Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise Control Installation Instructions

Speed_Chaser

I made the drill but i don't like it(optically),and i decide to install the steering wheel with the plastic lid.

Is someone know the serial number???

Is it easy?

Thanks a lot..!!!

45186-12010-B0

1600 euro . Does anyone know if i can install it on 1.8 Avensis '08? The code engine is 1ZZ . thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

We, from the Netherlands, have an 03-2008 Auris 1.4 D-4D (manual) and when we bought this baby last year the T-dealer told us that the original CC was not possible for for this specific model.

So we bought an aftermarket CC and asked the T-dealer to install this for us prior to the delivery of the new car.

But...

I hate this thing... The respons is terrible. It lags etc...

So when I saw this topic I thought, piece of cake. :P

After to find out that the hole everybody is talking about is not there (see pic)

cnhvq.jpg

I also can't find the "cruise" light. Will try it later tonight with some extra light.

So the question is if I can use the original parts to install CC.

Anyone who can help us ???

Hi all

We, from the Netherlands, have an 03-2008 Auris 1.4 D-4D (manual) and when we bought this baby last year the T-dealer told us that the original CC was not possible for for this specific model.

So we bought an aftermarket CC and asked the T-dealer to install this for us prior to the delivery of the new car.

But...

I hate this thing... The respons is terrible. It lags etc...

So when I saw this topic I thought, piece of cake. :P

After to find out that the hole everybody is talking about is not there (see pic)

cnhvq.jpg

I also can't find the "cruise" light. Will try it later tonight with some extra light.

So the question is if I can use the original parts to install CC.

Anyone who can help us ???

Hello Pong38, and welcome on TOC!

I'm not sure that I did understand you 100% correctly, but if you'll have any questions after reading my answer don't hesitate to ask!

This is what I understand: You have some aftermarket CruiseControl, and you want to install it but you can't find any place where to make the hole for the switch and you can't also find the CRUISE light from your dashboard. What I did not understand is what was the question about using original parts to install CC, if you have some other CruiseControl than the one from Toyota dealer?

But I will give you an answer about the light and the hole: You will be able to see the light when the weather is sunny and the sun is shinign from the back of the car. Also with some flashlight I think!

I marked on your picture the line from where to cut...

hole.jpg

Best regards, Alex

Hi Alex

Thanks for your time.

Let me try to clear it up for you.

When I ordered my Auris last March 2008 I wanted to have the CC as well.

The salesrep told me that for that model (the 1.4 D-4D manuel gearbox) CC was NOT an available as an official option.

So I checked internet and found an aftermarket CC and after consulting the tech guys @ T I bought the aftermarket CC and asked the tech guys to install this for me... They did ;) (will up a photo later)

But... I don't like this aftermarket CC because it tends to react quit slow on commands etc so, after reading this topic, I'd like to remove it and install the original T CC.

The question was... is that possible ?

You already replied that it is probably possible.

But I guess there is some serious drilling to be done :(

Is there a kind of template for this or is it a walk in the park ?

I will go out now to check the motor number etc...

And the answer to this question is NO, it's not possible! If you drill the hole in your steering wheel, you'll end up with no CC and a big hole!

Hi Alex

Thanks for your time.

Let me try to clear it up for you.

When I ordered my Auris last March 2008 I wanted to have the CC as well.

The salesrep told me that for that model (the 1.4 D-4D manuel gearbox) CC was NOT an available as an official option.

So I checked internet and found an aftermarket CC and after consulting the tech guys @ T I bought the aftermarket CC and asked the tech guys to install this for me... They did ;) (will up a photo later)

But... I don't like this aftermarket CC because it tends to react quit slow on commands etc so, after reading this topic, I'd like to remove it and install the original T CC.

You already replied that it is probably possible.

But I guess there is some serious drilling to be done :(

Is there a kind of template for this or is it a walk in the park ?

I will go out now to check the motor number etc...

Don't know about engine/car model issues much, but if Auris 1.6 says that it's not possible then I think it's not. I think you hsould ask from your technician friends why isn't the installation possible, is it some technical issue, or fitting issue? Iallready gave you instructions where to drill, how to look for the light etc... Now you just have to be sure will the CC work or no, and Toyota would be the best place to ask, just to be sure!

Best regards, Alex

Having the Cruise light would prove nothing. As a matter of fact it WILL be there - they are not going to make two separate dash boards or clocks, so the Cruise light will be there but the CC is ONLY available in 1.6 vvt-i and 2.0 D-4D engines (according to the Toyota website in my country). Don't know why - maybe the CC module is just not installed with the other engines.

Regards,

Svet

Having the Cruise light would prove nothing. As a matter of fact it WILL be there - they are not going to make two separate dash boards or clocks, so the Cruise light will be there but the CC is ONLY available in 1.6 vvt-i and 2.0 D-4D engines (according to the Toyota website in my country). Don't know why - maybe the CC module is just not installed with the other engines.

Regards,

Svet

About the light, I can agree. Checking the light is only what I've read on Auris Club Russia, that's why I did write about it... I was sceptical about the engine as the only thing I know is that with manual transmission CC doesn't work correctly, it stops working and has to be set again after pressing the clutch or something like that. That's why I recommended to ask from Toyota, as I didn't know what did they mean, this clutch problem or some bigger problem because of which the Cruise won't be working at all...

Best regards, Alex

About the light, I can agree. Checking the light is only what I've read on Auris Club Russia, that's why I did write about it... I was sceptical about the engine as the only thing I know is that with manual transmission CC doesn't work correctly, it stops working and has to be set again after pressing the clutch or something like that. That's why I recommended to ask from Toyota, as I didn't know what did they mean, this clutch problem or some bigger problem because of which the Cruise won't be working at all...

Best regards, Alex

This actually is not an issue - it's the way a CC works on a MT. I've driven a Seat Alhambra 7 with a factory installed CC and a 6-gear MT and it was just like that - you set the CC, but once you clutch or brake, it's turned off. I'm not sure if it was turning off when flooring it as well, but 100% positive about clutch and brakes! ;)

Regards,

Svet

Thanks for the addition info guys.

I've checked the motor number and it's an 1ND-TV.

Checked the dashlights... and I have 2 CC lights.

Check 5 o'clock @ 240 km

http://s5.tinypic.com/2qlgaqb.jpg

and

http://s5.tinypic.com/xghzsy.jpg

Thanks also "Auris 1.6 vvt-i" for your additional comments but from the first reports in this topic I believe it seems to work with an 1ND-TV engine.

But I agree with you. There is no garantee that the CC module is installed.

Is there a way to check this ?

Ps

The clutch pedal issue...

I also have an Opel Astra diesel with factory CC and when I touch the clutch pedal it swithes off the CC.

Works as designed. :D

Best regards, Alex

This actually is not an issue - it's the way a CC works on a MT. I've driven a Seat Alhambra 7 with a factory installed CC and a 6-gear MT and it was just like that - you set the CC, but once you clutch or brake, it's turned off. I'm not sure if it was turning off when flooring it as well, but 100% positive about clutch and brakes! ;)

Regards,

Svet

Maybe I did remeber something wrong. But i DO remember it was something with clutch and CC turning off :unsure::lol: :lol:

Best regards, Alex

Thanks for the addition info guys.

I've checked the motor number and it's an 1ND-TV.

Checked the dashlights... and I have 2 CC lights.

Check 5 o'clock @ 240 km

http://s5.tinypic.com/2qlgaqb.jpg

and

http://s5.tinypic.com/xghzsy.jpg

Thanks also "Auris 1.6 vvt-i" for your additional comments but from the first reports in this topic I believe it seems to work with an 1ND-TV engine.

But I agree with you. There is no garantee that the CC module is installed.

Is there a way to check this ?

Ps

The clutch pedal issue...

I also have an Opel Astra diesel with factory CC and when I touch the clutch pedal it swithes off the CC.

Works as designed. :D

Ask Toyota to be 100% sure about the module... The picture of "speedo" on the first pic (on 5 o'clock @ 240 km) isn't actually cruise. It's the speed limiter. When you press the button on the right side of your wheel (if you have it) which has same logo as that on 5 o'clock @ 240 km picture it will turn on, but you will have to press throttle for the car to move. But even if you'll floor the pedal your car won't be moving faster than the speed which you set up. Another one, with text CRUISE is a CC light :)

Best regards, Alex

Ask Toyota to be 100% sure about the module... The picture of "speedo" on the first pic (on 5 o'clock @ 240 km) isn't actually cruise. It's the speed limiter. When you press the button on the right side of your wheel (if you have it) which has same logo as that on 5 o'clock @ 240 km picture it will turn on, but you will have to press throttle for the car to move. But even if you'll floor the pedal your car won't be moving faster than the speed which you set up. Another one, with text CRUISE is a CC light :)

Best regards, Alex

Best regards, Alex

Shoot, you are right Alex...

Thanks !

Hello from me too!!

I own an 1ND-TV 1.4 Turbo-Diesel Auris. Here in Greece the available options for the Auris models when I bought it a year ago were 3:Casual, Trendy and Premium. Although the 1.4 and 1.6 petrol engines were available with all the 3 above equipment packges mine was only available with the Trendy option.

Now cruise control was as an option with the Premium package.

Looking on my steering column it is like the pic below:

cnhvq.jpg

So I think that in order to fit the CC option I will have to drill a hole or to order another plastic trim for the column having the hole ready with the plastic cover that it has already mentioned.

My guess is that it can be fitted in the 1.4 1ND-TV Diesel engine

Hello to you too, Kingdragon!

I hope it can be fitted on your engine, but cannot say for sure...

You should ask about it from your Toyota dealer!

And don't drill the hole, use something hot to burn it through,

I suggest to consider using soldering iron...

Best regards, Alex

Thanks alexc.

I'll ask to see what I do with it.

I'll let you know!! ;)

Thanks alexc.

I'll ask to see what I do with it.

I'll let you know!! ;)

Hi Kingdragon, when you have news can you share with us? I'm from Portugal, here we have these versions:

Auris

Luna

Sol

Mine is Sol, the 1.33 VVT-I and 1.4 D-4D do not have cruise control installed, neither the hole to install the cruise control on the wheel. 1.6 VVT-I and 2.0 D-4D already have cruise control installed, in the same version.

On mine (1.4 D-4D), like yours, I'd love to install cruise control, because I make several trips with many miles, and that would really ease my right leg!!

Wait for news from you! Thank you!

On mine (1.4 D-4D), like yours, I'd love to install cruise control, because I make several trips with many miles, and that would really ease my right leg!!

Wait for news from you! Thank you!

I just ordered the parts for installing cruise control on my 1.4 D-4D and, together with the parkingsensors I ordered, it will take some weeks to have them installed.

But I'll keep you informed by this forum about my experiences.

I just ordered the parts for installing cruise control on my 1.4 D-4D and, together with the parkingsensors I ordered, it will take some weeks to have them installed.

I dont wanna disappoint you ,but i think you are not be able to install the CC kit on your 1.4 D-4D. I got pictures of my Auris 1.4 Petrol (i think it is same like yours), tonight i'll post them to see what i'm talking about :(

I dont wanna disappoint you ,but i think you are not be able to install the CC kit on your 1.4 D-4D. I got pictures of my Auris 1.4 Petrol (i think it is same like yours), tonight i'll post them to see what i'm talking about :(

Hi Ael,

I am not sure that I understand why you think it is not possible. So I am curious about the pictures :huh:

Hi Ael, about the 1.4 petrol it's clear that it cannot be installed, as it has been said here before. About the 1.4 Diesel, there is nothing positive or negative about it.

pong38, we'll wait for your feedback!

Will you have to drill the wheel or change the plastic arround it in order to fit the cc controller?

Can you share with us the cost of the cc controller and its cable?

Thank you a lot!

So as i promised here is the pictures of my 4ZZ-FE petrol model ;) Find the differences

auriscompare.jpg

I think in 1ND-TV will be the same problem. There is no bush where you can connect the wire. Also the ECU of the car probably doesn't know how to operate with this kit. That's why the dealers say it can be put only in 1.6 petrol and D-4D (2.0 and d-cat 2.2). I hope i'm wrong on this :(

There is no bush where you can connect the wire.

It's easy to check, just remove the airbag and we will be able to compare :)

Best regards, Alex

It's easy to check, just remove the airbag and we will be able to compare :)

Best regards, Alex

As we see on a picture there are only two bushes. Not three!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links