Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats The "one" Thing You Dont Like About Your Celica?

gt4WRC

when i say quite fast i meen rele hammering it btw wnt say speeds cuz they dnt like on here when i do. the wind noise is just so bad on the passenger side. and i noticed the seal around the windows on each door are different. sumut werd about my celica i tell ya lol

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gt4WRC

• celica140sport

• Vince W

• The Red Man

when i say quite fast i meen rele hammering it btw wnt say speeds cuz they dnt like on here when i do. the wind noise is just so bad on the passenger side. and i noticed the seal around the windows on each door are different. sumut werd about my celica i tell ya lol

I've had mine up to 130 and no noise like you describe, the veilside body kit must be very aerodynamic. lots of tyre/road noise though, especially from the rear, but I think that was due to two different makes of tyre. Not tried it since the new tyres were fitted.

I don't like other's drooling over my car. But i love the semi clad ladies that have their pics taken on my car. hehe

Show me a picture of your babe magnet? lol

i dont like the fact that every week something needs replacing or fixing on my four gets kinda annoying

i suppose thats why they call it the "faff" always faffing around with it!!

it really freaks out the passenger lol driver doors ok thou the main thing lol. usually would happen around 115 - 140 yes my speedo does read 140 lol on a friends private air field thou may i jsut add!! thats why its a celica 140 :D

it really freaks out the passenger lol driver doors ok thou the main thing lol. usually would happen around 115 - 140 yes my speedo does read 140 lol on a friends private air field thou may i jsut add!! thats why its a celica 140 :D

haha as long as they are wearing their seat-belt it shouldnt be anything to worry about! altho the G's at that speed may be a problemo :D

Bit of rope should do the trick

rolling-door-concept.jpg

Nothing to do with the fact it has 140bhp then?!?!? ;)

the biggest thing i hate about my 6th gen converable is :

1.insurance is too high for the jap inport :(

2. kids getting to close to the car with their bikes and scratch the paint work :angry:

3. price on parts everybody must think we're bying gold not car parts :(

4.when getting parts evrybody in the shops asks you if theres a differance between a jap car and gb car :unsure:

The annoying (but sexy) seats in the gen 7. Getting in/out with buttons on your jeans knackers the leather on the foldy round bit as you get in. !Removed! annoying.

• 1 month later...

At minute the one i thing i dont like is the small puddle of water thats gathered in the boot where the spare tire is on my gen 7. I rather suspect the seal on the sun roof maybe to blame. Anyone had this problem before?

• 5 weeks later...

'03 T-Sport'

And my dislikes have to be the;

• Road noise, some strecthes of road make you feel like your sat in the engine bay of a concord !!!

• Getting wet when cleaning the windscreen with your window open.

• The seat thing when someone gets in the back via the drivers side - aggrrhhh i'm constantly trying to get it back to the same place.

• Cant use the sat-nav whilst your driving, i'm mean your passenger has some uses and now setting the sat-nav isn't one of them / Good old Tom-Tom.

• The spare wheel cover / boot liner now looks more like a luna crator.

• The cd boot changer gets in the way when the back seats are folded flat

• It might just be mine but when driving at night every now and then my lights dim and then go brighter again for no apparent reason.

• The fact that the engine 'Lift' dosent cut in until just after 6000 rpm, it should be more like 4000. Does anyone know of any ECU mods?

But overall i love it - looks great and drives great.

The seat in my Gen 7 could be bigger and slide back further - even a few inches to hit back seats would help.

A common annoyance im afraid, even on my model, i guess the japanese didnt cater much for us tall europeans lol

I love pretty much everything about mine - Red GT ST202 - one quible would be the relative lack of Torque when the engine's hot - it sometimes just feels a bit flat. They run best on a cool evening when the air's cold-ish.

Some positives though :D ;

• It looks better than 95 % - 97 % of cars on UK roads still - (truly amazing considering its 15 years old-ish).
  • You get 0-60 in 7.9 s for a car that costs £ 1250 quid
  • You get a "nippy" quarter mile 15.1 s, again for a car that costs £ 1250 - 1st/2nd/3rd gear
  • Reliable engine
  • Large boot with seats down - easily carries a Road bike
  • Nice driving position
  • Ok-ish mpg on a Motorway
  • Comfortable seats
  • Simple dash
  • Looks awesome with front lights Spots on etc - great looking from the front
  • Wide, well poised and chunky looking from the back
  • Nobody knows what they are anymore - headturner

ahhh gd man some positives :thumbsup: i love my gt

This has made interesting reading really as I'm picking up my Gen7 very soon.

Most of the things on here seem to be just niggly problems if you get what I mean, which is a good thing!

This is one of the things I've missed since leaving the world of Toyotas. As an example, my current BMW mini has had a new gearbox before 50k miles and that's just one of the many things!

I noticed the road noise on my test drive, but hopefully a little sound deadening will calm that when I get round to it. :thumbsup:

Out of the celica's i've had

Gen6 GT - Weak Standard Clutch

Gen6 GT4 - Fugly as sin

Gen3 Celica Supra - Stupid stupid stupid front suspension

Yes the non-memory seat in the G7 T-Sport is annoying but as it's my fun car no-one will be in the back very much.

Steering wheel with only rake adjustment.

Lack of a decent digital computer.

Run out at 140 mph. My T180 is nearly as fast. A longer 6th. would have been better.

Shocking fuel consumption on lift.

apart from a problem leak, my annoyance in my G7 is the bumpy ride on roads that arent smooth and the road noise

other stuff is just cosmetic

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links