Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise Control Installation Instructions

Speed_Chaser

This is the message that I received from parts-king, so pasting it here for the benefit of the community... I will go to my local dealer this weekend and see how it goes.

I have supplied these parts very many times to customers in the UK and they very often do not work!

As a company, we took the decision NOT to supply the parts in future for a couple of reasons

1, We could not tell you what models do and do not allow fittment of cruise control

2, This is NOT an official Toyota accessory and as such, we would not have the backing of Toyota is something failed and caused loss or damage

I am sorry I could not help you on this occassion

• 2 weeks later...

can cruise control be fitted to a 2008 2.0 diesel sr

I can confirm that it works perfectly in Corolla 2012 year with engine 1.6 ZR-FAE for polish market.

Thank you

Yes It's working brilliantly on mine :)

ideal thanks for that just wnted to confirm before i bought it all where did you source all the parts

can it work on toyota hilux 2011 2TR engine?

Auto trans?

i tried to manage and install the cruise switch by my self on my hilux 2011 automatic trans
sZFKt.jpg
yNt6E.jpg
bJpSf.jpg
i need to know which pin in ECU should go
E0ARc.jpg
thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Yes It's working brilliantly on mine :)

ideal thanks for that just wnted to confirm before i bought it all where did you source all the parts

it was from a local breaker, type into eBay "toyota auris breaking" and refine the search so it displays the ones closest to you, then just start messaging.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just so I am clear, the option to fit CC to the 1.33 vvt-i stopstart (2010) is not possible? I have read through the entire thread and I see it's only possible on 1.6 and above, correct?

Indeed, much the same question..

Would it work on my 1NR-FE Engine 1329cc 2009 model?

Many seem to have asked but no confirmation either way

• 2 weeks later...

From what I can tell, 1.6 and above.

Hi, does anyone know whether this will work on a 1.6l vvti corolla verso limited edition 59 plate, its the last of the old shape corolla versos before the now just verso and was an option on some models.

Other models the same have cruise control but not mine

thanks in anticipation.

Hello, today I have started to install cruise control, after removing the airbag which was my surprise that not this connector, in the photos you can see that pre-installation is made, do that I can do?. Thank you

7409f0c2-11b9-4397-8c80-c255c82cc92c_zps

IMG_20121022_170858_zpsf45b6fc1-1_zps9d8

IMG_20121022_170824_zpsfd19da8e-1_zps4f5

If you want to check if your cruise control is optional in your vehicle but don't want to spend money on a cruise control switch you can easily build one,

All required is a basic electrical knowledge and a few very popular and cheap electrical components

• 620ohm resistor
  • 240ohm resistor
  • 1.5Kohm resistor
  • 4X push button switches
  • few thin copper wires and a solder iron

Just follow the instructions on page 1 but use this diagram to create your own CC switch

Cruisecontroldiagram_zps2742c1fe.jpg

Thanks Ace2000 but the cable I have it, what I don't have is the connector that should be under the airbag and I which connect the cruise control.

76315a0b-7db1-42e9-8984-8f490734b3a5_zps

Thanks Ace2000 but the cable I have it, what I don't have is the connector that should be under the airbag and I which connect the cruise control.

I understend your problem,

My post was not reffering directly to your post

it was a general one

If there's no connector, there's not much you can do really...

I understend your problem,

My post was not reffering directly to your post

it was a general one

no,but you have it,

you just need to get the old model cruise control.

you can get from any scrap shops or from the dealer.

u should connect your cruise to the whit connecter in the picture you upload.

Could someone put a picture of the wiring coming out of the throttle? Thank you

what do you mean throttle?

Hi all,

Just so I am clear, the option to fit CC to the 1.33 vvt-i stopstart (2010) is not possible? I have read through the entire thread and I see it's only possible on 1.6 and above, correct?

To answer my own question...on the 1.33 stopstart it is not possible. There is no cruise light on the dash because this space is taken by the 'eco on' 'eco off' light used by the stopstart .

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i have a toyota auris 1.33 start&stop 1NRFE (NRE150L).i bought it new on 2009.

i have seen the instructions on the russian site and bought the cc materials from toyota. We tried to install it with the toyota engineer but it didn't work.

and i'm really ****** off because 5 years now and i don't see any workaround on the internet.

my car has the connection port under the steering wheel, the cruise light on panel, an electric accelerator and sensor on the clutch.

it has everything necessary for the cc to work.

I don't understand why the hell it doesn't work.

i can only come to the conclusion that the ECU is not programmed to interact with the cc.

if anyone has any other helpful information please let me know.

i think that there are many many cars like mine in circulation at least in Greece. Nobody has found a way??

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am new to all of this but was just wondering whether anyone knows if the CC will work on my Auris 2.0 D-4D TR. I have removed the front of the steering wheel to check for the connection and also that the word 'CRUISE' is on the instrument panel and both are present. Does this mean that I should be able to successfully install the CC with the parts mentioned at the beginning of this thread?

Thanks

Should work, I remember that someone probably wrote about it in this thread. It is not 100% sure but you can always try if it'll work for you.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links