Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise Control Installation Instructions

Speed_Chaser

Hi guys, a quick update, the cruise control now works with my 2.0 D-4D (1AD-FTV engine) Auris.

I removed the chip tune box and did a complete erase of the freeze frame data on the ECU using a diagnostic kit.

Therefore I think it's safe to say that the cruise control is not compatible with a chip tune box.

I did however press the brake, but the cruise control did not disengage, the speed went down, but it never turned off.

I haven't yet engaged the clutch whilst using cruise control, I'll try that and see what happens, but as far is it maintaining a steady speed goes, it works, I'll have to figure out why it doesn't disengage with the brake pedal pressed, unless anyone of you guys has an answer?

Thanks.

The only switch that can "turn off" the C/C is to push the C/C button towards the steering wheel - this is the ON/OFF switch.

If the speed lowers and continues to do so when you hit the brake, then that is precisely what the C/C is meant to do. And, after pressing the brake, if you wish to return to the original preset speed, then you push the C/C stalk upward - as if you are trying to increase the setpoint.

Hope this helps,

Krait

Hi Krait,

Yes, your right, I've messed around with it a little more to/from work and it worked perfectly.

I love it apart from one problem....

If I set it to, lets say 40 MPH and I turn it off, the next time I press the CC to set, it will build up towards 40 MPH, rather then resetting and allowing me to set it to a speed that I have gradually worked upto myself.

Felt like that car had a mind of it's own, it gave me a weird feeling when it started speeding up without me doing anything..

I will try to put the Chip tune back onto it and see what happens, but I still doubt it will work....

I believe that this has something to do with the way you turn it off. If I remember correctly, the CC builds up the speed after you turn it off by pressing brake/clutch pedal and then put it back on. But if you'll pull the switch lever towards yourself to turn the CC off, next time you'll turn it on, it will maintain the speed you've set it to. Correct me if I'm wrong guys...

Hi, everyone,

Just to report another installation of CC in1.6 vvti, year 2008. Everything works as per instruction manual! I want to thank to speed_chaser and everybody else who shared their experiences with us.

cheers :)

I am due to pick up a 2008 VVti TR Automatic (UK) (with paddle shifts), and I am hoping I can fit the cruise control as per this thread, although it seems hit and miss.

What parts did you use? Those shown in this thread?

I believe that this has something to do with the way you turn it off. If I remember correctly, the CC builds up the speed after you turn it off by pressing brake/clutch pedal and then put it back on. But if you'll pull the switch lever towards yourself to turn the CC off, next time you'll turn it on, it will maintain the speed you've set it to. Correct me if I'm wrong guys...

I'll give that a try if I remember and report back, probably is something as trivial as that, thanks for sharing it with us :)

FYI My 2008 Auris DOES NOT have the flaps to add the extra stalk. Looks like this is a no go for me :(

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Can you advise if this cc solution is available for Auris Terra 1.6 VVT-i 2007 (manual 1ZR-FE) please?

is AURIS 1.33 TR 2009 able to install cruise control?

many thanks.....

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this would fit an Auris T4 Hybrid and if i was to fit it how would this affect the warranty.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anybody post an image of the plastic on the side? or tell me what to do to fit the cruise control without hurting my steering wheel?

Hi what is the quality of this stalk? Is it the quality of a Totota fit item?

If you are experiencing problems when it comes to making a hole for your CC lever or cannot find a cover for the hole, please follow these instructions.

Order a cover for the CC lever hole. Here is a picture of the needed part and the part number. Please double check as this is a random picture found on the Internet:

pp3xy.jpg

Now you have two options. First one is to order new steering wheel column with pre-cut hole for the CC cover. You can order similiar one from Toyota. Please notice that the column cover is different for cars with manual and MM-T transmission. So make sure you are ordering the correct one.

5mgxu1.jpg

Your other option is to cut the hole by yourself. There is a line on your original steering wheel column cover. Just follow the line and after the hole is ready, install the CC cover. Be careful not to make too big hole, so start with a smaller one and enlarge it if needed!

• 2 months later...

• 2 months later...

Hello from Spain, sorry my english. I have a Auris 1.6 VVT-i manual, i order in eBay the switc & cable, i have a question, in my car i have this cables in the accelerator & brake, have to add something else?

Thanks

Regards

IMG_20121022_170858_zpsf45b6fc1.jpg

IMG_20121022_170824_zpsfd19da8e.jpg

Hello Zambur, there's no need to do anything to those cables, once you have fitted the switch you just plug the new cable into the white socket under the airbag

and then refit the airbag and you're done.

My cc cost me £20 inc postage from Thailand and it was the best £20 i have ever spent, enjoy!

The same for me, ordered from Thailand, fitted in 10-20mins, have an extra little metal peg coming from the steering wheel frame that was not on any other pictures that made getting it in a bit fiddly but pulling lever forward as though you were cancelling the CC allowed it to slip through. Would really like the toyota rubber grommet though, tried a toyota dealer and they said they would get the part but they seem to be a bit stuck. They can't seem to get it here in the UK or its not worth their effort as they have not got back to me.

The same for me, ordered from Thailand, fitted in 10-20mins, have an extra little metal peg coming from the steering wheel frame that was not on any other pictures that made getting it in a bit fiddly but pulling lever forward as though you were cancelling the CC allowed it to slip through. Would really like the toyota rubber grommet though, tried a toyota dealer and they said they would get the part but they seem to be a bit stuck. They can't seem to get it here in the UK or its not worth their effort as they have not got back to me.

I was wondering if anyone in UK has managed to get the genuine cover/grommet. I have looked on line but not having much luck.

What is the problem? Dealers should be able to order one if you tell them what you're after...

What is the problem? Dealers should be able to order one if you tell them what you're after...

I was trying to save a long trip for a small part,not close to Dealer.

Just order from Kingo (Parts-King). He's official dealer on this forum and will send the cover for you I'm sure :)

• 2 weeks later...

Following this excellent posting I decided to install the cruise control on my 1.6 2010 Auris.

My previous car had this feature and found that I missed having it on the Auris,I note that models a little later than mine now have this as standard.

I bought the control from the eBay seller in Thailand and it arrived 8 days later.

Having seen the post and pictures with the genuine Toyota "cover" I ordered this from "Parts KIng" as advised in the forum.

I removed the wheel and released the cover from the back in order to cut out the slot. Again,following advice from this forum I used a hot knife blade and a Dremel tool to shape the cutout.

With everything back in place I can report that it works perfectly and the "cover" looks like it was an original fitting.

Thank you to all that have contributed advice on the forum,I would not have done it without you.

• 1 month later...
27901591, I have this fitted to my 2.0 D4D, 2007 reg. Your's should be identical in fitting.

Rang up a scrapyard near me, he's got one from a 2008 auris and wants £50, going to pick it up tomorrow, if I see the cover I'm going to take that as well :)