Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise Control Installation Instructions

Speed_Chaser

Hmmm I have on local stores Torx t30 with 100mm 130mm 150mm..

what is the correct to order on local stores the screwdriver costs about 1.5pound

Suggest that you discuss your requirements with the local store manager and get them to show you what is available

7 mm guys

Hi

Torx 30 is the size of screw head. The 100mm etc is length of shaft

Hi

Torx 30 is the size of screw head. The 100mm etc is length of shaft

OOOOH... Now I got it..

Sorry I am not familiar with all that :)

That helped a lot.. so I will proceed and order a Torx 30 screw :) thank you

Hello i have to T3 D4D 2.0 Turbo on an 07 plate i have checked behind the panel on the steering wheel and there is the little socket for the cable to be plugged into and the mounting holes for the switch itself and theres a Cruise light on the speed consol but when i call Toyota they tell me ints NOT compatible with my car, any ideas at all should or would it work ???

Many thanks Andy (leeds).

Hello i have to T3 D4D 2.0 Turbo on an 07 plate i have checked behind
the panel on the steering wheel and there is the little socket for the
cable to be plugged into and the mounting holes for the switch itself
and theres a Cruise light on the speed consol but when i call Toyota
they tell me ints NOT compatible with my car, any ideas at all should or
would it work ???

Many thanks Andy (leeds).

Hello i have a 07 plate D4D 2.0 turbo manual do you know if this will work at all ? I have looked behind the steering wheel panel & theres the small cable socket & theres the Cruise light on the dashboard aswell but when i call Toyota they say its not compatible ??? any ideas, Many thanks Andy (leeds).

I was told the same ad they have updated the system and them parts are not on the list for the car therefore not available ... However give them the part numbers and they do turn up on the system its odd but that's how I had to do it

Sent from my HTC One SV using Toyota OC mobile app

I was told the same ad they have updated the system and them parts are not on the list for the car therefore not available ... However give them the part numbers and they do turn up on the system its odd but that's how I had to do it

Sent from my HTC One SV using Toyota OC mobile app

Its not your dealer that is the issue it is the parts catalogue they have to use, it is a one car, one part system, when you input the vehicle details into the catalogue parts not originally fitted do not list. Hence when your chassis number is input the cruise control switch is not listed, as it was not factory fitted and Toyota do not offer accessory fit cruise.

As you mentioned some thoughtful person has tracked down a part number which may work, but your dealer will never confirm this.

• Like 1

So I bought my self a torx t30 but either I am doing something wrong or the screws are very tight screwed so i am.... :D you know

I pressed with all me power but nothing.. others has also the same problem?

Yeap, both screws are strongly tightened (about 8.8 Nm), so with a torx 30 screwdriver you have to untighten them forcefully.

Before remove the airbag, take out the Battery minus terminal, wait 90 sec., then start unscrewing the bolts.

• Like 1

I did the one screw but due to the reason I used other (before) screwdriver on the other it dont seem to fit (I think i may sratched the screw or somehow damage it. Looks fine but the screwdriver just wont fit) :'(

What should I do?

Well I finally opened the wheel.. When the motor was off I installed the "cruise" pad..

I started the engine (didnt close the wheel just to be sure its working).

Unfortunately even if i press the on-off the Cruise sign (its there) wont light :(

Do I have to like be moving or the motor (or maybe the cruise pad) is not compatible?

I have the same problem, to clear my problem, at first i checked with toyota agency for installing cruise control and they told me it cannot be and my car is not ready for that while mine is corolla 2012 model with all options except cruise and in my owner manual it has cruise control, anyway i searched the internet and made the checking below:

1- Checked accelerator pedal and found it connected to electrical sockets wihich means mine is Drive-By-Wire.

33yi3qs.jpg

2- Checked connector A50 and found pin40 is already conneced to blue/black wire.

9lh3k2.jpg

3- Checked connector E6 and found pin 1 and 2 already connected with brown and blue wire

200zkm9.jpg

So i decided to buy the original components needed which is:

1- Cruise Switch No. 84632-34011

2- Cruise Cable No. 84633-48020

3- Cruise Cab cover 4518612010B0

4- Cruise M5x10mm screw 90159-50199

After fixing it nothing is working at all, i tried to measure volts at pin 1 and 2 at E6 connector in all positions of cruise stick but giving 0 volt in all.

Any advise ?

I have the same problem, to clear my problem, at first i checked with toyota agency for installing cruise control and they told me it cannot be and my car is not ready for that while mine is corolla 2012 model with all options except cruise and in my owner manual it has cruise control, anyway i searched the internet and made the checking below:

1- Checked accelerator pedal and found it connected to electrical sockets wihich means mine is Drive-By-Wire.

33yi3qs.jpg

2- Checked connector A50 and found pin40 is already conneced to blue/black wire.

9lh3k2.jpg

3- Checked connector E6 and found pin 1 and 2 already connected with brown and blue wire

200zkm9.jpg

So i decided to buy the original components needed which is:

1- Cruise Switch No. 84632-34011

2- Cruise Cable No. 84633-48020

3- Cruise Cab cover 4518612010B0

4- Cruise M5x10mm screw 90159-50199

After fixing it nothing is working at all, i tried to measure volts at pin 1 and 2 at E6 connector in all positions of cruise stick but giving 0 volt in all.

Any advise ?

What engine is fitted? and PM your chassis number

My engine is 1ZR-FE, I will PM you my VIN number.

Not surprisingly when I use your VIN in the parts catalogue, cruise control is not listed as it was not factory fitted, however if I use the same info as your car without a VIN I can get a list of parts all of which match except the switch wiring I get part number 84633-71010 not 84633-48020

Thanks a lot Mr. Lee for your time, but i think this wire will not make big difference in my situation, i tried to search everywhere for a solution but cannot find, i found troubleshooting for checking the cruise fuse while i didn't find any fuse related to cruise in the owner manual or even in the service manual. If the problem is in the computer itself, is it easy to be changed, i am taking this issue now as a challenge.

Please can u tell me..

I ordered OEM:84632-34017 84632-34011

What you need to tell me what can fit into my car? (This one doesnt).

Hello,

I have a Toyota auris hybrid t4 and wanted to add the cruise control unit. I am unable to find a mechanic who is will to fit. From older posts I see it's easy but would prefer to have it done by a professional.

Does anyone know of a mechanic (in / around london area) that can do this job.

Thanks

Hello just a note to say i tried all you said about in your post about the Cruise Control & i found a website online, where i got the parts from for £20.40 for both the switch & cable they arrived & was fitted in 10 mins & its working 100% perfect hence well chuffed.

Hello just a note to say i tried all you said about in your post about the Cruise Control & i found a website online, where i got the parts from for £20.40 for both the switch & cable they arrived & was fitted in 10 mins & its working 100% perfect hence well chuffed.

From the same website I bought it my self... and it didnt worked :(

Can u provide us a direct link of the seller/item?

Hello,

Anyone know of a mechanic in and around London who can fit the cruise control unit to toyota auris hybrid t4.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Hi,

First of all - Great DIY guide! thanks for sharing the info
I own a '05 Israeli corolla. my electrical plugs are very similar but the steel frame is different - see below image. (I don't have radio controls on my steering wheel so I guess the difference in electrical wires is the radio buttons connection).

although the horn wire is different from the guide, I think the cruise connections are the same so maybe it could work... What do you think?

Full model details:
Engine 3ZZ-FE
VIN: jtdbz28e250103843
Model ZZE121L-AEPDKW

Maybe these details could help find someone with a similar (European) model that could share his experience?

Corolla_05airbag.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

fully agree... great guide!

Has anyone fitted cruise control successfully on a 2nd gen HSD (2ZR-FXE hybrid engine)?

What part numbers do I need?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have asked a question here....

Can anyone help please?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links