Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise Control Installation Instructions

Speed_Chaser

Hi and thank you again for your advise,

I understand about the airbag and the best way to test the CC is when everything is back in place.

When you disconnect the Battery should you leave it for 30min before removing the Airbag, is this correct.

I will speak with my local Toyota deal regarding the parts, I agree I don't want to drill the hole,

Regarding the model, my states to be Zre151R there was a black label on the passenger side door sill, is this the correct place to look for the model.

Thanks

Ajk126

ZR is the engine block and E15 is the generation (Corolla E15 a.k.a. Auris) Here is a Wikipedia material you might find interesting, regardding Toyota's engine codes. As I said, back in 2008 1ZR-FE a.k.a. 1.6 vvt-i was the only 1.6 petrol engine available in the Auris, I assure you that this is the engine installed in your car and its ECU "knows" about CC, so you should't have any issues. Just make sure you have the CC plug behind the airbag. If it is there, then you'll be just fine.

Hi

I have some cruise control kit it the original from toyota

Just £35 if interested my number 07592804084 ;)

got it 2 more if anyone need it contact me ;)

I am sure anyone who can use Google and €bay would manage to find them at a third of this price... :crazy:

Thank you for the Wiki page, I will have a read to try and get a better understanding.

Just waiting on the parts to turn up so I can fit them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just wanted to update you on the switch installation on my Auris SR 2008,

The switch is installed and the Cruise text on the instrument panel lights ups when the ON/Off button is pressed, so far I have not tested it on the road but plan to do this later.

Thank you for all the advise that has been offered to me on this thread.

Cheers

AJK126

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have a 2008 auris Sr d4d and have bought c/c and just finished installing it and took the car for a run to test it when I get up to speed and push the on botton all that happens is the cruise light comes on in the dash the car does not stay at the speed and slows when I take my feet off the pedals am I being stupid and doing something wrong or does it not work on my car or could it be that the c/c stalk is faulty??

Thanks in advance for any solutions to this problem

Ciaran

The button only switches the CC on. In order to set the desired speed, you need to push the lever down. Pulling it towards you disangages it and pushing it up resets the CC to the previously set speed (unless you have turned it off)

Hi auris 1.6 vvt-I

so when I'm driving at say 50mph I switch it on then push the stalk down and car should stay at 50mph ?? Do I just push it down and let it go with my feet of pedals ??

Hi auris 1.6 vvt-I

so when I'm driving at say 50mph I switch it on then push the stalk down and car should stay at 50mph ?? Do I just push it down and let it go with my feet of pedals ??

Yes - turn it on, get up to speed, push the lever down, release pedal - CC is now maintainig 50 mph. Pull it towards you (or press the brake or clutch), it disengages and car starts to slow down. Push it up, without switching CC off and it will spped up to 50 again and maintain it, without the need to press the pedal and set CC again.

Cheers vvt-I I have just took it for another spin and tried it and it works great so it was just me being stupid lol typical lol

Thanks for your help as they say you should learn something new every day lol

I Just took it for another spin and it works great so it was just me being stupid lol

As they say you need to learn something new every day lol

Thanks for you help !!

I just tried it again and it works great just me being stupid lol

Thanks for your help

Is there and chance you know where I could get a gromit to cover the cut out where the stalk went through I have it well cut out but would like a gromit to cover it ??

BTW there is one more thing regarding the usage of CC. If you want to say overtake someone you can press throttle and car will speed up. After the overtake just release the pedal again and the speed will drop until the speed you have set it to will be reached, in case you didn't know.

Cover you can get from Parts-King on this forum by sending him a PM or from your local dealer.

Hi speed chaser

Yea I found that out been driving bout for half an hour trying it out lol any chance you have a picture of the correct gromit as I tried getting in touch with parts king and couldn't ??

Hi speed chaser

Yea I found that out been driving bout for half an hour trying it out lol any chance you have a picture of the correct gromit as I tried getting in touch with parts king and couldn't ??

Did you have a factory hole for a CC in the wheel or did you have to cut through it? Because if you had to drill/cut, you can't fit the factory grommet there - you need to put something up. If you had a factory hole, I have given the the part numbers of the grommet on the previous page. If you had to drill a hole, here is an idea of how a Bulgarian guy with RAV4 dealt with this issue:

img_stiffy_4s.jpg

FOVtwRW.jpg

I drilled a 25mm hole in mine and used a 32mm blanking grommet to cover it up,

I cut the insides out and glued it on, looks neater. I will try and upload a picture.

I have done something similar ajk126 just have to glue it on will try an get a picture up when I get sorted

If the hole is not bigger than the spot marked on the steering column cover you can make it factory size and then order original grommit. Please take a look at Parts-King's profile here and you can send him PM from that page.

Original one looks like this:

223289.jpg

I have tried to pm parts king I tried yesterday and today and also before that and can never get a reply is there anywhere such as eBay that I could order one ??

Maybe he's on holidays, be patient. You can search eBay and other marketplaces using part number. Or visit your local dealer.

Cheers speed chaser you wouldn't happen to have a part number for that gromit by any chance ??

Cheers speed chaser you wouldn't happen to have a part number for that gromit by any chance ??

Did you even read my post or the one on the previous page that I was referring to...?

...I have given the the part numbers of the grommet on the previous page....

Actually, it's not on the previous anymore, but on the one before that.

Vvt-I that I have seen your part number but they are different gromits to the picture that speed chaser has put up