Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Door Locking / Alarm......

osoleamio

:( Hi, I am totaly confused with the 51 plate 2.0 petrol, auto 5 dr rav 4 I have purchased....I have to lock the doors from the switch on the drivers door, then when I have closed my door I have to lock it with the key......is this the normal procedure please or have I been told a load of old cobblers.....'cos I don't know if it is alarmed or not. I was given 2 keys...1 plain one and 1 with remote buttons but the whole thing has been glued back together and the buttons don't work anything anyway.....hope someone can enlighten me.....also, i asked about my sat-nav on here , thanks for the help, when the cd/radio was taken out...2 thick black cables neatly cut through......that's probably why it didn't work properly.....anyway help with the doorlocks / keys would be most welcome....many thanks...Mike.

No it isn't right. You should lock the doors via the remote.

One of the 4.2 guys will explain I'm sure.

Cheers

Hi osoleamio and welcome

I had this issue on my better half's Rav4.2 when we had to change the keys. Before the central locking was properly programmed, we had to lock the vehicle in the way you describe.

I suggest that you first change the Battery in the fob, I think the 4.2 and 4.3 keys are very similar if not identical, instructions are here

Then if there's power to the key fob, and it still doesn't work, try this

And please report back!

Hi osoleamio and welcome

I had this issue on my better half's Rav4.2 when we had to change the keys. Before the central locking was properly programmed, we had to lock the vehicle in the way you describe.

I suggest that you first change the battery in the fob, I think the 4.2 and 4.3 keys are very similar if not identical, instructions are here

Then if there's power to the key fob, and it still doesn't work, try this

And please report back!

hi, thanks very much.....replaced the Battery and it works a treat, all i have to do now is get a new key as this one is in about 6 pieces and won't be strong enough to work the ignition.......thanks again..........mike.

lots of guys selling replacement housings on eBay for just a few quid :thumbsup:

so, if i get one do i just screw this key into that? only just phoned toyota dealer and he quoted £57 +vat for the key and then 30 mins labour to programme it.....about £120 all in.........not cheap.!!

there is a post about it somewhere here - guy had a physically broken metal key and a knackered housing - think the whole repalcment cost him around £30 for everything and Toyota Dealers were never involved :yes:

It is this kind of thing I think have been bought in the past ...

NEW 2 BUTTON TOYOTA REMOTE CASE KEY

8205_2.JPG

and you transfer the old gubbins to the new case - maybe someone with direct experience will eb able to provide more info?

many thanks.......mike.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links