Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise Control Installation Instructions

Speed_Chaser

slightly off the topic but.... has anyone seen the manula book, theres some other cool stuff like rain sensing wipers and Traction control (TRC)... any one tried adding these as after market??? especially the TRC button ;)

I imagine most of it will be a drop in fit. Makes sense to fit everything to the car from new, and just remove 1 key component (button/stalk) so when it comes to fitting for a customer it is a quick upgrade.

so i got the CC switch and cover from scrapyard for £50, worst thing ever, cut the hole wrong, messy and to big i think, not easy trying to get a clean cut, so im gonna buy the original steering wheel as well from scrapyard with the hole precut.

anyway back to the switch, it doesnt work??

i pressed the on/off button at various speeds and the light just stays on but speed doesnt stay constant?? light wont go off when brakes or clutch is pressed but only when i press the off button.

post-126181-0-84228800-1355872148_thumb.

post-126181-0-52540300-1355872156_thumb.

Try it at speeds over 40mph; light won't go off when you press clutch or brake pedal, this thing only deactivates the cruise, it's a normal behaviour if I remember exactly.

Ok I got it to work after reading the manual properly, u have to have the cruise light on and then pull down on lever towards "set" to set the speed.

Spot on. The on/off button and light are there as a fail safe to make sure you don't accidentally set it going round a corner or similar.

Just ask your Toyota dealer for that part number and he should find it. Or then you can order it on-line from the UK.

i remember someone saying on this post that you cant have a cruise control and a performance chip running at the same time?? is this true or has anyone got both of them running?

Just ask your Toyota dealer for that part number and he should find it. Or then you can order it on-line from the UK.

i have get my cc today. i install it. it works. thank you for your info. and i have found cover but i ll buy it later.

i have get my cc today. i install it. it works. thank you for your info. and i have found cover but i ll buy it later.

Where did you find the cover? Can you link please?

• 1 month later...

I was going to fit CC to my car, It's a UK reg Corolla 2.0 D-4D on a 56 plate, there was a clutch switch and a 4 lead brake switch, there was also a "cruise" legend on the inst panel, but when I checked under the air bag ther was no socket to connect to and no mounting screw holes for the switch, so thats that then, no CC for me.

post-112505-0-98951900-1360000592_thumb.

Short of replacing your steering wheel I can't see it fitting anywhere. Boo :(

Thats a big no no, quite apart from the cost there is no guarantee that the column is wired for CC, and of course the contact ring would have to be changed as well, so maybe I'll look at another type of bolt on CC when I get time, but this project is now dead in the water as far as I'm concerned.

• 1 month later...

went thru all 34 pages,will definitively give it a try, but all the links on eBay are dead.cannot find the item.any help?

found it,I forgot search engine is my friend

i have 2008 1.6 auris (petrol) (manual transmition). i would like to install c.c. to my car. But i have some questions. i need swich and cable to active / deactive c.c. that's ok but do i need also clutch and brake swiches too?

thank for answers...

No, you just need the switch and wiring harness, and a wheel center that looks like this one under the airbag, pressing brake or clutch cancels CC automatically.

post-58139-0-00222500-1364814225_thumb.j

Hi,

I have bought a new Auris. 1.4 D-4D MultiModeTransmission. In turkey new auris shown as packages "Life-Active-Advanced-Premium" Only 1.6 petrol Advanced and premium have CC other do not have, but 1.33 life or other petrol engines can applicapable for CC retrofit. In diesel models there is no information.

How to check availability on diesel engines? Does any body use CC on new 2013 auris?

I have a 2011 1.6 Auris (Petrol) with Manual transmission. I have worked out the engine as 1ZRFAE which I think is compatible with cruise control. I am a bit uncomfortable drilling holes in my 1.5 years old car which is in mint condition. After reading this entire post (all 35 pages), it seems that I will need the following parts. What is the best place to get these ? The fleebay thailand seller no longer has the cruise control on sale. I am also a bit worried about the airbag. Anybody has any ideas on the least intrusive way to install this ? (without drilling any holes)

1. Cruise Control switch + Cruise control cable
2. Two M5x10mm screws
3. Plastic cover
4. Steering wheel column with pre-cut hole for the CC cover

I have also requested quotes from Parts-king and still awaiting a response.

Hi and welcome on TOC.

The method you described is actually the best and least intrusive. If you buy the steering wheel column with pre-cut hole, you won't need to drill or cut anything. Just make sure you'll get the correct one. There are ordinary models for manual transmission cars and different ones for MM-T models, which have pre-cut holes also for the MM-T wings.

You just need to stay calm regarding the airbag. Preferably do not disconnect it and do not hit it with anything and you should succeed.

Good luck with your project!

Thanks Speed_Chaser for your advice.

Parts-King has just confirmed that they have stopped supplying parts for this particular project (as they have had issues in the past). Are there any other options ?

I have a 2011 1.6 Auris (Petrol) with Manual transmission. I have worked out the engine as 1ZRFAE which I think is compatible with cruise control. I am a bit uncomfortable drilling holes in my 1.5 years old car which is in mint condition. After reading this entire post (all 35 pages), it seems that I will need the following parts. What is the best place to get these ? The fleebay thailand seller no longer has the cruise control on sale. I am also a bit worried about the airbag. Anybody has any ideas on the least intrusive way to install this ? (without drilling any holes)

1. Cruise Control switch + Cruise control cable

2. Two M5x10mm screws

3. Plastic cover

4. Steering wheel column with pre-cut hole for the CC cover

I have also requested quotes from Parts-king and still awaiting a response.

Hi Flash, I found the least intrusive and by far the easyiest way is to just unclip the air bag, rest it on the wheel then drill a hole in the cowl and elongate it just enough to get the switch through,

fit switch and refit air bag and you are done, it can easily be done in 30 minutes, I think the way i did mine is tidier than the original, IMO ;), and it's not like you can see the hole anyway can you?

I think you would be happier doing that than removing the airbag and wheel and all that it entails.

Regards Chris.

Issues in the past? Well, that's interesting. Could you please be more specific?

You can always try another dealer, for example your local one.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links