• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheDon

• Bibbs

• Jimlad

• nick_mcuk

That looks good, though TBH I would put a thin material cover over the cones to hide them from view. I know the seats will hide them to some extent, but you can never be too careful....

That's all well and good if you're a midget and dont need the seat all the way back to drive comfortably.....in that pic the roof panels are resting on the floor...thus preventin full movement of the seat.....ok if you don't have a t-bar tho' I guess :huh:

well i wrote a little programme in excel that will provide you with the dimensions for a sub box whilst retaining the interior sub space needed. so if we can get the maximum dims for the box to fit in (i.e behind the seat) and the cubic space required for the sub to be at an optimum i can come up with the exact box design. and i have built plenty of sub boxes before. soooo easy plus they only cost about £10-15 to make versus the cost of shipping etc. the cost then would be in excess of £200 plus import tax if your lucky.

best thing i ever learnt on my design aprenticeship was reverse engineering. take a look at how someone designed and built something, then !Removed! copy it!

everyone put £££ in and buy one... then get yourself to replicate it and sell at much cheapness ??.... me thinks... :D

well lets work out what subs ya want, normaly on the box they quote a free air requirement. for a 12" sub its normaly about 2.5 -3 cubic ft. im not too good with ported boxes as they are totaly fiddly!

but as far as getting it all in i dont see a problem. and maybe we can even improve on it a bit. is there anyone that lives near or around junction 3 of the m25 that would wanna pop down so i can take a few measurements in the space behind the seats. then i can design it all in CAD and have a set of PDF (adobe acrobat) plans to upload to the system for all you budding diy guys.

looks very similar to mine .. but those look like 8"s not 10"s ..

And I'm 6'4" and I can still get the T-bar behind ..

yeah they are 8" subs. i was wondering about a set of 10" solobaric (square) subs? could be cool.

also i could come up with the plans to have a set of toyota logo'd speaker protector grills made up from perspex. how cool would that be. lazer cut perspex floating over the front over sub!

Some MDF, acoustic carpet... and you're done. Buy a bigger sub of your choice..... Not worth getting sub boxes imported... It's always more fun modding your own car, yourself. At least then you can say that you actually did somehting on it.

Some MDF, acoustic carpet... and you're done. Buy a bigger sub of your choice..... Not worth getting sub boxes imported... It's always more fun modding your own car, yourself. At least then you can say that you actually did somehting on it.

I'm lazy.... lol

If someone else can do it.. I'll get them to do it... my motto in life.

well when i have sorted out all the designs etc i will give you all the plans for several cubic variations so you can buy subs of your choice. i will do this for the love of MR2s and the forum. lol. i normaly get paid ££££££££££ for designing stuff. lol. as long as all of you promise your not gonna make money from my designs?

Oh, and I think these are MUCH nicer, looks smoother than a box on the floor:

408682_8_full.jpg

I like these too....

and the Don.. cheers !

Iv'e been in touch with sean......it's not cost effective to import them, he will give you the measurements and you can make or get made your own. I had two 12's in ine...I can e-mail a pic if someone wants to put it up. Iv'e since sold them and am doing 10's...I have the subs but still need to make the boxes.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

is there anyone in the south that wants to pop down for a hour or so to donate their car for some measurements for the sub box. also anyone that can find out the average cubic space requirements for a 10" sub then that would be realy good too.

cheers guys. btw im 5 mins of off junction 3 of the m25

triouble is if you have it loud for a long time the bass makes you feel sick! I was always feeling sick.. pukey feeling

lol, well its either that or a pair of 8" subs. i was also planning on a top mounted amp option for the plans

does anyone know if there was any interior differences between all the MK2 MR2's. as when i get mine on the 18th its a Rev 5 1998 model. and that is where all the measurements will be taken from unless someone wants to pop down with a rev 2 or rev 1 to make sure they all fit. seems a simple enough box to design. i just gotta find out some sub specs i.e cubic displacement.

I've a rev2 you can measure ..

I'd have thought they would all be the same ..