Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise Control Installation Instructions

Speed_Chaser

Hi everybody ,

so i got Auris 1,4 Petrol (4ZZ-FE) and i'm curious why this cruise control do not work on this engine ? If anybody have some idea ? I got the "CRUISE" sign in the left side next to RPM, got two cover caps .. everything. Why this works only in 1,6 Petrol. Does anybody try to put cruise on 4ZZ-FE to see will it works ? I really want to install this thing on my car because is so easy to drive on highway. Thanks in advice!

Hello Ael!

Regarding to my information which i got from Auris owner's club Russia, your engine's controller doesn't have any slot where to connect CruiseControl to.

But I think that you should ask your official Toyota dealer what will you have to do to make this option working!

Hello guys!

I've installed CruiseControl to my car today. And YES, it WORKS!!

It's just wonderful, loving it allready.

hey, the HID kit in your signature pic, is that factory or aftermarket?

Hello Modena!

The kit is aftermarket, it's 6000k from Cobra...

Could you post some more clear photos, like the projection onto the wall, view from the front and back etc.

Also a link to cobra site??

I am interested in getting a kit for mine.

Thanks!

Ok, will try to do that as soon as possible.

I'll make some photos in the dark and

post them on this forum. Will give you the

link to the Cobra site then too...

Please check my Introducing my Auris! -post for further details... I will post

the pics and information regarding my

xenon kit in there!

Best regards, Alex

Thanks champ! ;)

can anyone can tell me from where i can order this parts

does this part will fit my auris 1.6 petrol

cruise

thanks

Hello!

It seems to me that you have the right one there... There's just one thing: The cable has two ends on it's other side (grounding I think).

Don't know if it matters, but I have only one white plug on one end, and another white plug on another end...

Parts-King told on this topic that he has the needed part

availeble... I think that you should PM him and ask for exact price shipped to Israel!

Please post on this topic if you are going to order CruiseControl, and I'll tell you about one more extra part which might be good to order too,

to make the install look cleaner!

Best regards, Alex

I'm not entirely sure but it seems that CC cannot be installed on 1.4 Petrol and Diesel engines otherwise we would have them installed as series. Up here in Portugal equipment line Sol has CC in all other engines along with no key startup. The only 2 cars that don't have this equipment in the Sol line equipment are the 1.4 VVti and 1.4 D4D and I'm almost sure it's not because of a cost saving issue but rather then these 2 engines CPU do not support it.

Hi, i am from Greece .I am very interesting about cruise control ,can anyone help me to know how i can buy it through the Internet? Is in eBay? Βecause I have looked but not found......

here is parts king replay to my PM, can someone confirm this?

Hi

I have tried this on a UK car and it did NOT WORK

Due the the large amounts of cars produced in the world, I believe it MAY be possible in some countries, but it is not something straight forward

Regards

John

I cannot confirm this, because I have Auris with 1.6 petrol engine and everything works just perfectly...

Many guys on Auris Club Russia have installed CruiseControl on their cars, and it worked for them too!

I suggest you to try it, and I'm 99% sure that you won't be dissapointed ;)

Best regards, Alex

here is parts king replay to my PM, can someone confirm this?
Hi

I have tried this on a UK car and it did NOT WORK

Due the the large amounts of cars produced in the world, I believe it MAY be possible in some countries, but it is not something straight forward

Regards

John

hi

i talked with my toyota installer here in israel and he told me i need 2 more parts to install cruise control in my auris.

1. plastic cover that will fit the cruise handle after installing it on the steering wheel

2. i don't know execltly but he said i need a "sensor" that is installing on the brake paddle that suppose to cancel cruise mode while hiting the brakes.

i talked with Parts king and he can supply parts as long i give him parts serial number.

can somone here direct me to these parts so i can order them.

thanks.

hi

i talked with my toyota installer here in israel and he told me i need 2 more parts to install cruise control in my auris.

1. plastic cover that will fit the cruise handle after installing it on the steering wheel

2. i don't know execltly but he said i need a "sensor" that is installing on the brake paddle that suppose to cancel cruise mode while hiting the brakes.

i talked with Parts king and he can supply parts as long i give him parts serial number.

thanks.

Yes, that's why I asked you to tell me if you're going to order CruiseControl, so I could tell you about this plastic cover and two M5x10 screws. It is possible to buy the screws from your local building store, but if they don't have this size it's always better to order them too!

You can see the serial numbers for the switch and wire at the beginning of this topic. I can try to ask about the serial number for the plastic cover, but don't know about the sensor for the brake pedal. Didn't install it myself...

Best regards, Alex

hi

thanks.

Yes, that's why I asked you to tell me if you're going to order CruiseControl, so I could tell you about this plastic cover and two M5x10 screws. It is possible to buy the screws from your local building store, but if they don't have this size it's always better to order them too!

You can see the serial numbers for the switch and wire at the beginning of this topic. I can try to ask about the serial number for the plastic cover, but don't know about the sensor for the brake pedal. Didn't install it myself...

Best regards, Alex

i really appriciate if you can get the plastic cover serial number.

hi

thanks.

Best regards, Alex

i really appriciate if you can get the plastic cover serial number.

Will try to do that tomorrow, and then post the number on here!

Best regards, Alex

asked the dealer regarding adding Cruise control to the Auris today (see clutch wierd noise why i was at the dealer)

they inform me it cannot be retro fitted (will be checking with a couple of other dealers in my area) to see what they say

thanks.

Hello Nir!

I talked today to my Dealer of Toyota Parts and he told me that the

part number for the plastic cover is: 4518612010B0

Best regards, Alex

Can cruise control be retrofitted to my Yaris? D4D with MMT?

I did enquire about this with my dealer who immediately said no.

Toyota said that this is not possible due to the "excessive number of parts would make it a complex installation"

I wish one could officially personalise their Toyotas with a healthy, decent priced plethora of factory fitted extras (but obviously not on a silly level that is presented to Mini and German makes).

• 3 weeks later...
Hello

I cant contact parts king

Where can i find him?

Thanks

Hello termitis!

You can send Parts-King a private message,

and you can do it by clicking this link!

Best regards, Alex

Will this work for 1.4 D-4D Auris with Manual Transmission?

I don't know, but you will find it out by checking that the engine type isn't

4ZZ-FE, with others it should work, even if you have manual gearbox.

Other things that you should check is to look at the left from the RPM

display (on the upper side of the handbrake -light)

in a sunshine or by pointing there with lamp, if you'll see there

the text "cruise" (which lights up when the controller is installed and

is shown on the last photo of my instructions), then

you should have the option available.

But this is not 100% sure information, so please check the availibility

of cruise control to your model also from your Toyota dealer or from the

user's manual. Good luck to you!

Thank you for the detailed reply brother!

I checked the manual, my engine is 1ND-TV.

Then I went to garage and looked at the display with a flashlight, I definitely could read the CRUISE. :)

Then I checked my steering column for the caps you said. I have one right under the star screw, near the ignition. :D

So this means I can install cruise control, yes?

Hi,

Firstly thanx alexC for this topic.

My question is same as Toscane's question.

My engine is 1ND-TV Can i use these parts?

Toscane did you put it on your car???

Also we are both from Turkey, I want to talk with you. Do u have MSN? You can add me if you wish.

You can get my contact inf. from information.

• 1 month later...

Thanks alexC for you information..Is your engine 1ZR-FE..???

Because my type is 1ZR-FE and i think it will work..!!!

Please help us because all Auris here in Greece has 1ZR-FE engine..

Thanks a lot..!

Thanks alexC for you information..Is your engine 1ZR-FE..???

Because my type is 1ZR-FE and i think it will work..!!!

Please help us because all Auris here in Greece has 1ZR-FE engine..

Thanks a lot..!

Hello Laskaris!

Yes, my engine is 1ZR-FE, same as yours so it should work fine...

Best regards, Alex

Thanks alexC.One more..My Auris doesn't have a clear cap.It seems fixed and i don't know how to install it without "breaking" the plastic on the wheel.I found this picture in the RussiaTOCforum but i don't know the notes about.

Could you please help me?

Thanks alexC.One more..My Auris doesn't have a clear cap.It seems fixed and i don't know how to install it without "breaking" the plastic on the wheel.I found this picture in the RussiaTOCforum but i don't know the notes about.

Could you please help me?

It's just a picture of some custom details which Andron used for his installation. (He has cap which is possible to remove, as you allready said, we don't have it)...

I did it like this, and I think you'll have to do it so too: There are small marks (which init the size of the hole needed to be done), the line is on the outside of the steering wheel. You will have to open the center part of your steering wheel and then start to make the hole. Soldering iron is best for this, but as I don't have it I did the job with the drill (it was difficult, as I had to do the job by making many many holes... After cutting the main piece out you will have to polish the hole with sand-paper to make it smooth and even. After the hole is ready, just try to fit there the part you got before (you'll have to order one part from Toyota, it's usually used in fitting Cruise Control on Prius... It's a plastic bracket which has small rubber pieces fixed inside it. The rubbers will let the Cruise Control stick through them, but will cover the hole! If the bracket won't fit, just polish the hole until the bracket will fit. It will look like from factory... In my case the bracket didn't fit very well, as I made my hole partially too big, so I didn't have the chance to get it same size from everywhere, it would have become too big! Now it's partially OK and partially too big, so to cover this fault I put some black adhesive paste around the bracket. It looks fine! And by the way, no-one can really even see the joystic as it's at the downside of the steering wheel most of the time... So don't stress too much about it! ;)

Hope that this information was helpful, and good luck with your installation!

Best regards, Alex