Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise Control Installation Instructions

Speed_Chaser

i went to toyota with the part number and got the kit for £100 pluged in no prbs works fine on a 2.0 d4d

Been to toyota for 1st service and was told that they dont fit cruise control on auris 2013 sports model. Not unless you have an excel version which comes as standard. Im quite sure it can be fitted,coz looking at the dashboard you can see cc there amd theres a slot beside the steering for the stalk. Anyway i cant seem to find the parts needed now to try and fit it myself. But will this invalidate my warranty?

You can just plug it off when complaining about something to Toyota, just to make sure your warranty will remain valid :)

Thanks, will try it, but first things first need to look for the parts first. Any idea where?

Need to try eBay, Google and also ask Parts-King on this forum for recommendations. I believe official dealers do not sell these anymore. Also maybe someone else on this forum knows where to get the original parts from?

• 1 month later...

Toyota dealers can supply the parts and if you sweet talk them they will fit the kit. It worked for me. 1/3 the price of after market kits.

You can just plug it off when complaining about something to Toyota, just to make sure your warranty will remain valid :)

They will, of course, be able to see the hole you had to cut in the steering wheel surround...

But if you can get your dealer to supply it chances are they'll be ok, I would have thought (as long as you can show you installed it correctly, i.e. show it working before you go in with a massive electrical fault ;) )

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Chaps,

I'm new here,as I have just brought a 2010 T4 Hybrid a couple of weeks ago! So after reading all the report on cruise control I have taken the plunge. So my question is The steering cover

has no access hole to remove the bag! so how do I remove the airbag. Just isolate the 12 volts and unclip?

Hi Derek,

I bought the full kit from the Toyota dealer, he was happy to sell. There are 3 holes in the back of the steering wheel, one at the bottom an one each side. Push a chop stick in to all three and the air bag cover comes off. HOWEVER there is a small risk the air bag may go off so I had the Dealer to the fitting on the basis that he knows how. 1/2 hour labour was worth the peace of mind. It all works a treat. I noticed he disconnected the Battery before he started. Good luck.

Hi There,

Thanks for that...........Yes got a friendly garage to do the work using Photo' and instruction from the site, with words of wisdom "I hope" on the back! It's important with my Hybrid to have cruise

in that is easy to hold a steady engine speed therefore get the best fuel mileage. :flowers:

Hi All,

Now have a Auris Hybrid VVT T4 with cruise control, rear sensors with readout display. A happy chap. Next I think, central HD readout display with GPS and bluetooth interface ! Saving now

nice and clear instructions , fitted cruise on 2008 2 litre diesel no probs .

cheers guys .

Hello dear friends.

I am from Czech Republic and I own a Toyota Auris 1.4 of 2007.

My question is besides the official toyota is the parts easy to find on net?

How should I look out for them? (eBay maybe or Amazon)

Thank you

Ps. I found via the first pictures the following..

http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-84632%25252d34011.html?SearchText=84632-34011&CatId=0&initiative_id=SB_20140311085627&SortType=price_asc&filterCat=200000316,200000255,200004822&groupsort=1

Will they work?

Hi 123pame, They look exactly like the CC unit I bought from Thailand, for that price it has got to be worth trying, I paid £20 for mine inc delivery.

here is a pic of mine during fitting, looks the same to me, go for it!

post-58139-0-67773200-1394563144_thumb.j

Hi 123pame, They look exactly like the CC unit I bought from Thailand, for that price it has got to be worth trying, I paid £20 for mine inc delivery.

here is a pic of mine during fitting, looks the same to me, go for it!

Thank you :) I will and will for sure write back when it comes.. (Hopefully that it works.. but imo i will ask for help to install it :D :D :D)

Cheers.

Hello dear friends.

How should I look out for them? (Ebay maybe or Amazon)

Thank you

http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-84632%25252d34011.html?SearchText=84632-34011&CatId=0&initiative_id=SB_20140311085627&SortType=price_asc&filterCat=200000316,200000255,200004822&groupsort=1

Will they work?

Hi Dim and welcome to forum !

I'm afraid that CC is not working for both 1.4 petrol and diesel.

For 1.4 petrol you need an aftermarket CC kit with servo mechanism, something like this

http://www.thecruisecontrolstore.com/universal-rostra-cruise-control-kit-complete/

and for 1.4 diesel is possible to exist a CC electronic kit but I'm not 100% sure.

Hello dear friends.

How should I look out for them? (Ebay maybe or Amazon)

Thank you

Will they work?

Hi Dim and welcome to forum !

I'm afraid that CC is not working for both 1.4 petrol and diesel.

For 1.4 petrol you need an aftermarket CC kit with servo mechanism, something like this

http://www.thecruisecontrolstore.com/universal-rostra-cruise-control-kit-complete/

and for 1.4 diesel is possible to exist a CC electronic kit but I'm not 100% sure.

Omg.. Just bought it :\

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have an auris sr 1.6 08 plate. Would I be able to fit this?

• 3 weeks later...

hi, i have installed this cruise control on my 2010 toyota wish ZGE20 1.8l.

unfortunately it did not work..

i'm wondering the 2 wire that the seller attach separately with this cruise control.

i have been search for the cruise sign on the display but i couldn't find it..

could somebody attach the cruise control installation diagram here?

i believe my car's engine is quite similar to toyota corolla 2010 1.8l engine.

thanks..

• 2 weeks later...

Can u help me please.. I am looking for the TORX T30.

How many mm should it be? 100?

Can u help me please.. I am looking for the TORX T30.

How many mm should it be? 100?

Torx bits are available from Amazon

You torx the torx but can you walk the walk :lol:

Hmmm I have on local stores Torx t30 with 100mm 130mm 150mm..

what is the correct to order on local stores the screwdriver costs about 1.5pound

Hmmm I have on local stores Torx t30 with 100mm 130mm 150mm..

what is the correct to order on local stores the screwdriver costs about 1.5pound

Suggest that you discuss your requirements with the local store manager and get them to show you what is available

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links