Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hid Kits On Ebay

dmm86

Not saying theres anything wrong with them but the best known company thats been around since the start is HIDS4u.co.uk (I think thats the addy)

They offer a two year guarantee, and are always helpful. Basic kit is £100 but if you use the Discount code STRATHY. It knocks £40 quid off making them £60 which is a cracking deal.

Dont say im not good to you ;)

Not saying theres anything wrong with them but the best known company thats been around since the start is HIDS4u.co.uk (I think thats the addy)

They offer a two year guarantee, and are always helpful. Basic kit is £100 but if you use the Discount code STRATHY. It knocks £40 quid off making them £60 which is a cracking deal.

Dont say im not good to you ;)

I'm loving that discount code as 'Toyota Pro' only saves me £37.50 on the 55w H7 kit £149.99 but the STRATHY saves me £60.00!!

I keep using this argument but the HIDS4U website says HB4/9006 for the dipped beams??? Everyone else says H7??

that also seems like a good offer, im not too sure on the whole hids thing. what lights do they give u, side? main? full beam?

that also seems like a good offer, im not too sure on the whole hids thing. what lights do they give u, side? main? full beam?

The dip beam is H7 so getting a HID kit will convert your main driving lights to H7. Corolla is not bi-xenon i.e. high and low beams from a single bulb so if you want HID full beam you have to purchase 2 kits. One for dipped beam and one for full beam.

HIDS4U is the best company I've found.

Personally, its gonna be a waste of time installing HID's for your dipped headlights (H7)

-You hardly use them

-They'll take longer to light up when you flash someone...and tbh majority of the times thats all you'll use the dipped lights for.

I changed the main beam only (H4) to 8000k ...didnt need any more light i.e. using dipped beam for extra assisant when driving at night...the hids is just on another level in terms of visability.

and no problems with on-coming drivers!

Beware the cheap kits from fleabay, there are hundreds of cheap import kits available from Hong Kong and the quality is rubbish, spend a bit more and buy a decent kit. Any kit you buy MUST be "E" marked to be legal to use in the UK

Kingo :thumbsup:

thanks guys, going to give it a miss, no cheapness will b put on my rolla lol. i think ill just buy brighter bulbs, take the yellow look off them

Personally, its gonna be a waste of time installing HID's for your dipped headlights (H7)

-You hardly use them

-They'll take longer to light up when you flash someone...and tbh majority of the times thats all you'll use the dipped lights for.

I changed the main beam only (H4) to 8000k ...didnt need any more light i.e. using dipped beam for extra assisant when driving at night...the hids is just on another level in terms of visability.

and no problems with on-coming drivers!

Is that the right way round?? I thought the HIDS were for the dipped headlights i.e. normal driving lights?? and if the main beam lights you say are H4 why does everyone else say they are H7?? I have changed the Full beam bulbs to H7 ring ice blue ones just for show.

So which is it before i order them from HIDS4U - the normal driving lights are what bulb??

Just ventured over from the AVENSIS forum, i know headlamps are different with projector light setup. But i cannot recommend HIDS4U.co.uk (do not work for them by the way ) enough they have very well setup website & people who actually answer the phone & who know what they are talking about. I opted for 35w kit with 6000k bulb kit & can honestly say its like driving a new car. Live in the countryside & i no longer have to drive on main beam, dipped beam only, had beams set properly after fitting kit & new bulbs are not over the top & blind no one. Also 35w kit is CE approved. If you pay for cheap kit via eBay you will get cheap quality kit, your wasting your money.

Just out of interest HID are for your dipped beam only if converting & not for your main beam. As suggested via one posting, just upgrade your bulbs on your main beam if you feel the need.

Ed, do you need a separate fuse from the battery for the HID kit or does it plug directly into the one H7 wiring plug?

No seperate fuse is required. Just plugs directly into the original H7 wiring for the bulb.

Dead easy other than getting access to the bulbs in the first place!

next question, does anyone know which is the correct kit? Is it the £150 one?

I brought the Ultimate Kit from HIDS4U and it's worked fine over the year I've had them installed. TBH I think it'll be fine if you get the 35w Pro Kit. Should save quite abit using the discounts.

think i'll get the £150 kit, the ultimate kit is for CANBUS cars. e12's aren't so can't see it flagging up any errors.

hello i have tried to purchase a kit from the site but where is it you enter the discount code??? any body help

Do a forum search for "HIDS" and you'll find the discount codes. They've been covered for a while now!

I have the discount codes but how do i activate them onto the checkout before i buy them

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links