Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise Control Installation Instructions

Speed_Chaser

• 4 weeks later...

On 6/14/2019 at 7:06 AM, Andronachescu Liviu said:

Hello,

First of all I apologize for mistakes, English is not my language, I am from Romania.

Own a hybrid Toyota Auris, manufactured at the end of 2012 and finally yesterday I managed to make the cruise control function.

I will write here what it is about because I did not find the complete answer here.

After installing the cruise control command, the damage occurred p0571.

in my case I was missing a wire between the brake pedal switch and the ECM.

the ECU plug is A130, the pin 7 that connects to the A124(switch pedal) plug, pin 5.

I hope it is clear and useful,all the best!

RHD.png

A 124.png

A130.png

LHD.png

I misunderstood the right location of A124 and A130 in the vehicle, can you please show real pictures or explain better?

Left wheel car

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2020 at 6:08 PM, Lee_johnson1975 said:

I had mine done to my 2008 auris other day. Part £11.50 eBay, auto electrician £20. Cheap upgrade all works to my 1.6 petrol 😀

I have 2008 Auris, and I want to add the CC would you please help me in the parts and where did you get them from?

Hi all, 

I have checked this link and it's not showing Toyota Auris, is there other name for it in EU even when I checked Amazon it doesn't find a match to my Auris 1.6, this message appears

We cannot find any "cruise control" for your Toyota Auris Hatchback 1.6.

https://www.thecruisecontrolstore.com/toyota-scion/

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, what if I don’t have the word CRUISE on the display, but I have other indicators  for cruise. I’ll attach the photo. Can I add Cruise control to my car If I have this sign on dashboard?

1DF5F084-5A95-4B61-9569-662C5E09DEFE.jpeg

• 1 month later...

The Cruise word should be on the top left of your dash. The one from your picture is on the lower right... I think. I'll post a picture soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, I've looked through this forum but I can't find the part numbers for a cruise control unit & wire and a steering wheel cover for a 2014 Auris. Could somebody please assist? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 11:03 PM, Alienman said:

Hi guys, I've looked through this forum but I can't find the part numbers for a cruise control unit & wire and a steering wheel cover for a 2014 Auris. Could somebody please assist? 

Hey guys, for anyone interested here are the part numbers you can buy from any Toyota dealer:

84633-48020 - cruise control wire 

84632-34011 - cruise control unit

90159-50199 (2 pieces) - 2x Phillips screws 

45186-02210-C0 - Cruise control steering wheel cover

This was for a 1.6 petrol 2014 Auris. 

Only difficult part of the installation was the removal of the steering wheel air bag. After removing the metal wire which was spring loaded via the 3 holes, the top part of the air bag unit did not detach. I ended up having to use brute force to remove the top part as it was firmly stuck due to the plastic clips not releasing.

Hope this helps!!! 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2015 at 10:45 AM, astrofluff said:

Hi Berisford,

Definitely worth it! The cruise is very smooth on the 1.8L CVT Hybrid on my Auris. I even did an 'accelerate to overtake' with cruise speed set on an incline, and it dropped back comfortably to the set speed. As it was dropping back to the set speed it gently eased back in.

I also have a 2006 1.5L Prius T4 which came with cruise as standard - this is the older engine/electric motor though. Comparing the two cars, the 1.8L Auris is much more powerful (obviously) and even under cruise control, the Auris really seems more substantial and controlled. The older Prius does a great job with cruise but the Auris 1.8L does it much better, and maybe that's the later generation engine/electric motor too. Perhaps when you drop back to the smaller engine size of the 1.3L Yaris, it loses that refinement as the engine has to try harder?!

any idea where the install instrcutions are? the ones on the thread don't seem open the images?

• 7 months later...

Hello all.

I want to ask you.

I own a TOYOTA Auris Hatchback (E15) 1.4 (ZZE150_)

Will Cruise Control work in my car?

Thank you very much.

Hi, unfortunately no...

If you realy want to have cc, you have to fit an universal one with actuator.

7 hours ago, Dimitris L. said:

Hello all.

I want to ask you.

I own a TOYOTA Auris Hatchback (E15) 1.4 (ZZE150_)

Will Cruise Control work in my car?

Thank you very much.

It depends on the ECU you can check for the CC function with techstream - if so, It's fairly straight forward - if you have audio controls on the wheel you will not have to swap the clockspring

47 minutes ago, tavy said:

Hi, unfortunately no...

If you realy want to have cc, you have to fit an universal one with actuator.

you can fit an aftermarket system, you only need an actuator with a manual throttle or carb

• 6 months later...

Hello lads,

I have the same question, is the CC will work to my car? I have an Auris 2007 1.6 with the engine no starts with 3ZZ.

My steering wheel doesn't have any holes to release the airbag, but has just two covers that I took them out but I don't know what to press to release the airbag.

Any help/assist will be much appreciated. I am planning a trip to Scotland in couple of weeks and I would like a relaxed journey.

Thank you in advance.

• 5 months later...

Dear All

I'm owner of Toyota Auris 1.4.4d   12/2014 , please is my car pre-wired for CC or not ? , How can I check it .

Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...

Hi Auris lovers. I got a JDM 2007 Toyota Auris 1.5L 1NZ-FE petrol engine (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_NZ_engine#1NZ-FE), CVT gearbox, keyless entry & engine start. Do you know if anyone with a similar car managed to retrofit the cruise control? Thanks. 

• 1 month later...

hello, i've just bought and installed a CC stalk in my auris (1,6 from 2007). but i cannot turn it on. nothing is happening when i press the buttons..

it is a manual, and i've heard that it could have something to do with the "clutch switch"? is that a thing i need to install together with the CC stalk? 

and if so, how can i do this?

I've found this online, but i'm not sure if i need this, or if it will fix the problem even:

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/facet/7157933

anyone got any ideas?

Hello everyone, I own 2017 Auris 1.6 Active with volume and channel control buttons on the steering wheel. There’s no cc by default in this car, so I wanted to add such functionality. I installed the stalk, connected it but it seem not to work. When I click the button nothing happens. Did I order malfunctioning part or it’s simply not possible in this car?

On 2/22/2023 at 10:34 AM, rottefar said:

hello, i've just bought and installed a CC stalk in my auris (1,6 from 2007). but i cannot turn it on. nothing is happening when i press the buttons..

it is a manual, and i've heard that it could have something to do with the "clutch switch"? is that a thing i need to install together with the CC stalk? 

and if so, how can i do this?

I've found this online, but i'm not sure if i need this, or if it will fix the problem even:

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/facet/7157933

anyone got any ideas?

found out what the issue was.. the cruise control stock i bought second hand was faulty, and when i installed a brand new one from eBay. everything worked without any problems

• 1 month later...

Hello I have a toyota auris 2009 with 1.6L petrol engine and its a 5 speed manual. 

I installed the cruise control leaver and when I press the on/off the green cruise light comes on but unfortunately it does not keep the speed and when I press brake or something the light stays on. 

Any ideas? 

• 8 months later...

@Ameerkr if I understood right, you have installed CC however it does not work. You can identify your engine from VIN number and decode it using this site https://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q?vin=

To all of you wondering if CC works with your Auris. To my knowledge, based on toyta-tech.eu wiring diagrams of CC, it will not work with 1ND-TV engines.
For me, it is quite reasonable to install CC to "stronger" then 1.4 engines only. 

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have auris 2010 facelift europe market with 1.4 d4d 6 speed manual.

Is there possibility to install cruise control?

Does anyone have experience?

• 1 month later...

I own a 2005 Corolla with the 3ZZ-FE 1.6L engine.

I have the text "CRUISE" on my dashboard.

Does this mean i can install cruise control using the things from the tutorial?

Ah, i just checked, i cant have cruise control if i have this interface right? Not without doing some complicated voodoo re-wiring, i assume...

IMG_20240304_134710.jpg

EDIT: I think i solved it, apparently you just need to remove the white connector at the end of your cruise control unit and insert the two cables like shown in the red circle.

65946_39220_add_4.jpg

Scratch that, not working at all, the light turns on but i probable need to do something else as well... Im reading all kinds of stuff about clutch switches and bypasses...