Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radio Connections On Rav4.2

Hoovie

That is bad news :(

It seems that quite a few of these 'solutions' are not solutions :no:

The first iPod device I bought just did not work and I had lots of discussions with the supplier but got nowhere.

I switched to the Dension Ice>Link Plus and that has worked very well :thumbsup:

The DMC 9088A looks a neat item as well - shame it does not seem to work :(

I've kind of lost track of what has been done here, so please excuse me if this is what you've already done:

IMHO, you need to connect all three TX+ signals i.e. in the 18 way headunit socket, the 12 way headunit socket and the new 9088A 12 way connector together and connect all three TX- signals i.e. in the 18 way headunit socket, the 12 way headunit socket and the new 9088A 12 way connector together.

So, you need either:

1. An adapter which is 2x 12 way sockets wired in parallel to a 12 way plug. The old 12 way plug goes in one socket and the new 9088A plug goes in the other socket. New adapter plug goes into the head unit.

2. Or cut and splice the 2 TX+ and TX- wires from the 18 way into the new 12 way 9088A plug TX+ and TX- wires. Then put the 9088A 12 way plug in the head unit.

If you've already done that, then possibly it's something like the identifier the 9088A uses on the avclan bus clashes with something the headunit already uses. You won't solve that one easily - it's a 9088A software problem.

2. Or cut and splice the 2 TX+ and TX- wires from the 18 way into the new 12 way 9088A plug TX+ and TX- wires. Then put the 9088A 12 way plug in the head unit.

If you've already done that, then possibly it's something like the identifier the 9088A uses on the avclan bus clashes with something the headunit already uses. You won't solve that one easily - it's a 9088A software problem.

Yes I did that and is not working so the DMC 9088A is useless on toyota.

Thanks for advice.

• 3 years later...

hi guys, I have a RAV4 2004, radio unit 58812, and I bought a Yatour Digital music Changer, with the Toyota "Big Plug" 5+7.

I'll post some pics(grrrr. can't upload media now somehow.. will try later...) plug can be inserted, but the DMC is not working... well, I see there is contact as a connected usb stick lights up, but the unplugged original plug(with 2 grey wires) makes the radio unit to be uncontrolable... the radio works as described in an earlier post here, but controls don't work.

So I got the feeling the DMC should be ok, but these 2 disconnected wires from the original plug are the hick up. Is this the same as you described before? Should I connect these 2 plugs somewhere?

Here(later) some pics. The Yatour seems to "miss" the Signal Ground cable, and the TXT and MUTE. Could one of these be the issue? The SG cable I would then suspect, is there a way to solve?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes those are the data lines that let the top half of the 58812 (buttons, display) talk to the bottom have (CD drive, amplifier).

Did the new DMC not come with a Y cable to allow the original connections to be connected?

Yes those are the data lines that let the top half of the 58812 (buttons, display) talk to the bottom have (CD drive, amplifier).

Did the new DMC not come with a Y cable to allow the original connections to be connected?

no, just the one cable that goes in the cdc connection, I can only leave the original cable loose... so I should get a Y-cable? Any idea where to get these?

• 2 weeks later...
I've replied in your thread on Rav4world.

just for anyone who might have the same issue... I got my Yatour DMC working. I cut the original cables that were in the connector of the cdc cable, put them together with the matching TX+ and TX- cables in the yatour DMC, and put the Yatour cable in the cdc connection. Works like a gem... ;-) Best would be to buy a Y-Cable, but I could only find one on Amazon, but shipping would be 50$ or so...

http://www.amazon.com/PIE-1998-2003-Toyota-Y-harness-PC-SAN/dp/B001KM2FTG

reg.

Wil

• 4 years later...

hi

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG  

Ekran Alıntısısss.PNG

I got to buy this product.

in my car cd changer output

Ekran Alıntısı22.PNG

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

How do I perform connection ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links