Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise Control Installation Instructions

Speed_Chaser

Hi Guy's

thanks for the explanation.

Just installed my own cruise control in my 2009 1.6 Auris Automatic in south Africa in under 25 minutes and R 350,- ha ha, the dealer was charging me R 6000,-.

regards, Jaap

Just fitted to my 1.6 SR and works great, made a bit of a hash of cutting the hole in the cowl but the dust cover should rectify that.

• 1 month later...

Hi I'm new to these forums and I need a bita help reguarding a 2008 auris 2.0 d4d Sr and can I put cruise control in it ??

Many thanks cgmstone

Yes, I made my own cruise control using a wiring diagram provided earlier in this thread and it worked a treat. So the proper kit should work just fine

Ye you can put cruise control in if you go to Toyota and buy the 2 parts it's about £100 ... I fitted it to my 2.0

• Like 1

Hi

I have some cruise control kit it the original from toyota

Just £35 if interested my number 07592804084 ;)

Hi smudge can you just go to your Toyota dealer and buy the stalk and wire over the counter ?? Would you have the part numbers or do you need them ??

I kno this is off topic but does anyone best and cheapest place to buy a double din combo ( DVD Sat nav bluetooth etc ) to fit a 2008 auris ??

Ye I just went in and asked for the bits and they where like well here you go

Cheers smudge I will have to get to my dealer how did you work the side cowel ?? Did you get the rubber gromit ??

No but you can see where the little cut out should be ... I just used a dremel to cut the hole out and smooth it out .... You would never know that that's how it's been done

Cheers mate will be getting c/c next time I'm in dealers what's best and cheapest double din set up for autos ??

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I just happened across this forum although I've been reading lots of other pages for years without posting.

I have both a 2007 Prius T4 and a 2010 Auris 1.8 HSD T4 model, both imports fro UK. I have cruise control on the Prius but I am intrigued about the possibility of adding cruise control onto my Auris.

Is anyone aware of it being easily added with just the switch and cable to my version of the Auris??

Hi astrofluff

I hav been looking into adding c/c into my 2008 2.0 d4d auris and I have the cruise light on the dash and cut out on steering wheel but when talking to my Toyota dealer this week he said no way Were all auris wired for c/c and they don't even stock or have never stocked the c/c stalk or wire needed so I don't know weather to buy parts in case it doesn't work and am down £100 on parts I can't use or sell on ???

Well I fitted it to my 2.0 as I had light so just buy it and it will work the loom is there and if not just sell it on elsewhere people will buy it

That's great, thanks for the info. I'll look to purchase the stick and loom. Is there a way of testing it without having to drill the steering wheel cover? Can I leave it loose with the cover closed and do a test drive?!!

If you leave the airbag off you can test it otherwise the cable ain't long enough

• Like 1

I had a look at the dash for a cruise light. Is it a cruise symbol or the cruise word I should see? I can see a symbol but can't make it out!

Word dash ... Bottom left hand side

Use a bright led torch to see the symbols with the lights off at an angle

You would think I'd check the manual! :p In the manual, now that I have had a chance to look at it, for the Auris Hybrid it is the symbol and it is towards the top left of the dash (left of the Skiddy-car symbol). So like this:

3-cruisecontrol.png

• 1 month later...

How can I check if I can install cruise in my car? It's a 2011 auris 1.4 d4d. it does have a cruise symbol on the dash (but I can't see the CRUISE lettering)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links