Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise Control Installation Instructions

Speed_Chaser

@ChrisB666: Should have just bought a car with cruise control. :rolleyes:

Why is this thread not pinned?

Are there any other hidden features on past en present Toyotas?

Regarding the clutch "issue": The CC is supposed to disengage if you depress the clutch, otherwise the engine would rev up and remain there until you put another gear in. For the same reason you must NOT force the gear out on a manual with the cc engaged (withoud depressing the clutch). This is only a reasonable feature.

Although, when you have depressed the clutch, changed gear, and released the pedal again, all you have to do to reactivate the cc is to press the lever to the "RES" position (RESume).

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings from Spain. Hello everyone. Sorry for the translation translator use. The installation of cruise control is the same for the Corolla Verso? Need some more room?. Thanks and I hope to answer.

• 2 months later...

• 1 month later...

Should be picking up my '08 SR 2.0L D4D next weekend, will be very interesting to see if everything's present to retro fit cruise.

Hi All,

Great writeup, after reading this im confident that my Auris is capatible.

Just wanted to find out does anyone knows the part number for a CC steering column cover?(think thats what they called). I have tried everywhere, but cannot get the correct name for it. as I am the worse with DIY and over cut the whole.

1.6 TR VVT-i 2007 UK spec, will let you all know when I have installed this.

Well, got my Auris yesterday. Does anyone actually know if this works on the 2.0L D-4D or is it just a case of try it and see ?

Hello very interesting topic, do you know if it works for the Auris with the 1ZR-FE engine it's a 1.6 MT gasoline.

Thanks a lot.

Rafafifa

Hello very interesting topic, do you know if it works for the Auris with the 1ZR-FE engine it's a 1.6 MT gasoline.

Thanks a lot.

Rafafifa

Yes, it will work. I have the same car with the same engine and no problems so far. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Hi All,

I know this has probably been covered before but can I have a definitive list (with parts numbers) for everything i need for a 2.0 D4D to have CC installed? I think i need;

The Cable

The Stalk

The Cover for when the stalk is fitted

Correct?

Kind Regards,

Chris

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, will this work on Auris 2009 1.6 TR valve matic 132bhp UK version??

I have the cruise light and a free socket under airbag.

Cheers

Hi All,

Just wanted to find out does anyone knows the part number for a CC steering column cover?(think thats what they called). I have tried everywhere, but cannot get the correct name for it. as I am the worse with DIY and over cut the whole.

Any updates on your CC, did manage to get the part no. did you install CC

• 3 weeks later...

How do you find out which engine I have? I know it is a 1.6 petrol, 2007 manual Auris TR. The Manual only lists 1 engine with my cc, 1ZR-FE, is it ok to assume I have that model?

Hi All,

Any updates on your CC, did manage to get the part no. did you install CC

I haven't tried yet as my car is still under warrenty, so dnt know how this will affect it.

Did spend a week looking for the cover (also looked at CC models) but still cannot find it. I might pop to Toyota some time soon as I need alignment.

How do you find out which engine I have? ...

from owner's manual

... I know it is a 1.6 petrol, 2007 manual Auris TR. The Manual only lists 1 engine with my cc, 1ZR-FE, is it ok to assume I have that model?

yeah, this is the code for your engine

How do you find out which engine I have? ...

from owner's manual

... I know it is a 1.6 petrol, 2007 manual Auris TR. The Manual only lists 1 engine with my cc, 1ZR-FE, is it ok to assume I have that model?

yeah, this is the code for your engine

Thanks

I have just ordered the stalk from http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170616231550#ht_4961wt_941 they have a few. It looks like it comes with the cable too.

So I just need to source

Two M5x10mm screws

Plastic cover 45186-12010-B0

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

following the instractions i did it.

it works great.

thanks.

i have the 1ZR-FE engine.

1.6 petrol 5 gear.

I just bought used steering wheel and change also the plastic cover. And now i have original hole in mine :) Steering wheel costed me about 35 pounds and now everything is like from a factory :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links