Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise Control Installation Instructions

Speed_Chaser

It's easy to check, just remove the airbag and we will be able to compare :)

Best regards, Alex

As we see on a picture there are only two bushes. Not three!

I know, was talking to the people with 1ND-TV engines...

Best regards, Alex

Thanks alexc.

I'll ask to see what I do with it.

I'll let you know!! ;)

Hi Kingdragon, when you have news can you share with us? I'm from Portugal, here we have these versions:

Auris

Luna

Sol

Mine is Sol, the 1.33 VVT-I and 1.4 D-4D do not have cruise control installed, neither the hole to install the cruise control on the wheel. 1.6 VVT-I and 2.0 D-4D already have cruise control installed, in the same version.

On mine (1.4 D-4D), like yours, I'd love to install cruise control, because I make several trips with many miles, and that would really ease my right leg!!

Wait for news from you! Thank you!

Hi dvd.ribeiro!

Of course I'll let you know as soon as I will install it! ;)

I think in 1ND-TV will be the same problem. There is no bush where you can connect the wire. Also the ECU of the car probably doesn't know how to operate with this kit. That's why the dealers say it can be put only in 1.6 petrol and D-4D (2.0 and d-cat 2.2). I hope i'm wrong on this :(

Prior to the installation this morning I checked the connection of the CC in my 1.4 D-4D

There is hope. Ofcourse it is not sure if it is wired.

Auris CC connection

...Ofcourse it is not sure if it is wired.

...and the ECU of your car will know what to do with this thing. I will cross fingers for you ;)

You know wat AEL... Even if the ECU doesn't "see" the switch... you were such a great help with your comments.

We all have learned from your wise words. :P

Well, as already written, at least there's hope!!

I hope this will work, if does, my Auris will have a new equipment installed!!

• 2 weeks later...

Any news of the installation on the d-4d?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It's easy to check, just remove the airbag and we will be able to compare :)

Best regards, Alex

As we see on a picture there are only two bushes. Not three!

I know, was talking to the people with 1ND-TV engines...

Best regards, Alex

Hi alexC!

I read all the posts in this topic here, and I try to sumarize to myself what to order:

If I have the same car like you (Auris 1,61ZR-FE - only difference is that mine is manual)

Ill need:

(Torx T30 screwdriver)

Cord CP. 84633-48020

Switch, Speed 84632-34011

Two M5x10mm screws

Plastic cover 45186-12010-B0

And to make a hole on the side of the steering wheel...

2 Questions:

-How does it effects the cuarantee of the car if I start to do it myself (still 2 years left from the 3 years)

-Where to order the items (as PartKong wrote the wire and the swirch are around less than 100 Euro, but when I asked my dealer they said me 350 Euro with installation)

Thanx,

feheri

Hello Feheri, and welcome on TOC!

I've been to your country and it is very beautiful :)

You seem to have on your list everything you'll need. Now all you have to do is buy it.

About the price... You should search from eBay or some other places selling Toyota parts.

My switch and the wire cost me about 50 euros as Xpyyy bought the items from

a russian online-shop and sent them to me. You should ask from Toyota about the price again

WITHOUT THE INSTALLATION, as their installation fees are very high. And if the price

won't still be less than 100 euros and you won't find the parts on eBay or other shops,

just order them from PartsKing, he has pretty good prices too.

If you buy from eBay or other shop, it's enough to order the wire and the switch

as other parts can be bought from your local Toyota shop, the screws and the frame aren't

very expensive at Toyota. Of course you can order them from PartsKing, especially if you'll buy the switch

and wire also from him.

I don't have exact info about the warranty, but I think that you won't lose it if you'll do everything

correctly without making any mistakes. It's your right to make the installations of ORIGINAL PARTS

and TOYOTA ACCESSORIES in other garages too, not only Toyota. Same thing as with maintenance,

don't know what's the real name but when you go to Toyota and they change oil etc, after 15 000KMs

or so, you can do it also in some other place, and you still won't lose your warranty if everything

is done and changed as it should :)

Best regards, Alex

• 4 weeks later...
156626w.jpg

Can someone take a photo of this place with installed cc. It would be the best if someone had cc originally, i'd like to se how it looks like originally

Here's some pic I found after quick search:

2352812_l_9b80147a135168f8.jpg

Hope it will help!

Best regards, Alex

Hope it will help!

Best regards, Alex

I think he wanted to see if there is a hole visible, Alex ;) He needs a close up of the CC shifter and the steering wheel. :thumbsup:

Hope it will help!

Best regards, Alex

I think he wanted to see if there is a hole visible, Alex ;) He needs a close up of the CC shifter and the steering wheel. :thumbsup:

I get that, and it's visible on that pic :) You can see that there's no hole as there is a special "facia" part which I described before on this topic!

Best regards, Alex

• 1 month later...

Hello, and welcome on TOC!

Is that your real name, Koksymilian? I've heard about Maksimilian, but never about anyone with name Koksymilian... :rolleyes:

I suggest you to go to Toyota and say you want to get CC installed (don't say you're going to do it yourself), then listen what will they tell you :)

Best regards, Alex

hi all

i've just done this mod on my auris 2.0 d4d and its awesome

thanks for the guide

i picked up the cc unit from eBay for a total delivered price of 25 dollars

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-OEM-TOYOTA-CAMRY-05-06-07-08-CRUISE-CONTROL-SWITCH_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1205Q7c240Q3

a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem29fed4a0

e7QQitemZ180369006823QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The link is not working... How did you make the hole for the CC switch?

Best regards, Alex

Is that your real name, Koksymilian? I've heard about Maksimilian, but never about anyone with name Koksymilian... :rolleyes:

You've heard good :) I'm polish too and there no name Koksymilian :P

I'm polish too and there no name Koksymilian :P

Lol it would have been funny name if there would be such :D

But hey maybe he's not Polish, just lives there :unsure: :P

Best regards, Alex

I'm polish too and there no name Koksymilian :P

Lol it would have been funny name if there would be such :D

But hey maybe he's not Polish, just lives there :unsure: :P

Best regards, Alex

heheh

its a just a nick ;)

i was in toyota and they sad that its impossible to instal in my car CC...

but i have the third whole and the lamp control..

BTW. welcome :)

Hmm I don't know why there's a connection slot if it's not possible to connect CC to your car... Strange!

Ael posted before a pic on this thread where he had two types of steering wheels. One had the connection slot, another didn't.

So I guess that they make at Toyota two types of steering wheels, ones with the slot, and ones without. At first I thought they put

the connection slot in every car, even the CC won't work on that model (just to save money and time)...

If you are very curious about it, maybe you should just order from somewhere cheap CC and test it. If it won't work you will be able to

sell it to someone... I don't see any other options :(

I can tell you that I've heard and know some people who work at Toyota and when you go and ask them about CC or something, they

would be able to install it to you but they just don't want to do that, as they are "angry" that you didn't buy the car model with better options

(which has CC as a default). Hope you understand what I mean. This may not be true in your case, just told you that you'd know it is possible.

This is why sometimes if you really want something, better to test it on your own and not trust Toyota too much :)

Best regards, Alex

i agree with U.

few people in this topic has 1.4 diesel too.

some of this guys ordered the part and did't wrote about the progress, so I write to THIS who buy this part and forgot share of results :)

sory for my english :P

Okay I get you Koksy! I also hope that they will answer... Not because I need that info, but I'm just curious :)

Best regards, Alex

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links