Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aux Belt Tensioner Bearing

K19NE G

Hey all,

Been a long time since I've been on TOC as my brother is now driving my Corolla in Ireland but I still get a blast every time I'm home! :D It's got 39k on the clock now and he's noticed a rattle on take-off which I've concluded it as being the aux belt tensioner bearing fault... only problem is I don't know if this is the timing belt bearing or the fan belt one - the difference in price is huge!!! euro32 for the timing and euro187 for the fan so guess which one I hope it's not!!! :rolleyes:

Any help appreciated...

EDIT: I believe it's a timing chain but you get the idea!

Its on the fan belt

it would be! never a cheap fix!!

Rich, you changed yours didnt you? does the rattle occur at high revs too or could that be something else?

32 Euro for the timing chain and 187 for the aux belt, is this a wind up? :eek:

32 Euro for the timing chain and 187 for the aux belt, is this a wind up? :eek:

not the belt but the tensioner. must be main dealer prices?

get a blueprint as better quality than the dodgy euro parts Toyota sell now.

Yea replaced it. No play in it thou, seamed nearly as good as the new one. 32 plus vat for a new one i think. I think most of my rattle was coming from the heat shield, fine since, although that annoying noise when you lift off the throttle and let the engine brake is back.

Was talking to a mechanic yesterday mike, was asking him about blue print. Alot of the stuff they do is Toyota branded. He said though sometimes you will order two of the same thing, like a belt or whatever, one will be from lets say Japan and the one in the other box will be from Italy.

Yea replaced it. No play in it thou, seamed nearly as good as the new one. 32 plus vat for a new one i think. I think most of my rattle was coming from the heat shield, fine since, although that annoying noise when you lift off the throttle and let the engine brake is back.

Was talking to a mechanic yesterday mike, was asking him about blue print. Alot of the stuff they do is Toyota branded. He said though sometimes you will order two of the same thing, like a belt or whatever, one will be from lets say Japan and the one in the other box will be from Italy.

the blueprint parts i get for the GXi (jap built)come from the same factory as the Toyota parts - in Japan. if blueprint have started sourcing from Europe that's not such good news. saying that the droplinks i got for the e12 had "made in japan" on the box. just checked a few more blueprint spares in me garage and there all Jap produced but its something i will keep a look out for in the future.

the blueprint parts i get for the GXi (jap built)come from the same factory as the Toyota parts - in Japan. if blueprint have started sourcing from Europe that's not such good news. saying that the droplinks i got for the e12 had "made in japan" on the box. just checked a few more blueprint spares in me garage and there all Jap produced but its something i will keep a look out for in the future.

It could be related to different makes of jap cars, may be mazda, part of ford related to iveco, ill ask him again though.

We were talking about my car, rated them as a car to work on anyhow. Made in Japan, thats good enough for me

Cheers everyone... I guess I'll start by looking for the Blueprint part... B)

Well apparently the Blueprint part cannot be gotten in Ireland and I did get a slightly cheaper price of Toyota UK of £128.78 (inc VAT) but if someone (hogie???) could tell me where they bought their Blueprint part it would be much appreciated - I have searched online but it's a minefield!!! :rolleyes:

Well apparently the Blueprint part cannot be gotten in Ireland and I did get a slightly cheaper price of Toyota UK of £128.78 (inc VAT) but if someone (hogie???) could tell me where they bought their Blueprint part it would be much appreciated - I have searched online but it's a minefield!!! :rolleyes:

I got my one from Toyota Ireland. Think they have sold you the wrong part. I'm going back to Ireland on sat, ill get you the part no for the aux tensioner then. I still have the box. The prob call it an idler

You can get blue print parts in Ireland, prob through a motor factor. Iv seen the boxes in my local garage

i've the same problem rattle when engine labours.

if someone has the part number for that idler that would sort me out. i got a new fan belt thinkin that might be the problem but its not :(

If you call BluePrint they will give you the part number and also tell you the nearest supplier to get it from. I spoke to them about their Clutch Master and Slave Cylinders and they pointed me towards a company in Watford who were really helpful (no stock of either item anywhere in Britain by the way). It was a company called All Parts Automotive who might be useful for you when you are in Harrow as they will be about 15 minutes drive from you. If you want their number just drop me a PM.

If you call BluePrint they will give you the part number and also tell you the nearest supplier to get it from. I spoke to them about their Clutch Master and Slave Cylinders and they pointed me towards a company in Watford who were really helpful (no stock of either item anywhere in Britain by the way). It was a company called All Parts Automotive who might be useful for you when you are in Harrow as they will be about 15 minutes drive from you. If you want their number just drop me a PM.

Thanks Marc! I'll check them out...

Sorry, forgot to put up the part number. Its 13570-22010 Idler assy

Better late than never as they say

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links