead of 1st at traffic lights which i did alot when i 1st got the car oops. and its jsut different :D

I'm not bothered about the "you're in reverse" beep, but I am bothered by my unsuspecting passengers constantly asking "Oh, so you've got parking sensors then?".

just me then, well clearly....your all wrong :).

I had the reversing noise stopped as i wanted parking sensors fitted.

my friend convinced me i had parking sensors so there i am reversing up to a wall listening to the beep im now like a inch away from the wall and the bleep still hadnt changed. it was then i decided that it was just a bleep lol iVince W is your celica a 190? i do like the look of it u should keep it

hrm, ive had my celica since november last year but only done 3k miles on it because i have a van and work away from home all the time but the things i dont like is.

not enough grunt from the engine. and not having a gate between 1st gear and reverse.

but other than that im still finding things out about it. suspension could be a bit stiffer but things that i can change at some later date

What model celica you got reaper? 3k miles, thats nothing in nearly a year!!

sorry for not replying been working in belgium for the past couple of weeks.

01 gen7 140

very nearley bought the t sport but it had 122k on the clock :(. ive came up with another problem but maybe its just mine, when i open the door they dont stay open they always want to shut which is a nightmare when you put one foot out and then realise youve left your shopping in the passenger footwell. *crunch*

Vince W is your celica a 190? i do like the look of it u should keep it

It is indeed, (see my profile on the left) :) semi automatic too, but as we now have a baby, it's not very practical. We've now got an '06 Corolla now as the 'family car' :unsure:

I love pretty much everything about mine - Red GT ST202 - one quible would be the relative lack of Torque when the engine's hot - it sometimes just feels a bit flat. They run best on a cool evening when the air's cold-ish.

Some positives though :D ;

• It looks better than 95 % - 97 % of cars on UK roads still - (truly amazing considering its 15 years old-ish).
  • You get 0-60 in 7.9 s for a car that costs £ 1250 quid
  • You get a "nippy" quarter mile 15.1 s, again for a car that costs £ 1250 - 1st/2nd/3rd gear
  • Reliable engine
  • Large boot with seats down - easily carries a Road bike
  • Nice driving position
  • Ok-ish mpg on a Motorway
  • Comfortable seats
  • Simple dash
  • Looks awesome with front lights Spots on etc - great looking from the front
  • Wide, well poised and chunky looking from the back
  • Nobody knows what they are anymore - headturner

The !Removed! automatic re-arming alarm!!!

Although I suppose that's not the fault of the car? :D

Ciao.

Althou I don't own a celica, but I don't like the postion of the fuel cap and its extra large size on the previous/latest model

I hate the water which gets into my st205 when it`s raining and the wipers are on, i always have the window open a couple of inches even in the wet but if this is done in a gen6 car the winow locks and switches and the drivers right arm are usually soaking wet in less than 2 minutes flat.

• 3 weeks later...
hrm, ive had my celica since november last year but only done 3k miles on it because i have a van and work away from home all the time but the things i dont like is.

not enough grunt from the engine. and not having a gate between 1st gear and reverse.

but other than that im still finding things out about it. suspension could be a bit stiffer but things that i can change at some later date

Biggest prob - getting in and out with arthritis - very comfy once in though ('95 cabriolet 2.0l auto) - and yes, the passenger seat is vicious, and you must close the side windows before squirting the windscreen - and restricted vision when reversing, especially in busy supermarket car park surrounded by 'death wish' pedestrians.

does anybody else get this in there gen 7 once going "quite fast" the passenger door feels like its going to suddenly fall off?

turning circle (or lack of) was my biggest bug bear for the GT4... Ohh and the fact it weighed as much as a whale... ohh.. and the understeer...

does anybody else get this in there gen 7 once going "quite fast" the passenger door feels like its going to suddenly fall off?

Erm, nope. :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links