Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tweeters

t-sport786

Hi guys i have just started to wire up my car and have run into a problemm. My tweeters do not fit into the original space and even if i cut into that original space they wont fit because the motor for the mirrors is there.

I could put them into the door card or A pillar, has anyone come across this problem too or has anyone fitted tweeters into theyr t sport??

Any help would be useful.

Thanks Ahmed.

Hi guys i have just started to wire up my car and have run into a problemm. My tweeters do not fit into the original space and even if i cut into that original space they wont fit because the motor for the mirrors is there.

I could put them into the door card or A pillar, has anyone come across this problem too or has anyone fitted tweeters into theyr t sport??

Any help would be useful.

Thanks Ahmed.

I mounted mine in the vents on the dash - just means u can't use the windscreen demister for too long or on too hot a temp

I mounted mine in the vents on the dash - just means u can't use the windscreen demister for too long or on too hot a temp

How did u manage to run the wires through? i was thinking about puting them through the A pillar but it might look odd as is creamy and my tweeter is black.

Just got a few quetions for you if you dont mind me askingg.

Did you block off the vent so no air comes through?

How and where did you feed the wires through?

Does it sound good lolll?

Many thanks. Much appreciated for your help mate.

(What mids and tweeters have you fitted, are you running them off the amp?)

Alright all ! to save me hassle in future any idea of the size of the tweeter so i can find some near that size if i decide to change them!

I'm not exactly sure of the size of the original tweeter but its quite small and mounting a new one difficult due to lack of space because the original tweeter has no casing its just the speaker part of the tweeter with wires behind the side mirror casing. I'l get you a pik if you want.

i was thinking about puting them through the A pillar but it might look odd as is creamy and my tweeter is black.

The A Pillar contains your curtain airbags!! :o

i was thinking about puting them through the A pillar but it might look odd as is creamy and my tweeter is black.

The A Pillar contains your curtain airbags!! :o

Looks like ill have to remove that optionn. Going with the air vents as lonepilgrim has done seems the best option and will look good too. Ill open it up today n see how it goes.

Thanks mate.

Just out of interest, what tweeters are you fitting in?

I'v got the Diamond M661 components and the tweeters came with it. I saw the pics of your install, thats a niicee install man wires are well hidden and it looks well good man. Well done man :thumbsup:

Coz ima have 2 amps one for my sub and one for the Speakers i'm thinking of building an amp rack to fit to the back of the seats and the wires would be well hidden in that aswell, just the amps will show but then if i ever need to fold the seats ill have a problem.

Iz your amp fine the way its sealed inside as in the fan and all that??

Have you changed the head unit aswell t sport?

i fitted infinity co axial as i don't think my OE tweeters are workin and didn't want the hassel you're experiencing!!

Have you changed the head unit aswell t sport?

i fitted infinity co axial as i don't think my OE tweeters are workin and didn't want the hassel you're experiencing!!

Yep i fitted my pioneer head unit in with a single din fascia plate, will upgrade to a double din screen tho.

I'v got another set to Speakers for the rear end theyr coaxials iv always fitted mids n tweeters in the front n coaxials in the rear. It is hassle loll but hopefulllyy itl be worth itt.

Macdonb2 you amp your coaxials?? do they sound good??

I'v got the Diamond M661 components and the tweeters came with it. I saw the pics of your install, thats a niicee install man wires are well hidden and it looks well good man. Well done man :thumbsup:

Coz ima have 2 amps one for my sub and one for the speakers i'm thinking of building an amp rack to fit to the back of the seats and the wires would be well hidden in that aswell, just the amps will show but then if i ever need to fold the seats ill have a problem.

Iz your amp fine the way its sealed inside as in the fan and all that??

Many thanks :thumbsup:

I've got Diamond M5 Speakers in my car, and i've managed to get the tweeters where the original ones use to be, so i can't see why you having a prob to get them fitted, unless they are bigger?

You doing the same sort of setup as i done, but i've only got the one amp.

Being a 5 channel amp, means that each of my Speakers is getting an outpit from the amp, that is, front mids & tweeters and sub. The rear Speakers are powered from the H/U but more used as a rear fill that main speakers.

Have you considered of building the amp rack on the boot floor instead, raise it up say 75mm, add a few fans as well to keep cool, that way, if you do need to move seats, you can without having to bash your amps as you have stuff on top of them, i use to do that in a old car of mine, but ruined the amp with major scratches from doing that.

Although my amp is covered, i can remove it if needed, or if i know i'm going to play loud or long.

I can't say that my amp get that cosy, but still warm enough, have thought of fitting fans behind it, but never really had a prob with it overal.

Bing

:thumbsup:

I considered putting them along the bottom but that would make the floor too heavy with all that mdf and the two amps, ima do a decent build like plant the amps to the bottom or something similar to urs soon not just yet tho. I'm playing around with my sub boxes at da mo, im a fan of ported boxes but ported in the corolla gonna weigh the car down quite abit so ima make a sealed box coz deyr alot smaller, n they weigh half the amount loll.

bakk to the tweeterss loll my tweeter got the whole casing around it so its gota be planted as the round tweeter and it just wont fit i even considered gluing it to the plastic casing around the mirror but the damn tweeter just too bigg. You got any suggestions of what to do?? how comes your one fitted the M series more or less same size init??

I considered putting them along the bottom but that would make the floor too heavy with all that mdf and the two amps, ima do a decent build like plant the amps to the bottom or something similar to urs soon not just yet tho. I'm playing around with my sub boxes at da mo, im a fan of ported boxes but ported in the corolla gonna weigh the car down quite abit so ima make a sealed box coz deyr alot smaller, n they weigh half the amount loll.

bakk to the tweeterss loll my tweeter got the whole casing around it so its gota be planted as the round tweeter and it just wont fit i even considered gluing it to the plastic casing around the mirror but the damn tweeter just too bigg. You got any suggestions of what to do?? how comes your one fitted the M series more or less same size init??

If your feeling really energetic, why not use fibreglass as part of the install as then, would be lighter and a whole lot stronger too.

My sub and amp enclosure are both made from MDF and fibreglass.

Not only has it got shape, but also curves which would not be possible if using MDF only.

I've been feeling really photographic today and taken lots of pics of my car, with a few pics of my audio.

Have a look at my pics, and see if it helps with your install

gallery_1491_690_74201.jpg

gallery_1491_690_35047.jpg

gallery_1491_690_9544.jpg

gallery_1491_690_8307.jpg

gallery_1491_690_63724.jpg

gallery_1491_690_3486.jpg

I bought the Genuine Toyota tweters and mounted them in the A-Pillar, below the curtain airbag.

This is where the Toyota installation manual told me to put it! And it was completely fine, it goes no where near the airbag when you see it.

I have the black Speakers on the cream plastic and it looks fine as the dash board being black blends it in.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Around your tweeters did you have a diamond surround like a lip that said diamond on it?? Like a casing kinda fing

If i get time tomorrow, will take more pics of my tweeters and if i can remember where i put my speaker box, will have a look and see what left in there

:thumbsup:

Thanks for all your replies guys iv fited them into my air vents for now sound proofed the doors and the rear door cards its al basically doe nw expt that iv just gots connect the wires and the Battery clamp wich is a mina n ill do dat 2mrw thanks for ideass.

Smoftah is there any chance you might be able to send me a pick of the tweeters and what they look like cos tbh they would sound best in the pillars compared to fitting them anywhere else in the car so is definately something i wanna do. Much appreciated.

Here you go mate pics as requested:

CIMG1190.jpg

CIMG1191.jpg

CIMG1192.jpg

They are genuine Toyota accessory tweeters and cost £33, very easy to fit they just splice into the other speaker cables.

The SR is based on the T3 platform and they specced it up e.g. alloys, tte stuff and climate control e.t.c.

But mine was one of the last made and it actually came of the T Spirit production line where they and they specced it down on the production line e.g. didnt put the tweeters in or the rain sensors e.t.c. :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links