Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Something Happening

Tegan

Northern meet activity  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do for the next meet?

• Xscape
    • Country drive and pub lunch
    • Karting
    • Motor museum
    • 5 a side footie

Are there any more northern meets in the pipeline before the xmas party - got two and half months to fit one in - any takers?

Teegs x

*****EDIT******

Here are all the details on the meet :

Date of meet: Sunday 19th October 2008

Meeting at Ferrybridge services (At A1/M62 intersection)

Time : 11 o'clock

From Ferrybridge , take a nice drive to Aberford, to the Swan pub for food and chatting (Table booked for 2pm)Followed by a drive down some nice roads leading to a good place to take some pictures, maybe a drink then everyone makes their way home.

Details of Menu at the swan:

CLICKY

For those that dont want to meet at Ferrybridge - the postcode of the pub is LS25 3AA (type that in your sat nav or AA route map etc etc) , meet us at the pub if you like.

List of people that have said they are going:

1. Tegan & rob (Definite)

2. Gaz (Definite)

3. Asha (Definite)

4. Hou (Definite)

5. Rich (Definite)

6. Kearon (Definite)

7. Fizz

8. chriscomp (Definite)

9. Teddylicious (Definite)

10. toweylowey (Definite)***Pulled out****

11. Les & Anne (Definite)

12. Caz (Definite)

13.SJ (Definite)

14.Mo (Definite)

Please can you confirm your attendance by MONDAY 6TH OCTOBER So that Hou can book the table and we can get the time nailed down. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Teegs xx

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hou

• Norfolk n Chance

• -T- Sport

• Tegan

Nice on rich :) , I think we could fit a pub meet in at the very least - if anybody has any locations suggestions then fire away - be nice to see everyone again, lets get some more interest going - make it a good meet

T x

If I am about, I'm in :huh: as for locations how about the Boro?????? lol and Parmo's!!!!!

I think Hou might need a Parmo fix.

I still want to go >> HERE <<

It'll be a trek for those in the northern half of the region, but I reckon it'd be well worth a visit !

There's round 5 of the Toyota Sprint Series coming up at Teesside Autodrome too.

Ohhhhhhhh no....Rich has been wanting to go there like since forever!!!!!!

SJ please can you knock on the door and see when they will be open again?

Ohhhhhhhh no....Rich has been wanting to go there like since forever!!!!!!

SJ please can you knock on the door and see when they will be open again?

Bubble Car Museum - opening details for 2008 season

The Museum is open from 10am (last admissions 4pm) at weekends and on Bank Holidays from April to November inclusive, and also on Fridays and Mondays in July and August.

Groups can telephone (01400 262637) to arrange a visit at a time to suit them, including evening visits.

Entrance fees: adults £2.50, children 75p

(if they can see over the counter!)

HTH :thumbsup:

well what i meant to say in my post was I went on a day which said according to the website it would be open, so if this was going to be meet or if anyone was planning to go there I would maybe phone or email first, I am happy to pop in anytime but I dont think they are open in the week much, am happy to try and find out more tho

well what i meant to say in my post was I went on a day which said according to the website it would be open, so if this was going to be meet or if anyone was planning to go there I would maybe phone or email first, I am happy to pop in anytime but I dont think they are open in the week much, am happy to try and find out more tho

it was just an idea thrown into the mix, but if there's enough interest from others then I think it's a winner !

If not then I'll go anyway ! :P

Well I am going to throw this out...............and you will be suprised!

Hows about............Xscape (but actually do something this time like bowling, or laserquest)

Its the most central place for the northerners that actually turn up all the time

fair for les and anne, tegan and rob, fizz, asha, rich, gaz, mo and of course me!!!!

A Northern meet outside Yorkshire?!! :o

:lol:

To quote a famous phrase...."If it's outside Yorkshire, it's not worth bloody visiting" :lol:

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

Well I am going to throw this out...............and you will be suprised!

Hows about............Xscape (but actually do something this time like bowling, or laserquest)

Its the most central place for the northerners that actually turn up all the time

fair for les and anne, tegan and rob, fizz, asha, rich, gaz, mo and of course me!!!!

Not to be a party pooper but Xscape is getting a bit boring and there are too many gypos! :o :P - i dont know about most people but i used to love the old northern meets where we would rock up at a country pub somewhere, have dinner - go for a drive down winding country roads then do a photoshoot or whatever we used to do to pass the rest of the afternoon.

Maybe we should do a poll?

Teegs x

We could do with some locations before there's a poll! ;)

We could do with some locations before there's a poll! ;)

Obviously :lol:

Well theres rich's suggestion and Hou's, and anybody else is welcome to pitch in constructive ideas gaz :thumbsup:

Ive been looking around today for a few ideas, not come up with anything yet - will try again later though when ive got a bit of time :)

T x

i used to love the old northern meets where we would rock up at a country pub somewhere, have dinner - go for a drive down winding country roads then do a photoshoot or whatever we used to do to pass the rest of the afternoon.

Teegs x

So where were the meets then?? :lol:

i used to love the old northern meets where we would rock up at a country pub somewhere, have dinner - go for a drive down winding country roads then do a photoshoot or whatever we used to do to pass the rest of the afternoon.

Teegs x

So where were the meets then?? :lol:

We had a meet at scarborough, one at hull under the bridge, another meet taking pics along a country lane with a little brook running down the side (cant remember where and the search function wont go back that far ), one at a cinema in bradford i think it was??

The point is they were at a different place every time - instead of same old same old

Anything else - and you may have pick old members brains as the search function wont give me anything else :thumbsup:

There's a 9 mile drive through Dalby Forest, £7 to enter tho and not many pubs in the forest! :lol:

Failing that do we just pick a village at random in North Yorkshire??

Nice country pubs and plenty of nice country roads?

:thumbsup:

I just got a bit more out of the search - we went karting three times, went to bubble inn a few times, we even went to a stately home/ big posh house - if anybody remembers that?

I think a random pub with loads of good roads is a super idea gaz , good food, good drive out , good crowd of TOC'ers always = great meet :thumbsup:

Does it have to be in yorkshire? Yorkshire isnt the whole of the northern region ya know :P Think the northern region goes right up to the border and dont know where it stops down here but im pretty sure it includes notts aswell :P (Not that theres any interesting roads in notts like)

T x

To quote a famous phrase...."If it's outside Yorkshire, it's not worth bloody visiting" :lol:

:lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links