Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Abs

MattMR2Turbo

Should my rev3 tubby have ABS? I've noticed that the wheels lock up when I brake hard - doesn't seem to have ABS at all!

Just wondered if it should have or not?

Cheers

I don't think so? I'll check for sure later but the only one I really notice is the power steering one.

Just wondered if it was meant to be standard for rev3?

I'm not sure it was ever fitted as standard, although I would expect this to be the case after a certain year as safety become more of an issue. As Jimlad says as a general rule of thumb see if the ABS light appears. Alternatively, see if you can find an ABS fuse in one of the three fuse boxes (under the bonnet, in the Engline bad, to the right of the accelerator pedal. If you find a place for the ABS fuse (rated at around 30A I think) but no contacts, then you don't have the system fitted.

ABS is a OPTION on ALL MR2 turbos.....quite rare on Gen III turbos though from what Iv'e seen. Most people WITH it don't like it....I had it on my Gen II but not on my current Gen III.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I was under the impression that ABS was standard on all UK car from Rev3 onwards. Mine had it but the ABS light didn't flash on start-up. I knew the ABS worked coz if it didn't, my bump would have been a little worse than it was. I also know some people disable/remove the ABS system... :unsure:

Ive never came across any rev3s with ABS when i was lookin to buy one. My rev4 has it tho. Its pretty good actually its a four point system on mr2s

Sorry im talking about import jap spec rev3 turbos. Which is what Matt has.

UK NAs (which is what im assuming your looking at John R)no doubt will have them standard.

people remove the sensors as if you ever put it on a track ABS will really ***** you off as it's WELL over sensitive, i.e. you leave braking distance YOU know is enought, ABS will say no and come on f&*king all your jugement leaving you not knowing what to do. If you are confident with your car you'll loth it, if not it may save you! very personnel thing. Personally i hate it, ****s me up if i hit the brake and the ecu say no let it off and re apply in 0.0001 sec, i seem to feel that 0.0001 sec and it make me think i'm ging through that hedge..

each to their own.. :eek: