Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise Control Installation Instructions

Speed_Chaser

hi, i have a toyota auris 1.33 start&stop 1NRFE (NRE150L).i bought it new on 2009.

i have seen the instructions on the russian site and bought the cc materials from toyota. We tried to install it with the toyota engineer but it didn't work.

and i'm really ****** off because 5 years now and i don't see any workaround on the internet.

my car has the connection port under the steering wheel, the cruise light on panel, an electric accelerator and sensor on the clutch.

it has everything necessary for the cc to work.

I don't understand why the hell it doesn't work.

i can only come to the conclusion that the ECU is not programmed to interact with the cc.

if anyone has any other helpful information please let me know.

i think that there are many many cars like mine in circulation at least in Greece. Nobody has found a way??

Have you checked if there is a fuse missing?

Dear Auris' friends,

Read all the long topic, but couldn't find any project complete on 1.4 D4D (1NDTV).

Just found someone successfully installed it on Russian forum (http://taclub.ru/index.php?s=d93c883756b7e53280346a89f9ae306e&showtopic=338&page=16). He says it works with 1.4 facelift model (2010 and up). Mine is 2011 as well. Anyone could confirm before buying parts? :)

Is that you on that forum with nick alexik? Because he wants to know the same thing!

@ace2000 I used your wiring diagram and made up a cruise control adapter and am pleased to announce it works on 2.0 d4d tr 2008.

@Speed_Chaser, firstly THANKS for this interesting topic and informative posts.

No, I am not yet registered with that forum, but I keep following :) I assume many readers of this forum are in similar situation as well...

I will probably take the risk if I get the stalk at decent price :)

@quick2000 I used your wiring diagram and made up a cruise control adapter and am pleased to announce it works on 2.0 d4d tr 2008.

If you ment Ace2000 then I gled my diagram helped you

you can share a photo of your work, I'm curious.. :D

@Speed_Chaser, firstly THANKS for this interesting topic and informative posts.

No, I am not yet registered with that forum, but I keep following :) I assume many readers of this forum are in similar situation as well...

I will probably take the risk if I get the stalk at decent price :)

Well, as the guy asked similiar guestion there, it could be wise to follow that topic for a while and hope he will get an asnwer. If he won't, it'll be time for you to bite the bullet I guess :)

You are welcome!

Hello!! I have my auris facelift 2011 1.4d4d. Have full extras but not cc. I'm now in vacation and i want to spend some minutes to look the wheel .... I want to buy the parts but not know if works...

@quick2000 I used your wiring diagram and made up a cruise control adapter and am pleased to announce it works on 2.0 d4d tr 2008.

If you ment Ace2000 then I gled my diagram helped you

you can share a photo of your work, I'm curious.. :D

Here are the pics, the wiring isn't the best, but it does work! The switches were fitted by making holes at the back of the steering wheel. I did try further forward, but the airbag got in the way (didn't realize until it was too late :/).

2013-08-18%2020.15.31.jpg

2013-08-18%2020.15.45.jpg

2013-08-18%2020.21.07.jpg

2013-08-18%2020.21.16.jpg

2013-08-18%2020.21.28.jpg

2013-08-18%2020.23.53.jpg

• 1 month later...

It is not possible to install cruise control for Auris 1.4 D4D diesel. Checked that 100%.

:(

which model year? engine code?

It is not possible to install cruise control for Auris 1.4 D4D diesel. Checked that 100%.

:(

which model year? engine code?

2009 year, Engine: 1ND-TV

Anyone know where to buy this part now, apart from at the stealers?

Tried Kingo, but appears hes not selling them now :(

Also any tips on removing the airbag from a 2010 model hybrid? , there are 2 holes either side of the wheel but cant see any torx screws

I bought my CC switch from Kbank 477 Thailand on eBay, £20 inc delivery, April 2011 and it works perfectly, the best £20 i ever spent without a doubt.

Why do so many people refer to the main dealers as "stealers" ? it seems rather silly to me, is it because it rhymes?

personally I prefer genuine Toyota parts on my Toyota because I trust Toyota, if I had an old banger....

Removing airbag .. there are no screws but if you push the eraser end of a pencil into the hole it will release a spring clip on one side, push the pencil into the other side

and it will release the airbag, ( I use a cut down chopstick) once you get it off, what are you going to do in there if you don't have a switch?

Thanks for the info, i will have a look.

Most people refer to the dealers as stealers because most of the time they are far too expensive for servicing etc. whilst I do prefer genuine parts, the dealers/stealers usually charge the earth for everything in order to justify a sparkly showroom!

When i get my CC switch ill be using the chopstick to get the airbag off to fit it hopefully

Cheers

Hi everybody.

I have read all thread looking for information for my car.

I have car Toyota Corolla ZZE121, manufacture year 2005, engine code 3ZZFE, and I installed CC but I cannot make it work.

I need your advice. First question, anyone has the same car and has installed the CC succesfully?

Furthermore, what am I doing wrong? What should I check? I am a bit tired and maybe I don't see the light because I am very tired of this, for this reason I ask for help.

Thank you and keep up this great job!!

Does anyone know if this would fit an Auris T4 Hybrid and if i was to fit it how would this affect the warranty.

Thanks.

Not seen a response to the above quoted post. I have the same question although Toyota dealers have said CC is not an option for the T4. Colin: did you do any checks yourself e.g. whether there is the necessary spare connector port behind the steering wheel boss/airbag 7fbBh ?

Tried CC stalk on a facelift 2011 1.4 D4D NDTV Auris. Unfortunetely no luck :(

What I did: I just removed the airbag, switched the CC stalk cable into the available socket and tried driving (holding it in my hand and swiching different buttons). None of the buttons were active, indicator light did not go on...

Could I make something wrong (considering someone had success on the same car on Russian forum)?

Another strange thing is that the cable had only 2 wires, but 3 pins available on the stalk and 4 pins on the steering wheel socket (or opposite - cannot remember).

Could I use the incorrect stalk/cable (I am not sure what Toyota model was it from)?

• 1 month later...

Hi all, great to read a subject on a well informed forum. Well done to you all.

My question is can this modification be fitted to a 2013 1.8 Hybrid Auris?

Robert,

You need to be more specific about the model you have - for Excels and Icons CC is either standard or a Toyota-recognised option I believe. More generally, the first thing to check would be to see if there's the spare 'female' port behind the steering wheel 'boss' as described earlier in this thread. If there is then it appears, again from earlier posts, that it can be a matter of fitting the cable & control switch & just seeing if it works on the car in question - I don't recall reading of any other way of checking.

To see if it works, instead of buying the kit and trying, if you have the female connectors behind the wheel, try shorting the top 2 together and see if the cruise light comes on, (ignition will need to be on) it's what I did to check before I made my own cc kit.