Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Slick Install Pics

TheDon

ok well i have designed the smallest possible angled box within the limits of the speaker size! it can go bigger but the top measurement of 100mm is the absolute min.

but it has near perfect volume (cubic foot space) as recomended by pioneer!

for example, pioneer recomend 0.3439649 cubic foot. i managed to get this box designed to

0.3439537 cubic foot!

8_inch_sub_box_360x300x160x100_2.sized.jpg

i am hoping that this will be the perfect size!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheDon

• Bibbs

• Jimlad

• nick_mcuk

if you point me in the direction of the web site so i can get some speaker specs then i may be able to design it for you. i just know that these were used to great effect in another MR2 instalation

JL Audio 10W0

I think my current 10w3's are overkill

Sealed Enclosure Range: 0.50-0.90 cu.ft. (14.0-25.5 liters)

Ported Enclosure Range: 0.90-1.50 cu.ft. (25.5-42.5 liters)

i will design it once i have some limiting dimensions i can take from a real mr2. that way it will be a bit easier for me to enlarge the size for the 10" sub

with the seat as far back as it goes (within normal usage) will this design be ok.

and is the bottom dimension of 160mm from firewall to back of seat be ok?

with the seat as far back as it goes (within normal usage) will this design be ok.

and is the bottom dimension of 160mm from firewall to back of seat be ok?

Yeah...where the lip of the edge comes up. what about recline?? would you be able to do the same as above with these too??

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pioneer/...41029364900.pdf

Cheers

KiwiMR2

i will do my best for ya, the cubic capacity for these babies are nearly double that of the 8" versions! i will try and take my tapemeasure tonight when i get the car handed over to me and my mechanic to have it checked out tonight ( can everyone keep their fingers crossed to make sure this doesnt turn out to be a turkey of a car! x)

like i said before if people can come up with a few maximum dimensions for the box i can do the designs today for ya all.

needed are :-

maximum width at fire wall

maximum depth from firewall to back of chair at floor level

maximum depth at 300mm up from floor level to back of chair, that way i can calculate the angle of the chair rise.

cheers for anyone who can get these before 9pm

Okay .. dimensions of me box

with ascii art

_
             /  /\
           /  /    \
         /  /        \ 14.5"
       /  /            \
     /_/                \
     |5"\                /
     |    \            /
14"|      \        / 18"
     |       \    /
     |_____\/
      8"

It's 14" high .. 8" across the bottom, 5" across the top .. the sloped edge is 14.5"

and it's 18" across .. (but that leaves about an inch gap from the centre bit)

One thing though .. the bottom rightangles edge - along the width - may need to be rounded .. then it will sit flush with the lid on the stock sub box ..

These have a 10" sub in both .. and the chair can sit flush with the slopy bit .. but foward the 5" due to the top ..

thanks for that dude, that will help immensely!

perhaps i can start a line of MR2 specific audio products in the uk?

would you guys buy it?

well if i can design small runs of mr2 spceific audio stuff and have a group buy of limited runs that i would hav commisions made!

such as toyota logo speaker covers etc

I'd like a perspex cover for the box .. with the MR2 but into it .. and a UV light built in (to light up the JL logo on the sub).

I'll be after a TV too .. £450 seems about the best price (Panasonic)

tv for the car. i cant realy see many problems getting the logo made up as mr2. generaly these companies charge a larger setup price but only material costs. expensive when you want one cheap when you want ten

I'd just like to see the JL logo in UV pumping in and out .. maybe blue for the laser cut MR2 Logo?

I want to put the TV into where the air vents are .. as I've got a double din headunit ..

well dude before you order anythning try this place i know a few people that have their stuff and its great quality. as far as im aware they have a uk distribution point!

merconnet

they are a lot cheaper than £450

have you thought of using blue led's to light up the subs, in Halfords they have a set that are directional and plug into your lighter socket (dotn try and hard wire them without the socket) they are very bight and could light up a whole sub

I think they were £600 for motorised, VGA & touch screen ..

I'll dig it out ..

I wanna keep my double DIN headunit (CD/MD) .. and that only leaves one hold for the slide out TV.

Anyone know where I can get a resin type stuff to use to fill in holes on the fascia ..?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links