Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Costing For A Timing Belt

niallmitch

Hi, its us again..lol...

thought as the Rav4 is going in for major operation to the clutch area, thought we would kill all possible future problems by replacing the timing Belt as well.

We have been quoted £300.00 plus vat for the job, can you tell us if this a fair price....many thanks. Tara :huh:

depends on the rav 4 , the petrol 3sfe 2 litre , belt at dealers is £38 ish , fitting with new rollers would be about £150 in a back st garage.

PM me the Reg Number of your car and I will tell you the dealer menu price. There is not enough detail in your description to price it up

Kingo :thumbsup:

Well, I just had one of those fitted, along with an MOT and new pollen filter(s) - cost me £436! So, I suppose it's about right for a garage stripe up! Be warned though - they will probably find something else wrong with the car which will also cost an arm and a leg.

Which have belts and which have chains?

My 55 plate 4.2 short wheel base - has this a chain?

Thanks

Well, I just had one of those fitted, along with an MOT and new pollen filter(s) - cost me £436! So, I suppose it's about right for a garage stripe up! Be warned though - they will probably find something else wrong with the car which will also cost an arm and a leg.

so glad i could do my own , total cost £ 21 for a timing belt, total time taken 3 hours.

Which have belts and which have chains?

My 55 plate 4.2 short wheel base - has this a chain?

Thanks

Petrol has a chain and diesel has a belt.

Regards