Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cts Outfoxed...badly!

Tsporter

So i was driving home from work about 3am last nite, and Basil Brush, the little ginger bastid, decides to jump out of a ditch and have a game of chicken with a CTS...

_39941191_brush203.jpg

So I was doing about 70mph......the result:-

mini-DSC00028.jpg

mini-DSC00037.jpg

mini-DSC00038.jpg

mini-DSC00030.jpg

mini-DSC00031.jpg

mini-DSC00039.jpg

mini-DSC00034.jpg

370078500_ee63784c3b.jpg

Anyway, went back and had a look for him, (didn't wanna leave it suffer), but twas nowhere to be seen...

Ah well, could be worse...anyone know where i could pick up the plastic surround for the fog light? Here's a pic of the drivers one...

mini-DSC00035.jpg

No idea where to get the goodies, but ouch.... What a pain!

Hope you get it sorted soon. :thumbsup:

Unlucky Mate, Sorry to see the car damaged. :(

NASTY!! happened to me once.. or twice in my old corolla but the worst one was when i hit a badger! them things are tough little beasts! the plastic under tray was hanging off just like yours, never thought anything of it, was driving to cork a few days later and the car started shaking and pulling to one side and i thought it was a flat tyre! pulled into a layby and looked at tire which was fine, looked closer and saw that the plastic thingy has somehow tangled up inside of the 17" alloy wheel, and i mean proper tangled up!!

managed to pull the thing out but it keep getting into the alloy when driving, and luckely i kept some cable tie in the car which i used to 'tie' the mess up to! got to the destination and i used a hack saw and cut the hanging piece off.

Bring back fox hunting! :lol:

Try a PM to Parts King :thumbsup:

i had the same problem along a ring road doing about 90mph, a fox the size of a big dog ran out, my friend who was driving behind me said it looked like i ran over a can of red paint, knocked my whole fog light out and my bumpers quite loose but didnt do as much damage as yours

lol good title unlucky about the car m8. as for our furry friend! what was he thinking. hope you get everything sorted cheap.

Thats a lot of damage for hitting a fox...

Unlucky for you and poor wee foxy! Actually poor BIG foxy more like...

Will insurance cover un-insured fox collision!?

You are lucky [skilled!?] that you did not over react or you could have lot control, you must have got a bit of a start with that beast jumping out on you!

Unlucky mate ! Hope sorting it out doesnt break the bank.

I think you hit him so hard you knocked him into next week :lol:

Thats a lot of damage for hitting a fox...

Unlucky for you and poor wee foxy! Actually poor BIG foxy more like...

Will insurance cover un-insured fox collision!?

You are lucky [skilled!?] that you did not over react or you could have lot control, you must have got a bit of a start with that beast jumping out on you!

I was driving home the same route this mornig just as it was getting bright and spotted the culprit on the side of the road, couldn't find the plastic part of my fog light unfortunately. He wasn't as big as i thought, although he was a bit deflated after the experience...

TBH, he jumped out so late i only had enough time to brace for the bang, no hard braking, swerving, limited amount of swearing, etc. If it were a horse i'd probably have been parked at the breakfast table of the adjacent house!

damn where abouts it happen? maybe you hit him so hard he disappeared into thin air?? :lol:

Happened over near Maynooth.

Think I got off light enough though, spent a few minutes at it yesterday. Unscrewed the lip and she popped back in flush with the bumper, and just need some of those plastic clips for the undertray. The bumper part in the first pic is tricky though, she'll go back in a bit but the screw won't seem to catch it.

So all i need is the surround for the fog-light now....happy days!

There are some up on eBay atm. Not sure if the T-Sport ones are different to the regular ones on the other models, but here they are.

fogs on ebay

Unfortunately (for you) they appear to be the whole kit rather than just the surrounds so that pushes up the price.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links