Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Design Fault

tmd12

Hi

I own a 98 Carina 2.0 TD

I have had the car since it was 6 months old, and have two problems since then. Just wondering if other people have had similar faults especially on the diesel

1 - The discs keep warping, I have had about 5 sets on and now just live with the vibrating steering wheel! They were changed twice under warranty. I do need to change them again as they are getting very bad and was wondering if anyone had experienced a similar problem

2 - The electric windows are very very slow going back up, the rubbers were changed under warranty which did not really help. I do keep lubricating them with silicon and someone suggested fairy liquid but they are still pants.

Thanks very much

• 11 years later...

The solution I have for your slow, sticking windows would be to remove the exterior rubber strips and wash them with soapy water and a stiff brush, these rubbers have a strip of velvet contacting the glass, this easily becomes clogged with dirt from the windows and can prevent smooth operation of the window mechanism, as for the warping brake discs I can only recommend that you return to the dealership as this is a very serious and unusual issue, possibly caused by damaged suspension or steering components or damage to the braking system which will need to be rectified, in the mean time I recommend that you drive with extra caution and avoid high speed driving

Luke, the original post was made in Sept 2008, almost 12 years ago!

The topic will be 12 years old later this year, and the OP hasn't visited the club since October 2008 .....

• Confused 1

I wonder how many discs sets they've been through in those 12 years 😄

• 1 month later...

This is a bit ironic as I have just come back on to see this old thread resurrected! Well I have been through quite a few sets of discs having driven over 240,000 miles! The windows are still slow, silicon spray helps. I will try the tip to remove and wash

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

240,000 miles, now that's a journey 😄 well done.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links