Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another "meaning Of Light" Question

lgraham

Wow nice community, :thumbsup:

My father got a Prado and there is this light of a car with a key in it that is always flashing. I scanned the pic of it from the manual. hope some one can help me figure this one out.

Or is it just saying that there is no key in the car since it goes away when the car is on

post-12-1073436217.jpg

hello and wlcome.

You might want to send a PM to 'CAL' he is a jap chap who was very helpfull for me at the JAE and translated my handbook fro me.

good luck.

rickers :hokus-pokus:

I agree with the guy talking about the car lock system. However, a few questions has the car key got any buttons sporting the same symbol for security or anti-jacking system. And does the light repond to things like door locks or the anti-jacking system when you play around with it? This should give you an idea of what this could be.

• 1 month later...

HI,

I got the same. I heard it's just to act as a detterent. Anyone trying to steal your vehicle will think there is a security system active.

locked.thumb.jpg

The new Avensi have the same. It switches on as soon as you remove the key. It's a sort of alarm light even if you don't have an alarm

lgraham,

On the Japanese text, it says, 'Security warning light'. :yes: