Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2001 Spyder

sickspyder

hey all ive just put an aftermarket induction kit on and have done everything (hoses back on, relocated the maf sensor etc) and disconnected the Battery to reset the ecu and all is good its sounds pretty awesome with the cone air cleaner to beat the heat issue ive put a heat shield on and a few pipes going from under the car to the cleaner to help draw more cold air in problem is though i have lost acceleration but im pretty sure its gained (well it definently feels like it has) top end power i havent re dynoed it yet and it gives a fair kick in the pants at high revs but was just wondering if anyone knows if this mod would cause this sort of lack of lower rev power or if it sounds suss???

ive just screwed the maf sensor into the silicon hose and was thinkn maybe that was the problem (maybe air leak) and should i maybe silicon it up to stop any chance of leaks????

im gonna try cleaning the maf sensor when i get home after reading ur forum thanks all

also does anyone know if the iat chips are any good or just a load of bull**** and if so where is the iat sensor i think i read it was in the maf but which wires r they?????

Ive put on a nitrous system (i know i may be upsetting a few people here) but it looks awesome with the purge system coming out of the side grills havent tested it yet still fitting but will let all know the outcome just wanted to see if the intake was a problem before blowing nos up her

any help would be awesome guys thanks sorry was so long winded just wanted to post all the info thanks again :D

Hi and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Not sure why you lost power on the lower end maybe a MAF clean will help, but I would check for any air leaks as well :yes:

I used to have a Unichip on mine which gave a lot better power at lower revs until I fitted the quad pipe performance exhaust, then it went a bit like yours with a definite lack of low end power, the only thing I could have done was to get the chip remapped which would have been silly money so I sold the chip and it runs just fine now. ;)

Les

yea cheers duno whats up with it ill try a few things and c how i go ill post any advances i make cheers for your help

Spyder, how have you got one with sorting the Induction kit out, I'm currently looking at a sealed BMC type unit but don't want any more problems with acceleration and alike.

Do you have any pictures of it in situ?

• 2 weeks later...

It might be because the engine is sucking in warm air (even with a heat shield), cars can loose up to something like 5% if they suck warm air. :huh: I think a BMC CDA (carbon dynamic air box) would be a good choice as the carbon air box resists heat, also TTE (Toyota Team Europe) make air induction kits specially for the mr2... try this for their website http://www.tte.de/cm_mr2.htm

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links