Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Urban Cruiser.

Fujisan

car_photo_279207_25.jpg

Good luck and best wishes to all future Urban Cruiser owners. You will have a great looking car that I'm sure will be a wonderful success and very popular. :yahoo:

And one that personally I will be taking a keen interest in.......when the time is right! :lol::thumbsup:

If anybody wants any more information, please sign up on our Homepage to receive our Newsletter

LINDOP TOYOTA WEBSITE

and we have a small piece about the car on our new look website

URBAN CRUISER

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

That is one quality looking motor!!! Can,t wait for a test drive

Clare

• 3 weeks later...

hmmm not so sure.. looks abit bumpy... and far too much like a Rav... :\

That's probably the look they were going for..... :rolleyes:

indeed, but clearly my point went over your head :P

It's too much like a Rav4, but worse.... :P

Megans with their fat asses look more sleek, modern and cruiser like then that ;)

Just my opinion of course... but compared to other 'urban cruisers' on the market.... :S

• 1 month later...

I like this, good find with the video's Fuj :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I'd have to say its not like a RAV4, to me it has overtones of a Corolla Verso but 4wd, if they wanted to fill the gap left by no 3 door Rav4 SUV vehicle ,they should have imported the Toyota version of the Daihatsu Terios called the Toyota Rush .

What i can't work out yet is the size of the Urban Cruiser, that would give a clue as to what part of the market its going to fit into, it does look a smart vehicle but to have the name Cruiser on the boot, ths a name that needs some living up to :)

What i can't work out yet is the size of the Urban Cruiser

3,930mm in length, 1,725mm wide and 1,540mm tall.

Compare with current Yaris:

3750mm x 1695mm x 1520mm.

I may be wrong, but I think it is based on the Yaris floorpan.

Would you consider it the "spiritual" successor of the original RAV?

I'd have to say I'm rather proud of the history of the 3 door RAV4, it was the vehicle that Toyota launched in 1994 to an unknown market , a sports utility vehicle with 4wd, unheard of the time, it put Toyota firmly on the map within that market sector and soon had other quick to copy, yet by 2006 Toyota decide the 3 door didn't fit into the profile of the vehicle range and dropped it ! although I'm biased ,its going to take a far better vehicle to fill the gap for a smaller SUV vehicle in Toyota line up, first problem is it got too many doors and second no 5" clearance between the tyre and wheel arch :D

• 3 weeks later...

I'd have to say I'm rather proud of the history of the 3 door RAV4, it was the vehicle that Toyota launched in 1994 to an unknown market , a sports utility vehicle with 4wd, unheard of the time, it put Toyota firmly on the map within that market sector and soon had other quick to copy, yet by 2006 Toyota decide the 3 door didn't fit into the profile of the vehicle range and dropped it ! although I'm biased ,its going to take a far better vehicle to fill the gap for a smaller SUV vehicle in Toyota line up, first problem is it got too many doors and second no 5" clearance between the tyre and wheel arch :D

Looking at the videos and what i have read on the internet the urban cruiser looks really good, what engine sizes will they be putting in the urban cruiser does anyone know. :thumbsup:

1.33 petrol and 1.4 diesel engines - both toyota optimal drive engines i believe

Pity....no petrol 3 litre, twin turbo! :(

;) :lol::lol:

Just had a phone call from my main dealer on Island and he,s expecting it in the showroom by June 09.A bit later than I thought it would be launched

Regards Clare

• 4 weeks later...

Toyota have released a little more information on the Urban Cruiser.

The 1.33 petrol engine will be 2 wheel drive, feature Start-Stop technology and has CO2 emissions of 129 g/km. The 1.4 D-4D engine will be 4 wheel drive and has CO2 emissions of 130 g/km. Both engines have 6 speed manual transmissions.

Sales start end of April, still no word on prices or equipment levels :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Blimey, these are expensive!! £17k for the D4D without any options!! You could get a RAV for that kind of money, with a decent discount.

I thought I'd have a look into these, as I'm half thinking of downsizing, but at that price, I think I'll stick with my RAV.

(Then again, I said the RAV was expensive at over £27k, and I still went and bought one!!)

Blimey, these are expensive!! £17k for the D4D without any options!! You could get a RAV for that kind of money, with a decent discount.

I thought I'd have a look into these, as I'm half thinking of downsizing, but at that price, I think I'll stick with my RAV.

(Then again, I said the RAV was expensive at over £27k, and I still went and bought one!!)

I would agree that they are not cheap, but they reasonable value!

You get auto lights and wipers, keyless entry and start, bluetooth, 7 airbags, climate control and VSC as standard (not too far off the equipment you got on the XT5/T180). Obviously adding leather seats and sat nav may push the price up a bit too high, but I think you'll be able to get a discount on one!

Best of all road tax is £120 this year and only £90 next year :D

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links