Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Noise On Engine Braking

HankyPanky

Lent the hi-lux to the son-in-law and it came back with this fault.

When the engine is pulling all is fine but as soon as I take my foot off the accelerator I am getting a nasty squeak/grinding noise.

Does anyone know the possible reason(s). Not clear where the noise is coming from but may be the prop-shaft....

Lent the hi-lux to the son-in-law and it came back with this fault.

When the engine is pulling all is fine but as soon as I take my foot off the accelerator I am getting a nasty squeak/grinding noise.

Does anyone know the possible reason(s). Not clear where the noise is coming from but may be the prop-shaft....

Hi Hanky

I had a very similar noise when slowing/breaking and also when reversing,, it turned out to be a grinding UJ on the rear prop.when driving the prop is under pressure so the noise wasn't noticeable.I was fortunate enough to have 2 breakers sitting in my yard so the parts wern't a problem

Cheers

Paul

yup, as siad prop uj... had to change a couple of mine for the same reason, also have a look at the rear gearbox mount, mine had broken, and i think this was the cause of the ujs failing

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links