Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lc5 Reversing Camera

yrob

Hi,

I've been looking for sometime to find out if there was a way of fitting a reversing camera to my LC5 2003 Landcruiser. Buying kits seems easy but I want to integrate it into my inbuilt touch screen. I have seen a thread from 2005 where 'Softloader' did seem to achieve this but I can't get a message back from him. Has anyone done this and if so what did you purchase etc??

Fitting one to the car would be great but my absolute ideal would be able to also fit a camera to the back of my caravan of which I often tow so again any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks for that - very impressive!.

However, I need to know more about how I wire a camera into the fixed screen in the landcruiser. Is there a harness, is there a connector block etc anywhere, where I can wire the camera into. The rav4 screen seems different.

Have you had it out of the dash ? If not I reckon thats your starting point, take some photos of the connections on the back.

The T180 Rav allready had wiring going to back door for a camera, was a case of finding it and making a connector. This

you would need to find out about your particular model. If you PM the two Rav guys I'm sure they would offer some advice.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've fitted one to my LC5 and it works brilliantly.

Box of tricks from here:

Box of tricks

and the camera from here:

camera

You can have the camera pointing directly back or down (I've got mine going down for backing up to trailers)

I'll take some pics of mine later today and post them.

see http://www.kevminay.com/LC5.htm

Cheers, Kev. (Isle of Man)

post-42508-1225654359_thumb.jpg

post-42508-1225654380_thumb.jpg

post-42508-1225654396_thumb.jpg

post-42508-1225654415_thumb.jpg

post-42508-1225654437_thumb.jpg

So come on everyone, - who is putting a camera on their Landcruiser then ???

Not me.... I had it as a standard fit on a Nissan a few years back but it is not something that I would pay extra for and go through the trouble of fitting it myself :huh:

Not me.... I had it as a standard fit on a Nissan a few years back but it is not something that I would pay extra for and go through the trouble of fitting it myself :huh:

the single best feature on my lc is the reversing camera - makes hitching up the caravan a piece of cake and no more buggering around in the rain, getting in and out of the car and saves the potential for damage of the hitch hitting the bumper

the single best feature on my lc is the reversing camera - makes hitching up the caravan a piece of cake and no more buggering around in the rain, getting in and out of the car and saves the potential for damage of the hitch hitting the bumper

That is an ideal use for a camera.... but then again I am not into dragging wheely sheds around ;) :lol:

That is an ideal use for a camera.... but then again I am not into dragging wheely sheds around ;) :lol:

neither was I before kids :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I decided to go for a retro fit on my car, where I got a camera and monitor kit from http://www.parkingcameras.com and had a rear view mirror monitor and a night vision bumper camera for around £100. Very nice kit and is hidden out of the thieves view (although probably one day they will wise up to the monitors being hidden there).