Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise Control Installation Instructions

Speed_Chaser

Hi, can anyone point me to the part number for a replacement cover for the cruise control stalk where it passes through the steering wheel cowl? I’ve ordered a cruise control stalk but don’t want to drill the existing cover. It’s for a 2018 hybrid. Thanks. 

For the 2013-2015 model it is his one below, but the C1 denotes trim colour/shade apparently.  Could your shade be different to mine?

I wouldn't expect the shape of the part to be different for 2015-2018.

P1060994.JPG

That’s great, thanks very much. Mine is grey interior but I’ll pop to Toyota and order the part so it should be right!

All fitted and working perfectly. Just to confirm that cruise control stalk part number 84632-34011 works perfectly on a 2018 Auris HSD Tourer. 

• 2 weeks later...
Would there be any picture of the ECU connector where the CC wire comes from. Auris HSD Touring Sport 2014 (non wiring, I thing).

Sorry for my english

24 minutes ago, Akkis said:
Would there be any picture of the ECU connector where the CC wire comes from. Auris HSD Touring Sport 2014

Do you need to update your profile? Profile showing Rav4 and post re Auris Touring Sport.

I have fitted this to a similar age of Auris (2013) and the all the wiring was already present, apart from a short 13cm piece of cable that fits between the cruise control switch and the steering wheel connector.  But this cable normally comes included with the cruise control switch - but not when you buy from a a Toyota dealer.

Is there any reason why you think you will need to connect a wire to the ECU for your car?

49 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Do you need to update your profile? Profile showing Rav4 and post re Auris Touring Sport.

Auris is the wife's car.

2 minutes ago, Akkis said:
Auris is the wife's car.

Profile edited

46 minutes ago, Gerg said:

I have fitted this to a similar age of Auris (2013) and the all the wiring was already present, apart from a short 13cm piece of cable that fits between the cruise control switch and the steering wheel connector.  But this cable normally comes included with the cruise control switch - but not when you buy from a a Toyota dealer.

Is there any reason why you think you will need to connect a wire to the ECU for your car?

I have tested two different switches. Neither works. The car is from Holland...

1 minute ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Profile edited

Thank You!

25 minutes ago, Akkis said:

I have tested two different switches. Neither works.

Ah, OK, that sounds like a particularly good reason to want an ECU picture.  I wish I could help you.

Hello, 

I want to install the cruise control in Toyota Fortuner 2010 model. There is no pre-wiring for cruise control. Please advise how I connect cruise with ECU? What should be the pin number and connector number?

Thanks

19 minutes ago, Fahad_2825 said:

I want to install the cruise control in Toyota Fortuner 2010 model. There is no pre-wiring for cruise control. Please advise how I connect cruise with ECU? What should be the pin number and connector number?

Toyota Owners Club is a UK based club, and has membership largely from the UK and Europe.

The Fortuner, despite being based on the Hilux, has never officially been sold in the UK or Europe, so the majority of our membership isn't familiar with this model.

2 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Toyota Owners Club is a UK based club, and has membership largely from the UK and Europe.

The Fortuner, despite being based on the Hilux, has never officially been sold in the UK or Europe, so the majority of our membership isn't familiar with this model.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am looking for this from any source that can share ECU connector and pin details. If you can do this help I really appreciate.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

First of all I apologize for mistakes, English is not my language, I am from Romania.

Own a hybrid Toyota Auris, manufactured at the end of 2012 and finally yesterday I managed to make the cruise control function.

I will write here what it is about because I did not find the complete answer here.

After installing the cruise control command, the damage occurred p0571.

in my case I was missing a wire between the brake pedal switch and the ECM.

the ECU plug is A130, the pin 7 that connects to the A124(switch pedal) plug, pin 5.

I hope it is clear and useful,all the best!

RHD.png

A 124.png

A130.png

LHD.png

• Like 1

Hi All

I haven't been here for a long time. I had to sell my Auris due to financial difficulty and now I'm back on my feet I'm buying a new one of the same age mine would have been. (I miss that car so much). This is the new car

The only feature this doesn't have which mine had is the Cruise Control.

is there any way to tell if this car (before I commit to buying) will allow me to install it by just getting one of these?

I can't believe how easy it is to find this part or how cheap it is and how easy it is to install.

For anyone in the UK who wants a link to the part, here it is https://amzn.to/2Fgq2KZ

I have fitted cruise control to exactly the same car, but 6 months older.  There were no problems.  Just so you know, the airbag can be very stiff/fiddly to remove due to the design of the locking clip - the clips don't have a very positive detent when attempting to remove the airbag.  It just takes you longer than it ought to.  There is a Toyota part number for the new section of trim that the control sticks out through, it's a bit further up this page if you've missed it.

28 minutes ago, Gerg said:

I have fitted cruise control to exactly the same car, but 6 months older.  There were no problems.  Just so you know, the airbag can be very stiff/fiddly to remove due to the design of the locking clip - the clips don't have a very positive detent when attempting to remove  the airbag.  It just takes you longer than it ought to.  There is a Toyota part number for the new section of trim that the control sticks out through, it's a bit further up this page if you've missed it.

Thanks for the heads up and confirmation, I'll check a video online of the removal process so I can understand it. I saw that part higher up as I scanned most pages in this thread! I'm not sure where that fits. I assume it fits where there is currently a blanking plate on the steering column. but I've also read that only some cars have this blanking plate, some do not have it at all...

Any clarity on that?

Edit: Oh, It's this simple!

Your car will definitely have the blanking plate.. You can drill this yourself to suit the CC,  but the factory part has a flexible rubber/plastic to finish off the hole.  It's about £6 iirc.

The spring you are trying to operate to remove the airbag is basically 'U' shaped.  The difficulty comes from you pressing the spring half way up the side of the 'U' to detach the wire from an alloy overhang that is near the end of the 'U' clip - the leverage is all wrong.  It is hard to get enough movement on the clip and you start wondering if you are pressing the right piece.  I doubt it will come off anything like as easily as the Yaris in your video.

As that video suggests, it becomes clearer if you remove the blanking plate (which you will not be re-using because you've bought the new, different part?) so you can see inside a bit more as to how the clip operates..

When you remove the blanking plate from the outside (as opposed to pushing it out from the inside if the airbag was already off) you will probably bend its securing tangs more than is ideal, but they won't actually break off.

You can see the (squared- off) U clip around the edge in this picture.  This is shown upside-down from how it sits on the steering wheel.  Once when I was removing it I used a clean tent peg as it was the right size to go through the access hole in the steering wheel.  A narrow flat-blade screwdriver works almost as well.  You might end up pushing the spring clip quite hard, it's a bit disconcerting.  And there is a completely different style of clip (so, a 3rd one) near the bottom of the air bag, this is just a plastic dowel with a bulbous head that has been pushed into a slightly undersized hole.  This just pulls out.

There is no real need to disconnect the airbag from its loom, as long as you are happy to delicately park it on top of the steering wheel.

P1130450.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

this is for Akkis,

im my case red wiring(from swich stop to ECU) missing.

2019-07-03_143846.png

Hello, i have got a Toyota Auris 2014 hybrid 1.8 benzine. I have got thé retro fit cruise control fitted, but it wont work is it possible der a cables missing from thé steering colum to thé bcm?

Regards David 

Justy wantedto say thank you all

£7.99 and 20 minutes later, i just added cruise control to my car

Hello, I have a 2007 Auris 1.6 petrol and I would like to install the CC. Searching on eBay after the parts no mentioned on page 1 (8463234011) shows many results, but when I use the ”compability function” none of them seem to fit my 1.6.

Could anybody please link me a fitting one? (I live in Sweden btw so one with low shipping cost please).

Thanks!

nm