Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise Control Installation Instructions

Speed_Chaser

That's because the one in his picture is just illustrative and not the exact fit. I have given the part number for Auris/Corolla.

Part 45186-12010-B0 (COVER, STEERING WHEEL, LOWER NO.2) And here is an eBay auction for it.

I have the correct one ordered from my Toyota dealer thanks for your help £3.88 from dealer so it will cost more to drive and pick it up lol

I bought one using the part no from my local Toyota dealer, it was about £4.50 ish but it was too big for the cut out mark I had on the steering column to so I ended up making a round hole and using a blanking grommet.

I have to pick it up Saturday so il keep everyone updated either il make it work or il go mad lol

I tried to find it but can't if I disconnect the Battery terminal on my auris and leave for half an hour the disconnect the airbag wire and then replace the wire before I put the terminal back on should I be ok for error messages and everything or should I need to know anything ??

just to say I have fitted the c/c cover that I got from my Toyota dealer and have added a few pictures of the finished product and also the part number incase anyone wants to order it through their Toyota dealer as without the part number it is near impossible to order from toyota

But anyone planing on doing it you need plenty of patiences a good sharp craft knife an a tube of super glue just in case and a bit of time

post-146679-0-52811000-1442155308_thumb.

post-146679-0-99154000-1442155334_thumb.

post-146679-0-99539000-1442155363_thumb.

post-146679-0-75406600-1442155404_thumb.

• Like 2

I have installed one on the 2013 Hybrid Auris. It works as it should.

It looks very similar to the blank I have. I do not have the correct cover yet.

Hi Phil_l

Just to let you know that the cover which comes from toyota is not the same size as the cut out marked on the steering wheel cowl but a bit bigger so what I done was start of with a small hole inside the lines marked in the cowl and just whittle away bit by bit and keep trying the cover until your happy with the fit hope this helps !!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have an Auris model 2014 1.6L and i tried to fit the cruise control stick but is not activated at all. Any clue why is not working?

I tried the cruise control stick on the car who has that installed from factory and it worked.

The local dealer of Toyota told me is not possible. In service mode linked to the Toyota software the cruise look active in the menu. So any ideas about it?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I installed CC in my SR D4D using a little kit on eBay for £13:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361358655097?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Works great, didn't have the factory hole on the steering wheel but I used a hole saw and a rubber grommet rather than messing around trying to get the right fitting plate etc. Though this meant actually installing the stalk from inside the steering wheel outward instead of the other way around like it should have been, but it was fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I' m a new member and i' d like to ask some questions.

1st: I have Auris 1.33 with NRE150L-AHFNKW engine on my car. Also, i dont have CRUISE indicator on my gauge, so i 'd like to ask u if cruise control will work on my car. I think it may work but i couldn't see CRUISE indicator lights up.

2st: I want to install Phillips DRL Daytime 9 on my car, but according to European Law i have to install with 60 cm between them. On Auris there is no such a distance. Please tell me your opinion.

3st: I want to install led in door handles inside car, but how i pass harness from handle to door and fuse box to take power and where i have to ground?

Thank you for answers!!

Hello,

I' m a new member and i' d like to ask some questions.

1st: I have Auris 1.33 with NRE150L-AHFNKW engine in my car. Also, i dont have CRUISE indicator on my gauge, so i 'd like to ask u if cruise control will work on my car. I think it may work but i couldn't see CRUISE indicator lights up.

1.33 petrol and 1.4 diesel needs external box for cc to work. They don't have cc in the engine ecu, so adding the stalk wont' be enough. I have Elpas e-cruise on my 1.4 diesel. It has the oem stalk and works just like the oem would. It's a bit pricey, something like 600€. Luckily this car had it already when I bought this.

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Newbie here seeking help with my Auris 2006 1.8L petrol model. This is a fresh import to NZ from Japan. I would like to fit cruise control and i couldn't find cruise control indicator in my car's Display. My engine model says 2ZR-FE and chasis says ZRE152.

Can anyone please tell me if this can be fitted with stalk cruise control.

Thanks in advance.

Ajith

As far as I'm aware European Auris don't use this version of the ZR series engine. Although European Auris can be fitted with cruise control, think it may depend whether the ECU in the Japanese market Auris is similar to European versions.

As far as I'm aware European Auris don't use this version of the ZR series engine. Although European Auris can be fitted with cruise control, think it may depend whether the ECU in the Japanese market Auris is similar to European versions.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your quick reply...

would you please tell me how to check if my car's ECU has cruise control function built in?

Thanks

Ajith

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

I have a toyota auris 2013 and I woud like to install cruise control on it.

1) The information on tis blog is very usefull and will help me with my install but im not sure that I have the right remonte handle. Is there any diffrence?

2) i have a toyota auris from 2013 with a 1.3 vvti petrol engine. does the kit works with only the handle remote or have i need some module from my ECU or something?

I have ordered this one. I hope its the correct remote handle....

Promotion Free Shipping Cruise Control Switch for Toyota Camry Corolla Matrix Tundra Lexus RAV4 Yaris 84632-34011,84632-34017
http://s.aliexpress.com/IrABze6n
(from AliExpress Android)

my excuses for my english. i hope everybody will understand :p

.Screenshot_2016-01-31-11-21-50.png

Screenshot_2016-01-31-11-21-43.png

Screenshot_2016-01-31-11-21-38.png

Screenshot_2016-01-31-11-21-28.png

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, and thanks a lot for all the input. Following this input, I decided to get a CC switch and tried to install it today. (2004 Avensis 2.0 D4D estate)

Well, for there's 2 news. The good one is that I have cruise control in the ECU. The bad is that the switch won't fit.

I ordered it from a dismantled 2005 Avensis, and as far as I know, the cars should be the same. The facelift was '06 or '07. (never saw  the donor tho)

I dismantled the steering wheel, and tried to fit the switch, but I don't have the 3 places where the screws are supposed to keep the habndle in place. I coupled the connectors together, and with the wheel dismantled I turned the engine on, and when I press the CC switch, there's a green "CRUISE" light that turns on. But how do I attach this switch to my steering wheel?

AVE CC.jpg

Just got my CC from Aliexpress.

the problem i can't figure out how to connect the wiring.

in my Toyota Auris 2013 i have 3 wires,

black, purple, orange 

and the CC from Aliexpress has only 2

If someone knows how to connect it i will be great! 

Thanks

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

***Edit

manage to figure it up.

Now the light of CC light up,

but after I take my foot off the brake paddle im getting an error message 

"Check the CC system "

that mean maybe that I don't have the cc ECU installed to my car?

thank you all...

Edit2

Just connect my Techstreem

and got P0571 error - break switch A circuit.

can any one help?

thanks

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Arikk

• 1 month later...

i have a toyota corolla altis 2015 1.6 

Market General Year06/2014 MakeTOYOTA Model ALTIS / COROLLA Frame ZRE171

Model code
ZRE171L-GEPNKV

ECU part  number : 89661-0ZE60

I tried to add cruise control switch to non pre-wired Toyota corolla 2015 . But i did a mistake in wiring install , i got an error on the instrument panel on the screen " error cruise control " with a warning sound !. So i disconnected it , then when i tried again i got nothing even that error doesn't appears again and its not working. So i decided to check switch , wiring , ECU according to the diagram provided from Toyota repair manual . 
The switch is working good due to multi-meter readings . 
I found later the problem is in the ECU , the pin number 40 in ECU has no volt or ampere . Even the continuity check is 0 , other pins working good reading 11 volt , So There is an problem in the ECU 

briefly: 

i tried to check the pin number 40 in ECU and it gives 0 VOLT and 0 AMPERE  and the continuity test is failed that's means the circuit in ECU is disconnected . Can any one help , any advice ?

switch test video

ECU test video "pin 40"

I quess this is the answer to your question 

For me as my car is still in warranty i think i have to do it at toyota shop if they agree :)

Hi Folks!

I have an Auris 2007 and engine is Dual VVT-i 1.6 Petrol (1ZR-FE). Is anybody installed this cruise control on that type of Auris? Is it working? Second questions is, if it´s working, where I can get the needed equipment? 

Thanks in advance

Br, Tero