Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cruise Control Installation Instructions

Speed_Chaser

The link is not working... How did you make the hole for the CC switch?

Best regards, Alex

i cut it out using a drill which gave me a smooth finish

have not got the piece to cover the hole yet but i plan on keeping the car so will source a proper plastic later

sorry about link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-4RUNNER-PRIUS-SIENNA-TUNDRA-CRUISE-CONTROL_W0QQitemZ170343977771QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessori

es?hash=item27a94ad32b&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177&_trkparms=240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A100

copy and paste into address bar

looks like old technology to be fair.

been asking at work about this and as far as i can tell the cruise control system is in the ECU. yes the switch may operate the lamp but not the actual cruise control function. i believe that it would need to be pluged into the toyota computer to activate.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i have a 1.4 diesel and i have connection on steering wheel, i try install cc but doesnt work.

Hi, i have a 1.4 diesel and i have connection on steering wheel, i try install cc but doesnt work.

big thx for U

Give us more info please ,what didint work ? Is there any dashboard indication ? Any lights goes ON when u try to use it ? Or just u move the thing and nothing happened ?

I was almost 99% sure this wouldn't work simply because of one reason. Up here Sol equipment level brings all the stuff u can get on the Auris with the exception of the 180 named DCAT here which brings some special wheels and 1 or 2 more things. 1.4 diesel and gasoline are the only that besides having Sol equipment level do not have CC or keyless entry system. The 1.6 and 2.0 have these. So is more then obvious that this is not installed because its not possible otherwise they would do it or offer it as option. It is not even something related to price/equipment/performance because the difference in hp is considerably big 20 or more. This could be the case in other cars where the power difference is low and they don't provide some equipment so that you choose the next level car. Not the case here so we the 1.4 owners just have to live without it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm new of this forum and found this while googling for some advice for my new Auris (I had the car last friday) :)

Anyone with a Auris 1.3 Dual VVT-i engine (1NR-FE) tried to install the Cruise Control or know if it's working?

My guess is that it won't work for the same reasons exposed by Grippen just above of my post... but I can't manage to find any info to know this for sure.

Please, anyone can post here the electrical resistance measured betwin those 2 wires for each cruise button pressed? I want to test the functionality of the cruise control before buy the switch. I know some people try it for 1ND-TV engine and didnt work, but i want to go further. I hope you understand my request. Thanks.

How did you make the hole for the CC switch?

Hi, Alex, hi everyone, following this thread. I have finally put my hands on the part number for the pre-drilled lower steering wheel boss cover a049.gif

Please, have in mind that there were like 14 different part numbers for this part, depending on the color. This one is for Dark Grey trim! Enough said, here is the part number: 45184-02150-B0

Parts King, could you please quote a price for the item? Thanks!

The idea of installing CC is very tempting.

But I am about to receive my new car 1.6 valvematic with the vvtL-i.

Does anybody know if things change on that engine?

It the unique version, gasoline, manual.

I am counting a few days more to pick it.

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
Please, anyone can post here the electrical resistance measured betwin those 2 wires for each cruise button pressed? I want to test the functionality of the cruise control before buy the switch. I know some people try it for 1ND-TV engine and didnt work, but i want to go further. I hope you understand my request. Thanks.

I have Corolla 1,4 d-4d and all documentation about Corolla/Auris. I'm sure that ECM for this engine don't have input for cruize control, but if you want to try this there is information which you need:

A-3 (CCS) - A-1 (ECC)

Neutral

>10 кОм

A-3 (CCS) - A-1 (ECC)

+ (ACCEL)/RES (RESUME)

235–245 Ом

A-3 (CCS) - A-1 (ECC)

- (COAST)/SET

617–643 Ом

A-3 (CCS) - A-1 (ECC)

CANCEL

1509–1571 Ом

A-3 (CCS) - A-1 (ECC)

ON (ВКЛ)

< 2,5 Ом

I have also phoned up a Toyota dealer in the UK and they said they cant install in on an Auris, has anyone who has a car in the UK been able to successfully install it, as I would love it but hate to go through putting a whole in the steering wheel and to find out it wont work.

I have Corolla 1,4 d-4d and all documentation about Corolla/Auris. I'm sure that ECM for this engine don't have input for cruize control, but if you want to try this there is information which you need:

A-3 (CCS) - A-1 (ECC)

Neutral

>10 кОм

A-3 (CCS) - A-1 (ECC)

+ (ACCEL)/RES (RESUME)

235–245 Ом

A-3 (CCS) - A-1 (ECC)

- (COAST)/SET

617–643 Ом

A-3 (CCS) - A-1 (ECC)

CANCEL

1509–1571 Ом

A-3 (CCS) - A-1 (ECC)

ON (ВКЛ)

< 2,5 Ом

You are the best! Thanks.

Hi,

Just been scanning through this thead and was just wondering, if it does work, what impact will this have on any warranty?

Will it void the warranty completely?

(Sorry, if this has been covered. 7 pages is a lot to read in detail)

Thanks

No problem Ralph, welcome on TOC!

Nothing will happen to your warranty I guess, as it's original Toyota accessory. If you will make a correct installation it won't affect in any way.

Of course Toyota won't repair for free if you'll break something during the installation, but you can always go to Toyota and ask them to make

installation for you if you don't feel like capable to do it yourself.

Best regards, Alex

i've just done this mod on my auris 2.0 d4d and its awesome

thanks for the guide

i picked up the cc unit from ebay for a total delivered price of 25 dollars

Hi

Can you please answer some questions for me?

- which package of equipment do you have

- do you have any buttons on the right side of the steering wheel

- do you also have VSC in your car?

Thank you...

As far as I know having or not having a VSC does not affect on CC. Buttons on the right side of the wheel have nothing to do with CC. One button is for speech recognision or something and another one is for speed limiter.

I did not know why you asked this but hope my answers were helpful...

Best regards, Alex

Thank you for your help.

In our country (Slovenia) there are two types of steering wheels (with and without buttons on the right side - depends on the equipement). Cars without buttons on the right side do not have (Dealers say - no option) for CC. CC is avaliable only with the highest equipement. The highest equipement also have VSC and...

I was thinking that maybe something is connected.

Best regards,

Matic

Okay, then I think it is not because of do you have the buttons or not, but just because of the equipment level the buttons are included in. Maybe in navisace's country the equipment level is different and buttons on the right are exrta equipment. It's possible that they are being not installed automatically even in cars with highest equipment level. So it is not the right thing to trust too much. But let's hope he will answer, maybe he knows something helpful about this issue.

On the other hand I think if you call your dealer and say hello I have this car with this equipment and I want CC installed, how much does it cost and which day could I come to fit it? If he says it is not possible it is not possible. Why would he not do the job for which he can get some money?

But on the other hand :D some parts are not available for every equipment level. For example in Finland you can order HIDs only if you have highest level. But I am not sure can you order them to any level when you allready have the car. Maybe it is just when you order from the factory you can order it with certain things, but when you get it, you can go to Toyota and install whatever you can get. Even you have lowest level you can get HIDs etc...

Best regards, Alex

Of course Toyota won't repair for free if you'll break something during the installation, but you can always go to Toyota and ask them to make

installation for you if you don't feel like capable to do it yourself.

Don't count on this... When I was purchasing the parts for my CC (forgot to mention I too have this good in my car now :P ), I asked the dealer how much would they charge to install it for me. They tried to convince me it would never work, that a CC can't be added to a car that didn't get it installed by Toyota! If I hadn't seen this thread, I could have even fallen for that. I told them it WAS possible and asked them how much would they charge, but they completely refused to install something that has not been there in the first place (the only reason I can think of, is that they want to sell cars with higher level of equipment and don't want people to find out they don't need to part with that much cash only to get some of the options they would actually use)

(the only reason I can think of, is that they want to sell cars with higher level of equipment and don't want people to find out they don't need to part with that much cash only to get some of the options they would actually use)

Thanks mate, that's what I was after in the last chapter of my previous message but did not really say it :) Was just talking about the doubt I have regarding the possibility to install whatever you want to your car after you got it from the dealer...

Best regards, Alex

• 4 months later...
Some news about Pong38 about installing CC on Auris 1.4 D4-D? finally it worked?

Hello !

I have the same question:

"Some news about installing CC on Auris/Corolla 1.4 D4-D (1ND-TV)?"

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links