Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm Now A Parent!

dazwan

Just to let everyone know I now have a Son (our first child). Didn't think anyone on here would be interested, but Dave 5282 mentioned it so I thought I'd share it with the rest of you as well.

We're calling him Alex and he was born on the 2nd of January. I can't tell you how happy we all are. Even though he's been keeping us up all night I'm loving every minute of being a parent.

Here's a little picture of him just after he was born.

Little_Alex.jpg

Right, now back to talking about cars :P

Full head of hair... congrats mate!

Cant wait to start a family.. not selling the MR2 tho!

Sleepless nights head dude!

Sleep? whats that? I remember hearing about that once :D

Honestly though, it's well worth it. It just means the sporty number will have to wait a few years (about 10).

:lol: I remember the loss of sleep thing - my wife and I would take turns to have 2 hours sleep each through the night while the other looked after 'little one'. Then we had a second and went through it all again (you so easily forget and are so quickly reminded !).

And then of course when the family is complete you might have a vasectomy to look forward to :crybaby:

Seriously though congrats on becoming a Dad - remember the first 19 years are the worse and each child only costs their parents £58 000 during their lifetime.

Seriously though congrats on becoming a Dad - remember the first 19 years are the worst and each child costs their parents £58 000 from birth to 18th Birthday :lol:

I'd say that you're being conservative. I remember seeing that figure (in dollars ~$100,000) ten or twenty years ago. Hasn't inflation pushed it up yet?

congrats :D ! My wife has been feeling slightly off colour recntly and i am due to find out if it was something a bit more long-term this weekend if you know what i mean! Don't get me wrong i do want to have kids but not quite yet, I've only owned my honda s2000 for just over 6 months!!!!

Awwww :) he looks soft and warm

Dont worry I am not going soppy (or broody).

What a great way to start the year. :thumbsup:

Are you getting him a racing baby seat for the car?

Don't get me wrong i do want to have kids but not quite yet...

I was saying exactly the same thing a little over 9 months ago :lol: .

Now he's here, I'm chuffed to bits and loving every minute of it.

I'm not sure what car seat he'll have. You can buy Recaro seats now! but it'll just be a normal one I think. He's in the carrycot at the moment (it clips into the car and even has a harness, so he's safe) cos I don't like the idea of him being all scrunched up in a car seat whilst his spine is at such an early stage of development.

Thanks to everyone for all congrats :thumbsup:

Thatll be a toyota previa then!

(probably the smartest looking ppl carrier ever!)

:thumbsup:

If I have to get a "practical" car I'll get an Accord Estate or an Avensis Estate. I think Estates are so much smarter than ppl carriers.

If I have to get a "practical" car I'll get an Accord Estate or an Avensis Estate. I think Estates are so much smarter than ppl carriers.

yeah granted!

ive always had a soft spot for estates! but my practicallitys come in the form of mental ICE installs and estates just seem to have a minor bonus come with them, hmmmmmmmmmmmm

and i drive a yaris! :blink:

:D

well done you guys, hope he brings you many happy times, just make sure he buys a toyota at 17 ;)

Congratulations on the birth of your son :thumbsup:

Have you bought his Scalextric yet? Got my sons when he was 3 months old, missus thought I'd gone mad :D

Dazwan Your son is beautiful. He'll be breaking the girls hearts all to soon :group-cuddles:

Well done to you and your partner.

Kaz