Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise Control Installation Instructions

Speed_Chaser

Ordered a stalk from AliExpress, and tried it last night (just plugged it in with the airbag unscrewed) - the cruise light works fine, so suggests all is good.

Car is an Auris 2.0 D4D SR (2008)

Going to cut out the bit on the steering wheel tonight and fit it properly.

Hello all.

I fitted the cruise control unit on my auris hybrid to. Works fine but now the vsc/trc light is always on.

Any ideas what that does?

Should I be driving the car at all

Hi All,

Just bought a friends 2008 Auris 1.4D4D MMT, with low mileage and was going to get an aftermarket system fitted. Will all UK Auris's of 2008 have the facility to just add the switch and connector to have working cruise. Does anyone know of someone who can do the conversion in the London area ?

Cheers Mick

I got mine done over the weekend.

Got it done on 15 minutes.

Ask for Lee (based on Woking)

+44 7944 660381

I got mine done over the weekend.

Got it done on 15 minutes.

Ask for Lee (based on Woking)

+44 7944 660381

Thanks Imrazza, I'll give Lee a call, any advice about where to buy the switch and cable from ? Did you sort out the problem with the vsc/trc light ?

Cheers Mick

Hi All,

Just bought a friends 2008 Auris 1.4D4D MMT, with low mileage and was going to get an aftermarket system fitted. Will all UK Auris's of 2008 have the facility to just add the switch and connector to have working cruise. Does anyone know of someone who can do the conversion in the London area ?

Cheers Mick

Cruise cannot be installed by just fitting the Toyota cruise switch on:

1.33 dual VVTi

1.4 VVTi

1.4 D4D

The required wiring and ECU functionality does not get installed on these engines.

Aftermarket kits may be available.

But can be added to:

1.6 dual VVti & Valvematic

1.8 HSD

2.0 D4D

2.2 D4D

( where steering wheel has access panel )

• Like 1

Thanks for that Devon Aygo, so forget the Toyota system and get an Independant brand installed ??

Thanks Mick

• 1 month later...

Hi there.. I just installed a cruise control for corolla toyota that I got off the eBay. My car is a "model E15EJ" 2011 corolla diesel automatic, grey in color :) Model: NDE150L-AELNYW

The installation was very painless; connectors fit each other perfectly, the airbag cover came off easily, etc.

However the car is ignoring the cruise control stick; no matter what I do it, nothing on the dash, and no change in car behavior.

The kit had come with two more single loose wires - one long and one that looked like grounding wire -- and NO instructions.

I didn't use use those; maybe I need to wire them somewhere?

Any help would be much appreciated..

Thanks!

-turgut

Someone suggested I may have an older firmware that does not support the cruise control.

Does anyone know if these cars are flashable or is the ECU (ECM?) replaceable?

Someone suggested I may have an older firmware that does not support the cruise control.

Does anyone know if these cars are flashable or is the ECU (ECM?) replaceable?

Cruise cannot be installed by just fitting the Toyota cruise switch on:

1.33 dual VVTi

1.4 VVTi

1.4 D4D

The required wiring and ECU functionality does not get installed on these engines.

Aftermarket kits may be available.

But can be added to:

1.6 dual VVti & Valvematic

1.8 HSD

2.0 D4D

2.2 D4D

( where steering wheel has access panel )

At present even the latest Auris with 1.33 & 1.4D cannot have cruise as Toyota have not included the required wiring nor software.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Should I notify my insurance about adding this to my vehicle?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have some cruise control kit it the original from toyota

Just £35 if interested my number 07592804084 ;)

post-144653-0-32747800-1415788169_thumb.

Thinking of trying this with my 2014 ICON HSD anyone tried to remove the airbag yet? it looks to have three holes with a spring clip on each. I want to get it off to see if the connectors are there. There is a blank plate on the RHS of the steering wheel.

Many thanks

Never mind it popped off easy enough. Three spring clips in the wheel shroud. This mod works on 2014 Auris ICON HSD. Dealer said it would need a new ECU!! Hope this helps someone.

£25.20 Delivered

Used eBay item number:

Sorry for complete newbie questions but does it req. any form of coding or activation thru computer?

Shouldnt do. If you have pre facelift auris then take the airbag off, turn keep to igg dont turn engine on and touch the to pins with a metal screwdriver. If cruise lights up, your sorted to go ahead. This is what i did

Hi

Just fitted this to 09 plate 1.6 vmatic works perfect.

Could i fit this to my new 64 plate yaris 1.33 manual?

Thanks

Hi

Thanks

No as posted previously cruise is not available on 1.33 & 1.4 d4d on Auris

As stated above its to be fitted to a yaris.

Also the auris i have fitted cruise to doesn't have access panel on steering wheel but still works perfect.

Sorry missed the Yaris bit, on the Auris only 1.6 engines and above are pre programmed/fitted to accept cruise. On new Yaris cruise can only be fitted if the car is factory fitted with a comfort integration ECU not all specs have this from factory and it cannot be retro fitted. if you PM your chassis for the Yaris I can check if the integration ECU was fitted at factory, if not you would need scrap 2014>1.33 Yaris to swap the engine ECU, dash wiring harness, engine harness, integration ECU and main body ECU

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have some cruise control kit it the original from toyota

Just £35 if interested my number 07592804084 ;)

it sold it :)

Hi

Thanks

Most Yaris 1.33 with 1nrfe engine can accept cruise control. I'm posting the guides below.

The question now (again) is why the hell Auris 1.33 1nrfe doesn't work with the cruise control stalk.

Does it have different ECU? Doesn't it have the wire to the ECU?

Why Toyota doesn't help? Since they don't install cruise control. Nobody's going to change his Auris and buy a new Toyota just for the cruise control.

I'll check the wiring of the car better. Anybody has more information please post.

Hi

Thanks

Most Yaris 1.33 with 1nrfe engine can accept cruise control. I'm posting the guides below.

The question now (again) is why the hell Auris 1.33 1nrfe doesn't work with the cruise control stalk.

Does it have different ECU? Doesn't it have the wire to the ECU?

Why Toyota doesn't help? Since they don't install cruise control. Nobody's going to change his Auris and buy a new Toyota just for the cruise control.

I'll check the wiring of the car better. Anybody has more information please post.

Most 1.33 is wrong, cruise can only be fitted to a Mk3 1.33 Yaris as a factory order, if the car left the factory without cruise it cannot ( with out great expense ) be fitted as the car is missing a switch, control module, the additional wiring and a Cruise equipped engine ECU. At present cruise is only available on Yaris 1.33/1.4 Icon +, Tspririt, Excel and Hybrid models as they leave the factory with it fitted. As for Auris, 1.33/1.4d cannot have cruise.

The link you provide only mentions 1.5 US and 1.3 Australian models these are didderent to EU spec and obviously include the additional equipment required from factory, EU models don't.

As for Toyota not helping they will not comment on items not fitted at the factory or not available as an approved accessory.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links