Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Value Toyota !

flexy7

"The Best Value Used Toyota."  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Is the CAMRY "The Best Value Used Toyota?"

• YES (Add why you think so)
    • NO (PLEASE GIVE YOUR CHOICE)

What size engine is in the camry?

Most recent ones are 2.2 , 2.4 , & 3.0V6 {even some 3.3 & 3.5}(Diffrent states of tune depending on the year.) Earlier Camrys also came in 1.6 , 1.8 , 2.0 & 2.5 .Don't think I've missed many, there are so odd import ones but won't go into them aswell.

Here's the most recent generations :-

87-92 - 2.0, 2.5 V6

92-96 - 2.2, 3.0 V6

96-01 - 2.2, 3.0 V6

01-05 - 2.4 VVTi, 3.0 V6

After 2005 they stopped importing the Camry into the UK but in the US it was upgraded to a 3.3 VVTi V6, then from late 2006 it became a 3.5 V6 when the new Camry was launched.

BTW why do ask ? Are you thinking of coming over to the sumptuous world of the "Camry" .. :spiteful:

Or are you simply curious ?

:g:

camryzb1.jpg

:thumbsup:

Hi Flexy,

Sorry, but not even for you could I vote "Yes" :(

I bought my 91 Corolla executive in England. No bids on E-Bay, so I PMed the seller & offered the reserve price. I got her for £400stg 4 years ago, & she hasn't given me any trouble, except for the time (My stupid fault) when a N.I. Bmw flashed me to get out of the way on the motorway. I let him go & said Fxxx You & went after him. I caught him, but wrecked my gearbox. Luckily I had a spare from my 88 model :lol: .

She had her MOT , but I had to get an NCT done to satisfy our lot. The examiner came out & congratulated me on my car. Did it again the 2nd test. 3 rd test he found rust in the sills & sent me off to get it welded, & return , unpainted for a visual :thumbsup: Sunroof is starting to develop cancer, so I'll have to start looking for a replacement soon.

Pics are in Classic section , under "Classic or not ", if you haven't seen them already. 4 "Yes votes have gone AWOL as you can see from the total. Doesn't bother me. She is Classic in my eyes.

I know that there aren't many left, now, but can't understand why they don't come into yhis section being an Executive GL

Good points, but the Corolla (of that value) weren't the best part of £30K 10 years ago !

Talking amount of car for you money I still think it's unbeatable.

You can get mid-90's Camrys for very little money, I paid £400 for my '95 3.0lt leather clad estate off eBay

CamryMulti-PicBlankplate.jpg

Which I got shut of recently when I bought my newer model.

Good points, but the Corolla (of that value) weren't the best part of £30K 10 years ago !

Talking amount of car for you money I still think it's unbeatable.

You can get mid-90's Camrys for very little money, I paid £400 for my '95 3.0lt leather clad estate off eBay

CamryMulti-PicBlankplate.jpg

Which I got shut of recently when I bought my newer model.

I put the blasted Invoice somewhere safe :rolleyes: & can't find it now. I think mine cost £16k 17 years ago. It wouldn't amount to £30k with inflation, but still fairly pricey for the time.

I put the blasted Invoice somewhere safe :rolleyes: & can't find it now. I think mine cost £16k 17 years ago. It wouldn't amount to £30k with depreciation, but still fairly pricey for the time.

I had a Carina II ('92)Quite similar looks to your corolla. It was a great car,150K miles & no major problems. :driving: I've still got my eBay invoice. (Will show if ya want?) I just think a '95 (Fully loaded 30K !)Camry a couple of years ago for £400, amazing. :clap: I simply wanted the newer model which has always been my favourite & gives better economy :yes: .Good think about human nature, we all have differing opinions,that's what make discusions interesting. :argue::hug:

BTW why do ask ? Are you thinking of coming over to the sumptuous world of the "Camry" .. :spiteful:

Or are you simply curious ?

:g:

camryzb1.jpg

:thumbsup:

Nope just wondered. I've been spoiled by a 4.0 V8 Lexus, so I think that's gonna be hard to improve on! (no offence. ;) )

I put the blasted Invoice somewhere safe :rolleyes: & can't find it now. I think mine cost £16k 17 years ago. It wouldn't amount to £30k with depreciation, but still fairly pricey for the time.

I had a Carina II ('92)Quite similar looks to your corolla. It was a great car,150K miles & no major problems. :driving: I've still got my eBay invoice. (Will show if ya want?) I just think a '95 (Fully loaded 30K !)Camry a couple of years ago for £400, amazing. :clap: I simply wanted the newer model which has always been my favourite & gives better economy :yes: .Good think about human nature, we all have differing opinions,that's what make discusions interesting. :argue::hug:

Agreed. I do think that you got a marvellous bargain. Better than the one that I got & with which I am still well pleased. Like you and Camrys, I love The Corolla Executives from 88 to early 93. There used to be a good few on e-bay, but are not nearly as common now.

I also agree about discussions, differing opinions & fighting your corner. Keep up the good work :lol::boxing::hug:

Agreed. I do think that you got a marvellous bargain. Better than the one that I got & with which I am still well pleased. Like you and Camrys, I love The Corolla Executives ...I also agree about discussions, differing opinions & fighting your corner. Keep up the good work :lol::boxing::hug:

We seem to be a dying breed.

:yes: (On here at least!)

:!Removed!: With the credit Crunch etc..it's nice to have a vehicle that has done most of it's depreciating yet still have many years of life in it, a car that's paid for outright,(Much like my house, thanks to not wasting money !) & giving you more "spare" cash. And speaking for myself ("as a Camry owner")I also feel privileged to be driving such a superb car. ( If this is motoring on a budget, then I couldn't be happier.)

Life Is Good

:clap:

• 5 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links