Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Piggy Back Ecu

pkny247

Has anyone heard of redlinetuning?

They claimed that they can increase CTS to 210-220bhp with their biggy pack???

Biggy pack? :lol:

Never heard of them.

An increase of up to 30bhp from a piggy back ecu?? :blink:

Does seem a bit much...

Especially for a car that nobody else seems to be able to play with.

It's a bigger increase than adding the TTE supercharger! :lol:

Does seem like to much, but i think even if it gives under that to about 200bhp...thats ok. I would pay around £600 to get to 200bhp because typhoons and the rest dont seem to be giving as much. I say we do a group buy we all get together ask them for a discount and see what we get out of it. Atleast that way if it gives somethink like 200 then we got it done cheaper if we get more as they state then we have been blessed. If we dont get any improvement then we can get our money back!

Has anyone heard of redlinetuning?

They claimed that they can increase CTS to 210-220bhp with their biggy pack???

what piggy back they talking about using? there are a fair few specifically for our 2zz - the celica ones dont work - and thats the sort of gains you'll be looking at.

LOL, it was me who went to them today and they mensioned they cud piggy back my car and map it to bout 210-220 for £650, i got my car dyno'd by them and got 194.3 hp from the flywheel. Im curious wot they can do, im gna ask them for more info. O yeh to make us Tsports look betta, he also said all the Type R's hes dyno'd they only produce 180bhp. Apparently wen silverstone performance dyno'd their Tsport wen standard it only produced 170 BHP, which means ive gained 18 BHP :D

Will keep u guys updated if i plan to go through this procedure, i mite b the dummy and tell u lot the difference LOL

Will keep u guys updated if i plan to go through this procedure, i mite b the dummy and tell u lot the difference LOL

If you do go for it be cheeky and try and wangle a discount due to the large interest on the owners club! ;)

As the CTS has a normally aspirated engine, is it really possible make the ECU tell the engine to produce more power? On turbo cars I can see how turning the boost up etc will make a big difference, but can a NA car really make a lot more power without changing the oily bits?

I have know experience of changing/piggy backing ECU's on NA cars :huh:

Must admit i'm a bit sceptical about this too.

Piggy back ECU's as far as i know, work by altering the signals going into/out of the standard ECU.

A few extra ponies maybe, but up to 30 extra?? :huh:

Don't see how that can be done without replacing the stock ECU entirely.

Silverstone Performance have a s/c upgrade kit which boosts power to 250bhp for £4k

hmmm, maybe if i decide to get them to tune it and if its a success ill try and get a discount, since their will b a lot of interest in the forum. i know Silverstone do a piggy abk for the car aswell, but dnt know how much gain they can do. Dnt suppose if n e 1 knows wot piggy bak they use at silverstone performance?

Im not really up to scratch on this piggyback ecu stuff!

is it only as good as the person who owns the rolling road(the tuner)

or could the tuner map these for a tsport and be available for an online buy?

just a question not exactly sure how these work!

cheers

You're thinking of an ECU remap.

These Piggy Back ECU's are a program to alter the signals going to the standard ECU.

There's plenty of them on eBay but none offering as high a gain as this one.

so the map is on the piggyback ecu and can just be wired in with no need for an expert or a rolling road? :D

someone should see what the gains really are i'd be interested!

so the map is on the piggyback ecu and can just be wired in with no need for an expert or a rolling road? :D

someone should see what the gains really are i'd be interested!

they need mapping - not just plug and play. its all down to the tuner and how good he is. not really worth doing without doing other mods first unless you want to pay for remaps altho you will still get gains on a stock car.

to be honest on modern day cars there's no point in going for a piggy back if your getting someone else to tune it, there are enough OBDII programmes out there that can re-map the standard ECU.

if you were doing it yourself i would sudjest the E-Manage Ultimate piggy back as i know how reliable they are, however if you have a bad map that triggers the fuel trimming part of the ecu then your map will become obseleet (spelling?), which is why so many people go standalone on modren cars to gain complete control

to be honest on modern day cars there's no point in going for a piggy back if your getting someone else to tune it, there are enough OBDII programmes out there that can re-map the standard ECU.

if you were doing it yourself i would sudjest the E-Manage Ultimate piggy back as i know how reliable they are, however if you have a bad map that triggers the fuel trimming part of the ecu then your map will become obseleet (spelling?), which is why so many people go standalone on modren cars to gain complete control

no choice with T Sport ecu - if you know how to crack it then you've done better than every tuner in the world, they all say they cant get into it.