Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise Control Installation Instructions

Speed_Chaser

Sorry pal, the CC (factory CC) is available for 1ZR-FE, 2ZR-FE, 1AD-FTV, 2AD-FHV engines only...

I think that it is possible to have it installed in a 1.4 D-4d engine. I decided to buy all the things needed to try it.

OK, if you want to play, you can use this scheme

if your car is prewired for CC, is simple enough to install the switch, (see what Alex "said" in page 1) otherwise you have to put a wire from pin 23 (you have diesel) of ECU to the connector situated backside of airbag. good luck!

Sorry Tavy but on 1.4D (1ND-TV) the 23 pin at ECU connector is connected to E46 on the Combination Metter (see attachement)

On all others diesel engine the 23 pin of ECU is "responsable" with CC

We realy need help from a person that know exactly the pin assignement of ECU at 1ND-TV;

post-89439-1266264738_thumb.jpg

Damn we need to sort it out this with the 1.4d engine...

I'll ask a friend he is electrician.

On 1.4D (1ND-TV) ECU diagram is no cruise control switch but there is a "cruise control clutch switch" (see the picture attached), which makes me think that ECU was designed with cruise control. There is hope.

cruisesw.jpg

I think, like dan_daniel the 1ND-TV was designed for cruise control but for marketing reasons Toyota not provide CC on 1.4 D engine to force users that need CC to chose other engine.

In TechDoc for Auris/Corolla in ECU diagram is no cruise control pin assignet but i think this information we dit not find in any official documentations from Toyota so we need help from a person that know ECU pin assignement of 1ND-TV (i think there is a pin for CC but is unconnected/unwired).

sorry pal, pin 23 of A50'ecm is "chain master switch cruise control".

maybe we're not talkin' about the same ecu; this ecu is situated in front of the driver inside the engine comprtmnt

You`re so right, the ECU connector for 1ND-TV looks like this:

If someone could tell us the meaning of each pin on the 1ND-TV engine ECU would be so great.

post-74372-1266351683_thumb.png

First of all you guys are messing where you shouldn't. If u guy have an accident because of failing CC Toyota will clear their hands and also if you an ECU problem. Just face it 1.4d4d is configured in a way that it is not possible or at least Toyota wants to make it hard for it. It can even be the case that the tests revealed it self not to be complaint and they quit the feature.

More I don't know if you guy saw a post of user about a CC system to install on the 1.4 engines. The manufacture is from Denmark and the system not only includes the inside control but a separate unit which will be responsible for the CC. I did not see any schematics but the system as to be connected to the ECU somehow. Anyway it is a more safe procedure if something happens you can have someone to take responsability for. From what I could understand this is an OEM Toyota equipment probably for the Toyota Demark representative only because I never heard of it here.

From the photos seems to be complaint with other models because even has other CC controls for other cars.

This is just an advice but its your car after all

I found this installation manual and it's a CC OEM system for Toyota from el-spa.com; The information about speed is taken from pin 36 of E46 connector (Combination Metter), input information from CC switch is taken from pin 1 & 2 of E6 connector and the output is sent to ECU by connector on accelerator pedal;

Can any one tell me of this Original CC wil work in my Yaris T-Sport 1800 from '09 ???

Hi guys,

I want to know what part codes are they for Australia?

I'm sure you will get the part numbers from your local Toyota dealer by telling him what you want...

Best regards, Alex

Are there any Australian Auris (Corolla) owners who did this CC install?

I have found a thread that states that Australian ZRE Corollas dont have that extra port to plug in the OEM CC connector in :(.

"The Ascent Model for 2007-2008 ZRE152 don't have that extra port to plug the OEM cruise controller in. you would need to upgrade the whole steering wheel which is around $1900 AUD. not worth the price. infrared link is not that reliable. I would recommend you using a drive-by-Wire Autron AusCruise after-market cruise control which works the same but doesnt have the cancel feature but you can still cancel using the break pedal or on\off, its around $750 installed. If your in melbourne speak to AudioFX or call 1300 AUDIOFX these guys will install 2 cruise module units and it will work inconjunction with the ECU so there is a bit of custom work there from the auto electriction. Hope this helps"

Taken from:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=20669

Maybe its because he has a manual car... I have an automatic.

If thats the case then this blows... I am not changing my steering wheel.

If it's just the lack of connection in the steering wheel, you'll be able to get a new one (sports model) many many times cheaper than 1900 from Parts-King. If you want to check if there's a CC connection by yourself, just use torx tool and open two screws one on each side. Then lift the airbag gently and you'll get your answer probably faster than anyone will answer you on the forum :)

Best regards, Alex

If it's just the lack of connection in the steering wheel, you'll be able to get a new one (sports model) many many times cheaper than 1900 from Parts-King. If you want to check if there's a CC connection by yourself, just use torx tool and open two screws one on each side. Then lift the airbag gently and you'll get your answer probably faster than anyone will answer you on the forum :)

Best regards, Alex

The torx tool, can I use any screwdriver instead?

The torx tool, can I use any screwdriver instead?

The screws won't open with an ordinary screwdriver. You will need a

torx tool:

mfg362%20torx%20series.jpg

fsaixz38.jpg

or a special "screwdriver" which you can install torx heads to:

71990.jpg

Best regards, Alex

OK it does not work for Australian ZRE Ascent Corollas... there's only twp pins, no third one.

It might work for Conquest but then again I think those Corollas come stock with Cruise control.

Sucks :(

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hello!

i will make cc in my car, toyota rav4 D4D 2.2 engine 2ad-ftv,basic edition(attachment).

unfortunately there are no cables to steering wheel.

i need a cable from ecu pin23,but i don't no where is the ecu or the connector to this pin?

please help me.

thank's and sorry for my english!

2ad-ftvECUcc.PDF

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I had successful CC installation in Auris 1.6 (1ZR-FE) bought in Serbia by following Alex's instructions.

About 30mins was needed to make it operational :) CC is super thing on long highway trip.

BIG THANKS to you Speed_Chaser on excellent step-by-step pictures and informations!!!

No problem mate, I'm glad it worked. Actually, the pics and instructions were originally provided by Andron from Auris Owners Club Russia. I did only copy the pictures and translated the text as I thought many people would find it helpful :)

Had a read through the thread and only picked up on one success story with a 2.0 D-4D. I'd be interested in adding this to my car, but don't want to spend the £70 to find it won't work. What are the chances of this working on my car? It's a UK model with the CRUISE light (Which I assume is on all models) and the cover on the right hand side of the steering wheel.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links