Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stay Locked, God Damn You! (pt.2)

redavensis

Any advice gratefully received!!

My 99 Avensis refuses to stay locked!

The remote fob will lock it as normal (bar the red LED indicating the alarm is armed doesn't work) but it unlocks itself anywhere between a few mins or hours later.

When driving a 'clunk' can be heard as the system tries to activate itself.

This happens when locking the car with the key as well.

SOunds like a trip for you down to the Toyota dealers for them to run their diagnostic thingy!!

It cost me £14 for them to pinpoint my problem, probably worth shelling out that sort of cash to find out whats going on?

My 99 Avensis refuses to stay locked!

The remote fob will lock it as normal (bar the red LED indicating the alarm is armed doesn't work) but it unlocks itself anywhere between a few mins or hours later.

When driving a 'clunk' can be heard as the system tries to activate itself.

This happens when locking the car with the key as well.

Any further forward with this problem? My car stared doing the same this weekend. I've been having other problems with my central locking also which I've not bothered to sort yet as there are work arounds but this one is a bit more of a pain in the back side!

I hope the problem is now sorted!

I had Toyota replace the door latching mechanism at a cost of @£300 notes tho' (£230 parts & 1 hour labour)

They identified the faulty part by trawling thru their records from previous failures, but they also told me that I may need to have another part if it still isn't fixed, taking it up to £500!

It was really p***ing me off so decided to pay thru the nose & get it sorted!

I had an independant auto elec look at it but they could find nothing wrong ( the prob went away after 1 night in their workshop)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links